PDA

View Full Version : A subtle defensive maneuver

Glen44
11-09-2004, 08:02 PM
IMO,this maneuver is useful for those a/c which has comparative firm fuselage , better roll rate ,excellent acceleration especially for FW190 series.With this maneuver, FW190D9 will probably take advantage to P51D.And this can be used to deal with Soviet A/C which has higher energy than Focke Wulf also.Perhaps P40 series will fight against zero easily,meanwhile,P47 may be the bigest "Winner".

In furious air combat,this maneuver will make ur dead six enemy away, buying time for ur buddy to save u as long as u percieve the bandit timely.

But this maneuver has NOT been proved by "actual combat",maybe opponent will find methods to deal with it,and if it doesn't work well in ur online combat,just ignore it.

As we all know,one important discipline of Focke Wulf is high speed and high altitude,however ur enemy usually get even more energy before attacking u......as long as u have at least 3000m altitude,that's ok.

Now ur FW190D9 are at 5000m altitude with 480km/h speed,suddenly u find one pony approaching with 550 km/h or so.The distant is about 600m,he is grinding his teeth.U roll right 45 degree then ur D9 climbing and turning slightly.At the same time with observing him,do HARTMANN ESCAPE(push stick and right rudder with proper force),now D9 begin dive,ur speed is increasing,before reach to 550km/h,u must distinguish whether he follows or not.There is two likelihoods as below:

(1)He is cautious,will NOT follow.U will NOT find him when u observing by looking behind.This means he has done poll up or level turn or high yoyo or sth. else.Then after u reach 550km/h,roll ur D9 begin to level fly ----"RALLY".

(2)He has followed u and u can see him,due to D9's excellent acceleration,he can't get close to u .Then do "SPLIT S",wait...u can do a normal "SPLIT S" which is 2D,and u can also do a "3D SPLIT S",that means at the moment u fly vertically with speed about 650km/h(or bit more),ROLLING UR D9 90 degree(or -90,+135,-135,even 180,etc),then pull up ur D9 in time with max speed 800km/h.P51D will also try to do roll but there is little time left for him ----he must pull up in time.So perhaps u two are advancing to very different bearings with very high speed.The distant is enough,then u do a "HARMMERHEAD",P51D will probablly also do that .In fact,ur and his energy are approximately equal,when u fall down,D9 has many choices .......

If I know the P51D is a AI,I prefer to do a "2D SPLIT S",because AI will try his best to aim at u ,his energy decreases rapidly,after SPLIT S,then begin zooming,when u zoom to 450km/h,u can level fly towards AI----to the original bearing ,after ur speed drops to 330km/h,do a harmmerhead,AI will never escape until u fall down and ruin him.

This is my defensive maneuver,and it works well with AI and my friends,but I am not sure it can deal with the expert ponies when playing online war.

All advice and criticism are welcome.I am III/JG2_Glen.GOOD HUNTING Focke Wulfer! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Glen44
11-09-2004, 08:02 PM
IMO,this maneuver is useful for those a/c which has comparative firm fuselage , better roll rate ,excellent acceleration especially for FW190 series.With this maneuver, FW190D9 will probably take advantage to P51D.And this can be used to deal with Soviet A/C which has higher energy than Focke Wulf also.Perhaps P40 series will fight against zero easily,meanwhile,P47 may be the bigest "Winner".

In furious air combat,this maneuver will make ur dead six enemy away, buying time for ur buddy to save u as long as u percieve the bandit timely.

But this maneuver has NOT been proved by "actual combat",maybe opponent will find methods to deal with it,and if it doesn't work well in ur online combat,just ignore it.

As we all know,one important discipline of Focke Wulf is high speed and high altitude,however ur enemy usually get even more energy before attacking u......as long as u have at least 3000m altitude,that's ok.

Now ur FW190D9 are at 5000m altitude with 480km/h speed,suddenly u find one pony approaching with 550 km/h or so.The distant is about 600m,he is grinding his teeth.U roll right 45 degree then ur D9 climbing and turning slightly.At the same time with observing him,do HARTMANN ESCAPE(push stick and right rudder with proper force),now D9 begin dive,ur speed is increasing,before reach to 550km/h,u must distinguish whether he follows or not.There is two likelihoods as below:

(1)He is cautious,will NOT follow.U will NOT find him when u observing by looking behind.This means he has done poll up or level turn or high yoyo or sth. else.Then after u reach 550km/h,roll ur D9 begin to level fly ----"RALLY".

(2)He has followed u and u can see him,due to D9's excellent acceleration,he can't get close to u .Then do "SPLIT S",wait...u can do a normal "SPLIT S" which is 2D,and u can also do a "3D SPLIT S",that means at the moment u fly vertically with speed about 650km/h(or bit more),ROLLING UR D9 90 degree(or -90,+135,-135,even 180,etc),then pull up ur D9 in time with max speed 800km/h.P51D will also try to do roll but there is little time left for him ----he must pull up in time.So perhaps u two are advancing to very different bearings with very high speed.The distant is enough,then u do a "HARMMERHEAD",P51D will probablly also do that .In fact,ur and his energy are approximately equal,when u fall down,D9 has many choices .......

If I know the P51D is a AI,I prefer to do a "2D SPLIT S",because AI will try his best to aim at u ,his energy decreases rapidly,after SPLIT S,then begin zooming,when u zoom to 450km/h,u can level fly towards AI----to the original bearing ,after ur speed drops to 330km/h,do a harmmerhead,AI will never escape until u fall down and ruin him.

This is my defensive maneuver,and it works well with AI and my friends,but I am not sure it can deal with the expert ponies when playing online war.

All advice and criticism are welcome.I am III/JG2_Glen.GOOD HUNTING Focke Wulfer! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif