PDA

View Full Version : Typical!

Booshka
03-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Woe is me, I happen upon my first convoy, rather nice and well large and only guarded by one destroyer which I took out with the one torpedo I had left, then I surfaced ready to blow them all to bits only to get the "You can't man the gun in a Storm" message.. ARGGGHH!! Does this look like a Storm, its the only thing about this game that bugs me.

http://www.booshka.dsl.pipex.com/sh3.JPG

Booshka
03-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Woe is me, I happen upon my first convoy, rather nice and well large and only guarded by one destroyer which I took out with the one torpedo I had left, then I surfaced ready to blow them all to bits only to get the "You can't man the gun in a Storm" message.. ARGGGHH!! Does this look like a Storm, its the only thing about this game that bugs me.

http://www.booshka.dsl.pipex.com/sh3.JPG

Jim0322
03-30-2005, 01:59 PM
It is hard to tell how bad the waves are from that perspective. If the seas are so rocky that water is washing over the deck and you can't aim the gun then it is too stormy.

It is too bad you did not have calm seas. Actually the message would be better if it said "the seas are too rough to man (or aim) the gun" because you don't have to have a storm for the boat to be too unstable as a firing platform.

My 2c,
Jim

Booshka
03-30-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm currently tailing the convoy hoping for the seas to calm, my first convoy, just north of Ireland and I want to sink as many as possible. My last two patrols have been fantastic compared to the first two. The first two finished with me sinking one armed trawler thats it. The next two I got 19 ships in total, around 90,000 tonnes. I'm absolutely loving this game though.

SHMall35
03-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Its seems to be more to do with wave hight than a storm as such?

even if the waves are a bit high for the deck gun you should still be able to use the flak un against aircraft...but you can not...arhhhhhhhh

a real stupid bug in this game

Simon.