PDA

View Full Version : KI-27 torque

Wildnoob
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I get impressive on how this tiny figther can have so much torque.

always when I play with it, the slip ball stay centered to the left. it's a torque that even the KI-43 with a more powerful engine don't have. I think that when my pedals came next week, I not gonna not have much problem to counter the torque of the KI-43, but with the KI-27 I are really in doubth.

like I've saied above, how can a so small aircraft have so much torque.

I are really in doubth if could be my joystick, but as I've saied this not happen with other planes, even planes who also don't have rudder trim.

with you guys, the KI-27 as also this behavior ?

chris455
07-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I haven't flown the Ki-27, but I've flown another small plane, the F2A, and it's always banking to the left due to torque.
Maybe something in the way torque is modelled in the game creates an exaggerated effect in lighter aircraft.
Other than that, I wouldn't place too much faith in the Ki-27's fight model in any case. The way the AI flies it, it should be called the "Ki-262"
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Wildnoob
07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
it's really strange.

the torque is a consequency of power, and the KI-27 have only a 780 hp type 97 engine.

the P-51 have a 17,20 hp engine in WEP and don't have half the torque the KI-27 have.

Sillius_Sodus
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Could be because the KI-27 has a relatively short fuselage, "short coupling" I think it's called.

Outlaw---
07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
In cruise flight, engine torque will mostly cause an aircraft to roll, not slip. P-factor is what's causing the slip. Engine torque during maneuvering can cause all kinds of "interesting" things to happen but, since it's dynamic the only way to counter it is to watch the ball.

--Outlaw.

zardozid
07-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Wildnoob:
it's really strange.

the torque is a consequency of power, and the KI-27 have only a 780 hp type 97 engine.

the P-51 have a 17,20 hp engine in WEP and don't have half the torque the KI-27 have.

Maybe the horsepower to weight ratio? I think the ratio is greater on the Ki-27 then P-51.