PDA

View Full Version : Info on the roll rate for the P47

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Roll rate for the P47 is correct for two of the three that are modeled in Forgotten Battles. "Technical Specifications for the P47 Thunderbolt". The P47 with the standard wing had a rotation speed of 79 degrees per second, which is about 4.5 to 5.0 seconds for one complete rotation. When the P47n model was introduced, the wings became larger by 22sq.feet, which gave it a roll rate of 98 degrees per second.
I did my own flight-testing with all three P47's checking rotation at different speeds and altitudes. The P47d-10 and the P47d-22 performed within specs while the P47d-27 was out to lunch. The d-27 fm is wrong. Its performance is lacking and rotational speed is way off. I believe all the disappointment expressed on this forum has to do with the d-27 model. Everyone wants to fly the latest and greatest but that is the plane with the problem. Stay with the other models until a patch for the P47d-27 is released.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Roll rate for the P47 is correct for two of the three that are modeled in Forgotten Battles. "Technical Specifications for the P47 Thunderbolt". The P47 with the standard wing had a rotation speed of 79 degrees per second, which is about 4.5 to 5.0 seconds for one complete rotation. When the P47n model was introduced, the wings became larger by 22sq.feet, which gave it a roll rate of 98 degrees per second.
I did my own flight-testing with all three P47's checking rotation at different speeds and altitudes. The P47d-10 and the P47d-22 performed within specs while the P47d-27 was out to lunch. The d-27 fm is wrong. Its performance is lacking and rotational speed is way off. I believe all the disappointment expressed on this forum has to do with the d-27 model. Everyone wants to fly the latest and greatest but that is the plane with the problem. Stay with the other models until a patch for the P47d-27 is released.