PDA

View Full Version : OT-Close Call Mirage video

TX-EcoDragon
07-10-2005, 01:06 AM
I don't know if you guys have seen this but. .

These two guys get really close to buying the farm when the pilot blacks out just under Mach 1 and regains consciousness in a state of confusion inverted and nose down 60 degrees, then goes supersonic in the low alt dive. . .meanwhile the backseater manages to remain conscious and aware of what's going on. . . they recover low enough that their barometric altimeter reads minus values!

Read the translation before watching.

http://www.airviolence.com/download.php?view.191

AerialTarget
07-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Frightening! Every time I have lost consciousness (never in the air), my response upon awakening has been the same as the pilot's in the film - repeating "yes?" or "what?" for several seconds until I realized what has happened and where I am. I do not think that I could have gotten my bearings back again as quickly as the pilot does in this film.

Ugh! Think what would have happened had he, seeing the ground coming at him, instinctively pulled back on the stick without righting the plane first. You can almost see his thought process as first he awakens to his radar intercept officer's frantic queries, then realizes that he is flying an airplane which is pointed at the ground, and lastly realizes that he is inverted at low altitude.