PDA

View Full Version : The Ugly side of manhunt

Jack-Reacher
01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4UtiQEP9Rs

Anyone else sick of these games where one team is actually good on defence, but actually hide and stuff? It ruins the entire manhunt feel the game is going for. I am on offense trying to use skill and such to pick out my opponent etc, but instead they just charge around and use smoke bombs and charge and actually search for us instead. The game turns into a huge brawl. No, im not sore that I lost in some game because the problem is this works really well for the attack team if you know what you are doing. I didnt need to use any abilities in that game because all I had to do was mash square all the time as soon as I got up for a 15 kill streak.

Yes, this is sort of a boast topic in disguise but I also want your thoughts on this sort of gameplay, as sadly it is the fastest way for both teams to get points but its not the most fun way to play

obliviondoll
01-11-2011, 11:30 AM
So you're telling us that the other team were overzealous and bad at stunlocking you.

I've broken better stunlock teams than this.

:P

(Just messing with you - We both know you're better than me. But those guys weren't doing it right if they want to keep you down)

Jack-Reacher
01-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Im really just talking about the overall playstyle. Most of my videos you see me using tricks abilities etc in a unique way to track down and kill my target for loads of points. This one is just a big ugly brawl, yet I got my best score yet. It isnt fun this way imo

EscoBlades
01-11-2011, 11:41 AM
WOW! That's just....wow! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

obliviondoll
01-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Teams who focus specifically on trying to stunlock their hunters annoy me greatly. Losing to them isn't fun.

But I enjoy it very much when I beat a team trying to do this.

I was just saying that the guys you were up against were making a lot of mistakes that an intelligent team (or one with mics) could have easily avoided.

Properly relevant, though...

I don't play alongside teams who actively seek out their pursuers in manhunt - blend, get points while they look for you. Stun, if they make it REALLY easy, go for a second round of stuns if you can trap their whole team. But after that, run, and regroup somewhere.

EscoBlades
01-11-2011, 11:58 AM
My team tries for stun locks...but we are a stationary sort. We'll blend and get points. Once we identify pursuers, we make their life difficult till we die. Might as well make them work for those points right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Jack-Reacher
01-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Sounds exactly like my playstyle with my usual teams. We blend in groups, and when they come we stun them and regroup, or go for a second if their team mates are nearby.

But these "top tier teams" run straight to the middle of the map, most of the time they are never blending at all. It was kinda sad because it was just me and 2 other noobs and they won at they end they were like "Yeah nice one team!" Like actually proud of what they did. Then they saw my score and were like oh....

obliviondoll
01-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
My team tries for stun locks...but we are a stationary sort. We'll blend and get points. Once we identify pursuers, we make their life difficult till we die. Might as well make them work for those points right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I'd rather make them work then keep the points for my team anyway.

Your plan works for you, though, so I won't try and spoil your fun. Until I'm your hunter, of course.

EscoBlades
01-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
I'd rather make them work then keep the points for my team anyway.

Your plan works for you, though, so I won't try and spoil your fun. Until I'm your hunter, of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very diplomatic answer and i respect that. We should play, i'd rather party up with people who know what they are doing.

PSN id = EscoBlades
Gamertag = EscoBlades

Jack-Reacher
01-11-2011, 12:18 PM
One strategy wouldnt be to go all out on defence but to try minimalise the amount of points the other team gets. I usually go for untouchable on defence, so although I only get 1 or 2 stuns when im not recording, I stop the other team getting loads of kills on me. Its also important though to help out the team whenever possible otherwise they will find it easier to rack points up on them, its up to the player i guess on how yo mix that up

FKNLunatick
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah those guys were terrible. They just kept coming back to the same spot. Once a lock breaks the team should have regrouped and blended somewhere else. They may have won but they made it look ugly.

Jack-Reacher
01-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Also my team never respawned... and I joined in with like a minute left on defence, we actualyl caught up by a lot on that offense round, because we got around 400 points a kill and I got the 5 kill streak 3 times...