PDA

View Full Version : [Connectivity/Multiplayer] xbox one unable to connect to 2 of our smartphones

mjn2434
12-26-2020, 06:52 PM
We are trying to connect a couple of iPhones to our Just Dance 2018 game on Xbox One. One of these devices worked in the past, but now when we try to connect we get "OOPS! We are unable to connect your smartphone. It seems that something isn't set correctly".

iPhone SE with Software Version 14.2
NOT hooked up to a cellular network
WiFi is turned ON and connected to the same network as the xbox
Airplane Mode is OFF
Do Not Disturb is OFF
No updates available for the JD controller app but we have deleted it and re-installed
No updates available for the Just Dance 2018 game
We have restarted the phone itself
We have turned off ios Screen Time in case that was blocking it
We have tried all different timings (following the directions many many times, but also trying other orders to see if that helps).

I saw there was an option to do a Manual Pairing, but when the connection screen comes up on our xbox, we are not given a pairing code to put into the phone. There is a QR code and we tried reinstalling the app that way, but no luck.

We have 3 other devices that connect successfully. One of these is an older device and two are newer devices. Both of the ones that don't work are iPhone SE with version 14.2 and one of the two used to work correctly (the other we had never tried before) so I'm wondering if there is a problem with SE phones connecting now??

I can't think of anything else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ubi-TheBerry
12-28-2020, 01:26 AM
We are trying to connect a couple of iPhones to our Just Dance 2018 game on Xbox One. One of these devices worked in the past, but now when we try to connect we get "OOPS! We are unable to connect your smartphone. It seems that something isn't set correctly".

iPhone SE with Software Version 14.2
NOT hooked up to a cellular network
WiFi is turned ON and connected to the same network as the xbox
Airplane Mode is OFF
Do Not Disturb is OFF
No updates available for the JD controller app but we have deleted it and re-installed
No updates available for the Just Dance 2018 game
We have restarted the phone itself
We have turned off ios Screen Time in case that was blocking it
We have tried all different timings (following the directions many many times, but also trying other orders to see if that helps).

I saw there was an option to do a Manual Pairing, but when the connection screen comes up on our xbox, we are not given a pairing code to put into the phone. There is a QR code and we tried reinstalling the app that way, but no luck.

We have 3 other devices that connect successfully. One of these is an older device and two are newer devices. Both of the ones that don't work are iPhone SE with version 14.2 and one of the two used to work correctly (the other we had never tried before) so I'm wondering if there is a problem with SE phones connecting now??

I can't think of anything else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're having issues!

Please check this guide for any missed steps (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-us/Article/000062701)

Have you also tried reinstalling the Controller App?

May we also know the phone model and OS version of the devices that are working?

Thank you!

mjn2434
12-28-2020, 09:05 PM
Thanks for getting back to me! After way too many hours looking into this, I was finally able to solve my problem. We have a Circle Parental Control device. Although I had removed both of their phones from the device, I finally realized it was the app itself on their devices that was causing the problem. Once I deleted the app from their phones, we could connect to the game again. So far circle has only been good at blocking the things I actually want my kids to be able to do (e.g. school work and just dance). :rolleyes:

Ubi-Borealis
01-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the update mjn2434! I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. I hope your kids enjoy getting their groove on after finishing their schoolwork! :D