PDA

View Full Version : [Keys/Codes] UPLAY and Ubisoft Connect / geforce now compatible ?

TheGGUK
11-22-2020, 01:15 AM
i no longer have acces to a pc anymore as it went pop 6 months ago. so i am using my nvidia shield to acces steam on geforcenow. (Cloud pc)

I want to know if geforce now supports the uplay cdkey version of Anno 2070 that i can buy for about 5. Specifically i can see the game can be bought in steam direct for over 3 times the cost but if i was purchsed from cd keys it uses the uplay activation system. i am unsure if the ubisoft connect that displays in steam would be compatible with the uplay key i would recieve.

Would you be able to tell me if this would be possible ? How does uplay work? Does that extract a key that is used in ubisoft connect ??

I am confused and dont want to waste my money if it isnt going to work.

Appreciate you time and expertise on this.

Many thanks

Andy Herbert

Ubi-Milky
11-22-2020, 02:56 PM
Hello Andy, thanks for posting in the Anno 2070 forums!

The easiest way to not have this issue, would be to check out our link here for a list of approved key sellers from our games and purchase a game key from one of theses sellers - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000023753/Approved-digital-distributors-of-Ubisoft-games)

If the Anno 2070 key is bought from a retailer other than the ones on this list such as a key reseller, they simply wont work in Geforce Now, when Geforce Now asks you to input the key.