PDA

View Full Version : The same thing happens twice?

Lilpaulieboi
10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu65/pauliesaran/AC1.png http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu65/pauliesaran/AC2.png

Xm3buX
10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
It probably (hopefully) means that you can go back to previous parts of the game with all your equipment.

com199
10-29-2009, 05:15 PM
it's possible they decided to change what you are wearing at that point in the game. But other than that it' a possibility.

kakashi560
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
no. i think in the TGS video they edited his assassin outfit out because they wanted to show more of the before assassin ezio. i think i read an article that said you visit his father in the top of that tall tower in front of the execution grounds and he tells you to go to the secret location in there house and get the assassin outfit. thats why i think he has the outfit on before his father dies.

oh yeah the guards in the first pic are different from guards in the second pic

Lilpaulieboi
10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by kakashi560:
no. i think in the TGS video they edited his assassin outfit out because they wanted to show more of the before assassin ezio. i think i read an article that said you visit his father in the top of that tall tower in front of the execution grounds and he tells you to go to the secret location in there house and get the assassin outfit. thats why i think he has the outfit on before his father dies.

oh yeah the guards in the first pic are different from guards in the second pic

I read that somewhere too, but i think he tells ezio to go tell a judge about the truth or something like that

kakashi560
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
idk for sure need to find the article if i find i will post and if someone else finds it please post it

caswallawn_2k7
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
by the look of it a lot has changed between the 2 screen shot's, these are scripted events so the guard faces wouldn't change they would be constant, also a third person is behind Ezio and there is more detail on the guards in the bottom screen meaning it is more likely a more recent version of the game.

I wouldn't trust any screen before launch as the truth as until a game goes gold every single thing in the game is subject to change.

SBRedFlag
10-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I liked it better when he was in normal clothes, it made it seem more personal for some reason...

UchihaKarasu
10-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I hope it's still in the civilian clothes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I liked that better

The3rdDay
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
The only way to know: wait!

shadows473
10-29-2009, 10:00 PM
rofl sorry but Ezio looks like he is giving birth while the guard are holding him o.O

Xanatos2007
10-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Ezio is about to unleash his "hidden smoke bomb" to escape. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

nicky117
10-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
also a third person is behind Ezio
i have a sick mind so ewwwww..

Irvinlr
10-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Most likely what will happen is the first screen. Think about it, why would he wear the assassin outfit before his father died? I think after his father and brother get hanged, he will seek out his revenge and go look for the assassin robe. Make more sense to me.

EmperorxZurg
10-29-2009, 10:41 PM
has anyone thought that maybe that just happens to him twice in the game? one before he's an assassin and the other by different people after?

kakashi560
10-30-2009, 01:30 AM
has anyone thought that maybe that just happens to him twice in the game? one before he's an assassin and the other by different people after?
but he has same facial expression, same exact positioning and same exact background

firewaterearth2
10-30-2009, 01:43 AM
On this Ubisoft TV video thingie, they showed a lot of the first Quest in the game. Ezio's father tells him before he is hanged where his equipment is. So I'm pretty sure Ezio will be wearing his assassin outfit in this scene.

kakashi560
10-30-2009, 01:44 AM
On this Ubisoft TV video thingie, they showed a lot of the first Quest in the game. Ezio's father tells him before he is hanged where his equipment is. So I'm pretty sure Ezio will be wearing his assassin outfit in this scene.
exactly what i was saying

firewaterearth2
10-30-2009, 01:47 AM
Here's the vid I was referring to. It's German though. Dunno whether there is an English one.

http://ubitv.de.ubi.com/index....=0&games_id=7&side=1 (http://ubitv.de.ubi.com/index.php?vid=540&listsort=3&theme_id=0&pid=0&games_id=7&side=1)

There's also some footage of Ezio running from the father of a girl, while yelling 'There is no reason for violence!'. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

kakashi560
10-30-2009, 01:58 AM
translated version

http://translate.google.com/tr...l=en&history_state0= (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fubitv.de.ubi.com%2Findex.php%3Fvid% 3D540%26listsort%3D3%26theme_id%3D0%26pid%3D0%26ga mes_id%3D7%26side%3D1&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=)

just for article though...not much info

Shadowzkill
10-30-2009, 02:12 AM
but he has same facial expression, same exact positioning and same exact background[/QUOTE]

I think it happens twice. The second time it happened would probably draw parallel to the first time, so he would have the same position, expression, etc.

z0nnebril
10-30-2009, 03:31 AM
The second one shows how it is in the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ezio_475
10-30-2009, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Shadowzkill:
but he has same facial expression, same exact positioning and same exact background

I think it happens twice. The second time it happened would probably draw parallel to the first time, so he would have the same position, expression, etc.
No it only happens once

caswallawn_2k7
10-30-2009, 07:09 AM
as I have said one is a very early screen shot of the game, look at the people and back drop, it has next to no detail, then the second picture everything including the back drop has so much more detail meaning it is probably much closer to the final product than the first shot.

also if you look at the guards holding him they also have the same facial expressions they just haven't added the fine detail. (can be seen easier on the left guard)

so from this you can assume you only visit the same place once just in later development they chose to give Ezio his assassin cloths, this could be for any number of reasons including helping the story line.

Grimmjow1993
10-30-2009, 07:28 PM
I think it'd be a mistake to show the same scene twice and just revamp it. It confuses users.

Assassin_M
10-31-2009, 06:14 AM
i guess thats what ubisoft wants to do. ubisoft wants us to always talk about assassins creed 2,discuss make assumptions or even confuse us so as the game never loses its popularity cuz if it was dull with nothing to assume it wont be worth it but if it has lots of secrets and misguidings it will be more interesting

DarkAutocon
10-31-2009, 12:06 PM
I think that its probably that you can decide to go with the suit or without. coz since u get told about the suit before hand u might just get the choice of your attire when you arrive.
just guessing, thats all.

moqqy
10-31-2009, 12:17 PM
by the look of it a lot has changed between the 2 screen shot's, these are scripted events so the guard faces wouldn't change they would be constant, also a third person is behind Ezio and there is more detail on the guards in the bottom screen meaning it is more likely a more recent version of the game.

I wouldn't trust any screen before launch as the truth as until a game goes gold every single thing in the game is subject to change.

You don't know that. The game might use randomized guard faces and as the scripted events are obviously done in in-game graphics, it's very possible there are different faces in the cutscenes.

Edengoth
10-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by shadows473:
rofl sorry but Ezio looks like he is giving birth while the guard are holding him o.O
pfft! BAHAHAHAHA! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif it's true

caswallawn_2k7
10-31-2009, 01:00 PM
as the scripted events are obviously done in in-game graphics, it's very possible there are different faces in the cutscenes.
you obviously don't understand the concept of a scripted event then, but even so if you look at the graphics you can see one is a much improved version of the other by the entire surroundings and all the people in it, unless you are also willing to claim the graphics improves the second time you play through as well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

moqqy
10-31-2009, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as the scripted events are obviously done in in-game graphics, it's very possible there are different faces in the cutscenes.
you obviously don't understand the concept of a scripted event then, but even so if you look at the graphics you can see one is a much improved version of the other by the entire surroundings and all the people in it, unless you are also willing to claim the graphics improves the second time you play through as well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you don't understand the concept if you think it's not possible to have different faces on the guards in scripted scenes...

caswallawn_2k7
10-31-2009, 01:17 PM
moqqy scripted event's use special actors they don't just randomly pick npc's that are close by (there might not be any) also if you look at the guards in both pictures and compare it to the early and present version of Ezios mom you can see they are the same faces just one has been given the fine detail.

also if you look at the back drop just about everything on it has had the quality enhanced. but if you want to believe the faces with next to no definition are as far on in development as pretty much fully fleshed out faces I guess that is up to you, guess it's just a good job your not in QA for games.

moqqy
10-31-2009, 01:22 PM
You don't have to pick random NPCs, you can have a pool of faces for the guards that are in the events, though. And if you look very carefully, you might see that you are the only one who's been going on about the latter picture being the newer one.. I haven't said a word about which one is more polished.

OSnailsO
10-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Maybe it happens twice the facial expression might mean he shows the same face each time he is caught a lot of people do that when they struggle...

Tetsou88
10-31-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm assuming the Second picture came first, before they had modeled Ezio without his assassin uniform on, and they just used Ezio in his Assassin outfit as a place holder until they modeled him in his plain clothes.

To give support to this, If they caught him wearing his assassin robes saying "I'll Kill you" they would most likely just kill him there.

caswallawn_2k7
11-01-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm assuming the Second picture came first
if you look at the detail difference in the 2 pictures you can see they are actually listed in order of production, the second picture is much closer to the final product than the first one.

chronorez478
11-01-2009, 09:12 AM
hey guys im new on the forums but i was just thinking, what if it actually does happen twice, like at first his father is hung then later in the game someone else important to ezio is hung like uncle mario, kinda like an "end where it began" scenario. oh forgot to mention, when i saw this scene in the "ezios destiny" trailer, when he screamed that hed kill them it was in his teenager voice, but when it was in dev diary five, i think is where this was shown again, it was in his lower, more mature voice. so that might help prove it happens twice

Tetsou88
11-01-2009, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm assuming the Second picture came first
if you look at the detail difference in the 2 pictures you can see they are actually listed in order of production, the second picture is much closer to the final product than the first one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dunno, the quality in the background of the second looks worse than the quality in the background of the first.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/Tetsou88/AC1.png
It looks to me like the circled area's in the top picture look better than their counterparts in the second picture. Especially #1 which appears to be fingers on a statue. You can clearly see their shape on number #1, but on #2 they're blurry. Although this could also be just poor picture quality and not the actual game.

TheEpicWolf
11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Maybe the background is a little blurry because it's focusing on the people, it's almost like a camera would decide what to focus on and make that clear and the rest blurry.
But i dunno just a thought.

Tetsou88
11-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
Maybe the background is a little blurry because it's focusing on the people, it's almost like a camera would decide what to focus on and make that clear and the rest blurry.
But i dunno just a thought.

I dunno. After looking at it several times the Hand on the statue just looks horrible in the second picture compared to the first. The other stuff I could see as being the picture quality or focusing on the characters. But the hand just looks bad.

SBRedFlag
11-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by chronorez478:
hey guys im new on the forums but i was just thinking, what if it actually does happen twice, like at first his father is hung then later in the game someone else important to ezio is hung like uncle mario, kinda like an "end where it began" scenario. oh forgot to mention, when i saw this scene in the "ezios destiny" trailer, when he screamed that hed kill them it was in his teenager voice, but when it was in dev diary five, i think is where this was shown again, it was in his lower, more mature voice. so that might help prove it happens twice

I don't remember where the second pic came from originally, though I saw it in a gamesradar compilation of clips... let me go watch it again to hear the voice...
Edit: No, it's exactly the same voice both times. Which means that they've simply edited a scripted event.

Also, tetsou, look at the guards' clothing and faces, they're way better in the second picture, although it's interesting to look at the circled spots.

Lilpaulieboi
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
ye i found this in the ign video showing florence

caswallawn_2k7
11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
the brick work may be slightly more blurry but this is because in the second picture they have enabled shaders that aren't enabled in the first one to improve lighting effect.

if you look at the back drop out side the couple of little points you pointed out, the window is a lot higher detail, the colouring on the walls and statue is more realistic. then also not looking at your couple of little point's the faces in the first picture have no detail to them at all and in the second they have everything down to pupils and facial hair. also the detail on the guard uniform is a lot more defined in the second picture, before taking into account the finer details on parts of the char's have been smoothed as in the fist shot they are a lot more boxy.

also as said the focus is mainly on the char's not just the hand on the statue so they will give a lot more definition to the fore ground to highlight it as for you saying that on the statue is a hand if it is they must of made a statue of an alien as it definably is not human.

godsmack_darius
11-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Is it just me or is AC1 graphics better then AC2 graphics?

caswallawn_2k7
11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
all these graphics are from a old build of the game so they will still be working on them. the last round of demo's the graphics were quite good and that was still a old build of the game.

xSpottyZebrax
11-02-2009, 01:41 PM
(P.s I know this question doesn't really relate to this thread but I didn't want to make a new thread for it)
Why does Ac1 run (on xbox 360) at 1080i and Ac2 run at 720p? (This is according to xbl btw) Or is 1080i and 720p the same thing?
Sorry for my naivety http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-02-2009, 01:45 PM
on release they will say it runs at 1080i as every 360 game upscales very few actually run at true HD format's as a standard.

xSpottyZebrax
11-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Ok Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

chronorez478
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:

I don't remember where the second pic came from originally, though I saw it in a gamesradar compilation of clips... let me go watch it again to hear the voice...
Edit: No, it's exactly the same voice both times. Which means that they've simply edited a scripted event.

yeah i was just saying that off the top of my memory, though when i went back and re watched it i realized it was the same voice

Angry-Seniors
11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
it's probably a second play through, in which you keep your money, status, and equipment. the guards having different faces probably is just due to a random generation system the use to make the game have more depth and variety.
*if you notice the window in the back ground is the same and in the same place. as is the white structure behind Ezio and the three gaurds

caswallawn_2k7
11-04-2009, 04:30 AM
the guards having different faces probably is just due to a random generation system the use to make the game have more depth and variety.
if the faces from the fist screen are in the game it's going to look terrible as you are basically going to see highly detailed people then some1 walk past who doesn't even have a face. the faces in the first game are early renders done as place holders to allow them to show in the game before everything is finished.

chazzbo77
11-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Guys, he's gotta be in the assassin's outfit when this happens.

*SPOILER*

Before his father dies Ezio visits him in jail, and Giovanni tells him where he can find the outfit. It's in some of the new gameplay videos. He probably goes and gets it and then tries to stop the execution

caswallawn_2k7
11-04-2009, 04:55 AM
@chazzbo77: that's already been said just some people seem to ignore it and all the apparent graphics updates.

nitres15
11-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Lilpaulieboi:
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu65/pauliesaran/AC1.png http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu65/pauliesaran/AC2.png

i dont want to spoil enything but i saw in sum secret gameplay that u can chose if u want 2 pick it up (then i mean the suit)

DizzyTMan
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
The first one was in the early stages of the game. A gameplay video was released showing a good seven hours of gameplay. The second picture only occured. First one is NOT IN THE GAME.

kingbren08
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by nitres155:

i dont want to spoil enything but i saw in sum secret gameplay that u can chose if u want 2 pick it up (then i mean the suit)

can you post a link i really want to see that

ForsakenMessiah
11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by DizzyTMan:
The first one was in the early stages of the game. A gameplay video was released showing a good seven hours of gameplay. The second picture only occured. First one is NOT IN THE GAME.

7 hours?? more like 2 and a half