PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

CrockfordCK
11-18-2020, 08:40 PM
I'm struggling to build up the will power and the discipline to fully put Ubi behind me. Mostly due to their "train wreck" effect. I just can't look away. And every time I finally start moving forward Ubi just pulls back the next curtain and calls another clown onto the stage.

https://youtu.be/yPf0_FOJZgQ

"Rainbow Six is a tactical shooter, which focuses more on stealth and tactics than on sheer firepower."... ... ...

It was this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/23/Rb6box.jpg/250px-Rb6box.jpg
But now it's this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/9f/1c/ef9f1c82a305aac57d563bdd995a8790.jpg

Someone please help me. I'm open to any suggestions.

El_Cuervacho
11-18-2020, 08:50 PM
@Crock
It's "The Invasion of the Franchise Snatchers"; and I'm affraid folks such as you and me, denouncing these worrying trends on this forum and elsewhere, are and forever will be on the receiving end of this finger:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BountifulFlawlessHarborporpoise-max-1mb.gif

Steven527
11-18-2020, 08:57 PM
Follow Quinn's lead. Booze is the answer. I had to restock my wine fridge

C)- Jaded indifference is the way to go.

https://i.imgur.com/JH03npM.gif

El_Cuervacho
11-18-2020, 08:58 PM
#AAgaming

Hugo-FOU
11-18-2020, 09:17 PM
I'm struggling to build up the will power and the discipline to fully put Ubi behind me. Mostly due to their "train wreck" effect. I just can't look away. And every time I finally start moving forward Ubi just pulls back the next curtain and calls another clown onto the stage.

"Rainbow Six is a tactical shooter, which focuses more on stealth and tactics than on sheer firepower."... ... ...

It was this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/23/Rb6box.jpg/250px-Rb6box.jpg
But now it's this:

WHAT THE ACTUAL F#ÄK?

Who are they making games for?

Feels like their Ďshake upí has not been rigorous enough!

Required reading for Ubisoft devs:

All Tom Clancy books!
(Avoid all second rate comics)

Ubi devs, ask yourself this question....

Would Mr Clancy have included this in any of his books?

If the honest answer is ĎNoí, bin it, no matter how Ďcoolí you think it is!

ArgimonEd
11-18-2020, 09:49 PM
Guys, I think that if we all, supported the studio making Ground branch.
And started chatting with them, we could convince them for a game in the style we want.
Ground branch already feels a lot like older rainbow games.

DJonWick
11-18-2020, 10:26 PM
what is that trailer even advertising?

offtopic though.......

did anyone notice the devs patched in offline play for terrorist hunt which got renamed to elimination, even the match making settings are accessible offline to enable / disable the modes / maps. i reinstalled the game after seeing a thread on reddit where someone mentioned offline play being added and sure enough i pulled my ethernet and i can play TH offline. better late than neve.r

so now we got situations, custom games LAN and offline TH / Hostage / Bomb.

afaik it was never mentioned in patch notes.

shame they couldn't do the same with breakpoint..........just proves online only can be removed in games.

Keltimus
11-18-2020, 10:33 PM
Well that looks like hot garbage

DJonWick
11-18-2020, 10:35 PM
multiplayer is trash in siege, it's all codified, terrorist hunt is where the fun is. simple, no bs.

LimbThief
11-19-2020, 12:08 AM
Anyone remember Rainbow Six Rogue Spear? I remember Rogue Spear... so good.

Anyone remember GRAW 2 16 player online co-op? Doing random challenges and achievements like defend a zone for a real life hour with no ammo resupply?

GRAW 2 and Future Soldier were my faves for sure and I played Wildlands for more than 5,000 hours.

I think the real problem with Breakpoint when you look at it is there really wasnít any focus at all for the team. It seems like they had a meeting, drafted an idea board, and just did a raise of hands amongst the team for the 10 best ideas from the idea board and just forced that into the game. They had there dev team idea board locations and they threw darts at it til they hit something and that was the location. They brought all of that together and just forced it even if it didnít fit.

You never feel like a Special Forces Operator. All of the enemies are faster than you. Do you have any idea what the standards are for being in Special Forces? The levels of training? Less than 1% of Americans join the military. Less than 1% of Soldiers join Special Forces. Ghosts are supposed to be the .01% of the less than 1% of the less than 1% and some how Iím never superior in anyway to any enemy? Outside of standard or sub standard game mechanics obviously.

Not going over drones, cuz we know, but at some point they have to find a way to either make the world feel more alive, like Bolivia or Mexico, or at least make it seem like weíre a member of the Ghosts.

Stop making me dress up like the enemy if the enemy is going to recognize me regardless. Why do enemies spot me in their vehicles? How do they know thatís not one of them driving? Stop making me rescue civilians if they panic or degrade me right after I free them. MAKE SOMETHING MATTER!

If Iím an SF operator, let me dress like one, let me move like one, let me operate like one! The enemy designs and clothing options arenít even that good, so if it doesnít add a stealth element, why would I want to dress like them? Combat shirts and pants were designed to improve the wearers abilities, but combat shirts and pants arenít even in the game outside of one Crye set. Why no combat shirts and pants without built in elbow and knee pads? Why no basic military style shirts and pants? No FROG gear? What are these vests? I just donít get it.

Sorry, but really not sorry for the long post.

red2smok
11-19-2020, 12:56 AM
Greetings
Welcome to the age of fortnite

The dafter it is the more they will play, the more they will pay to play

Smile it’s funny

Different title same complete misconception of genre

ArgimonEd
11-19-2020, 12:58 AM
There isn't a crye set.
THere is a Crye AC pant that is wrongly named G3 and that's it, they made an generic combat shirt based on the Crye AC combat shirt, but that's not a crye shirt.

FCacGRdvWD
11-19-2020, 02:01 AM
If they would lead I wouldn't care all that much but that's just it, they don't, they are just simpleton followers with ZERO innovation in what they do. Unless doing it half assed and using the same tired formula for all of their games can be consider innovation.

And yes people, we all know the kind of potential their games have, all of their game do but NO, the little changes needed to make it into what they once were in not happening, you can kid yourself all you want. And double yes, people are playing this game but so what, the other games they copied from are being played even more so they are always behind and none of their games have no soul, they have no spine, they are a hybrid of nothing and everything.

Up to a certain point I am just here waiting for them to say that they are shutting down the Ghost Recon Franchise, at least, then the suffering of them running a muck with it will stop.

Personally speaking of course, I know there are some people that truly feel this is by far the best Ghost Recon experience they have witnessed.

SaviorBasedGod
11-19-2020, 02:18 AM
I blame the weebs.

Vault_Traveler
11-19-2020, 02:19 AM
I dont mind silly games from hardcore franchises but they should throw us a bone.

I mean the great success of wildlands should be a wake up call for them, that people who like a more realistic serious approach still exist and many were excited for breakpoint because they all thought we get a beefy wildlands 2... all of my friends are pissed.

Yes Wildlands year 1 was rough and yes Breakpoint a year after is now... fun and okish but its still a catastrophic failure.

I cant repeat myself enough Ubisoft wake up dont make one type of game for all your franchise, ok use rainbow six for your silly fortnite, but come on give us one game.

Ice-Quinn
11-19-2020, 02:25 AM
Alcohol is the answer. When they go low, we get high. #BitterB*tch 🍸

https://i.imgur.com/jp0tY1C.mp4

UbiMajic
11-19-2020, 04:11 AM
I think it's important to keep the big picture in mind when considering Ubisoft's corporate strategies.

Triple-A titles cost astronomical amounts of money to produce, and it's vital that Ubisoft ensure that such expensive investments produce favorable returns by drilling down to bedrock, integrating value chains, rightsizing cross-functional teams, leveraging core competencies, insourcing brand integration and optimizing cross-demographic appeal.

Granted, there have been some missteps, but I'm confident that Ubisoft has learned valuable lessons from them, and I'm looking forward with great anticipation to their future plans for the franchise.

https://i.imgur.com/1jPtQcn.jpg

"There are no neighsayers in foxholes." -- 2LT Twilight "Blood and Guts" Sparkle

LimbThief
11-19-2020, 05:53 AM
Ubimajic

A new IP would require such a thing, which is why Fortnite might have done so well, but if there was a Fortnite 2 and it was a DayZ clone, do you think people would embrace it? That answer would be unanimously NO! The reason being is it betrayed the fanbase. Ghost Recon has been successful for years and all they did was betray their fanbase.

If fans of an existing IP are happy with a product, the praise is high and it will draw new consumers, because the product would be viewed favorably. If fans of an existing IP are disappointed, the product will fail, because why would a new consumer invest in a product when the existing fanbase of said product reject it? Short answer: they wonít... and they didnít.

Look at the games that betrayed their fanbase recently and you can see it doesnít lead to success. The Last of Us 2, Marvelís Avengers, Madden 21, WWE 2k20, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, FIFA 21... and so on. All examples of failed products that have companies scrambling to fix them in hopes of bringing back and not losing the core fanbase, because THAT is what keeps franchises going... an established core fanbase and when you lose that you lose the franchise.

Do I want the Ghost Recon franchise to die? No, but if Ubi doesnít learn that the Ghost Recon franchise fanbase is a more serious military sim oriented community and that is also what the people who are drawn to the Ghost Recon franchise are looking for.

Hopefully Ubisoft learned, but Iím not as optimistic as you are and unless you have some evidence to the contrary, Iíve lost faith in Ubisoft to deliver quality products and I know Iím not alone, but Ubisoft did this to themselves.

bigrexxx
11-19-2020, 06:58 AM
You know the series has gone to ****, when even Rainbow Six lLockdown starts looking like a good game, in comparison.

Steven527
11-19-2020, 07:35 AM
I think it's important to keep the big picture in mind when considering Ubisoft's corporate strategies.

Triple-A titles cost astronomical amounts of money to produce, and it's vital that Ubisoft ensure that such expensive investments produce favorable returns by drilling down to bedrock, integrating value chains, rightsizing cross-functional teams, leveraging core competencies, insourcing brand integration and optimizing cross-demographic appeal.

Granted, there have been some missteps, but I'm confident that Ubisoft has learned valuable lessons from them, and I'm looking forward with great anticipation to their future plans for the franchise.

https://i.imgur.com/1jPtQcn.jpg

"There are no neighsayers in foxholes." -- 2LT Twilight "Blood and Guts" Sparkle

I think someone somehow missed the slamdunk sarcasm mixed in with a classic buzzword bingo! Equestria. outstanding!! :D

Ageless93
11-19-2020, 09:59 AM
Ghost Recon: Equestria. Looking forward to it. Colourful world, horses. Even in Afghanistan they had horses, I hear. So yeah! ;)

El_Cuervacho
11-19-2020, 11:50 AM
You know the series has gone to ****, when even Rainbow Six lLockdown starts looking like a good game, in comparison.

"Everyday the future looks a little bit darker. But the past, even the grimy parts of it, well, it just keeps on getting brighter all the time.”
Alan Moore on the current state of Tom Clancy Franchises.(not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=065b2jOLAPc

PS: Lockdown even had Glocks.

Quimera2-98
11-19-2020, 12:27 PM
Ubimajic
Look at the games that betrayed their fanbase recently and you can see it doesnít lead to success. The Last of Us 2, Marvelís Avengers, Madden 21, WWE 2k20, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, FIFA 21... and so on. All examples of failed products that have companies scrambling to fix them in hopes of bringing back and not losing the core fanbase, because THAT is what keeps franchises going... an established core fanbase and when you lose that you lose the franchise.

Hopefully Ubisoft learned, but Iím not as optimistic as you are and unless you have some evidence to the contrary, Iíve lost faith in Ubisoft to deliver quality products and I know Iím not alone, but Ubisoft did this to themselves.

Lmao AC: Valhalla had more purchases than COD: CW, so it is evident the people want more and love it me not because since Origins I just hate the RPG mechanics and I just rent the game by the historical recreations.

By the way, those games you named were failures and other not failures. TLOU2 and MAvengers were failures because or the woke tendencies and bad proxies to promote the game and to insult their player bases, MA was more because they focus so much on the online experience and they tried to add so much micro-transactions as possible (Breakpoint anyone?) The rest of the examples had very good sales and still skyrocketing on top sales, so bad example there, buddy. I would had added thereto Battlefield V.

Quimera2-98
11-19-2020, 12:45 PM

It was this:
But now it's this:

Men how many people gonna keep crying about the games that I am sure they don't own or won't purchase?? Ubisoft is conscient over the player base and stuff that the community there love, they are aware of the meme of Our Lord and Savior Tachanka, let the R6S community enjoy their game, literally, the damn trailer and comment-reactions are highly positives, R6S have amazing gameplay and very innovative mechanics for an FPS competitive, I don't own the game because I don't like the PVP, but let them enjoy and play goddamint, just because a hardcore player like you they add new stuff outside military scope doesn't mean is bad, keep playing indies and simulators like ARMA if you enjoy those, let them be.

vahndaar
11-19-2020, 03:34 PM
I think the problem with game development these days, particularly for the AAA's is that they're filled with very young talent who don't really understand the history or evolution of games or gameplay and because of that generational shift the studios have lost direction or a sense of what is actually possible with gameplay.

It could be a maturity thing as well, an appreciation that gamers now cover the spectrum of life from 5 years old to 80 years old and that's a very broad palate of tastes. It's not just Fortnite kiddies playing games although there is a worrying trend towards shorter attention spans and candy reward mechanics and away from the more refined palates of those who have lived long enough to experience games and their evolution from the 80s right up to present day.

Consultative engagement with communities and fanbases could help alleviate that by helping the studio talent - which has perhaps rotated it's headcount a few times - understand the legacy and nature of the games they are developing. Studios need to respect and understand the games they make. I do wonder if they actually actively play the games they're working on or whether it's just a gig.

If I were designing a sequel I would have consultants from the community invited to initial design and scoping sessions to help with the strategic vision and direction and make sure it was on point and aligned to community - and customer - expectations.

Steven527
11-19-2020, 07:23 PM
if you enjoy those, let them be.

I don't see how crock posting this had any impact whatsoever on those players, but hey keep harping the line of all is well as Ubi continues to bastrdize the IP.

CrockfordCK
11-19-2020, 08:12 PM
Men how many people gonna keep crying about the games that I am sure they don't own or won't purchase?? Ubisoft is conscient over the player base and stuff that the community there love, they are aware of the meme of Our Lord and Savior Tachanka, let the R6S community enjoy their game, literally, the damn trailer and comment-reactions are highly positives, R6S have amazing gameplay and very innovative mechanics for an FPS competitive, I don't own the game because I don't like the PVP, but let them enjoy and play goddamint, just because a hardcore player like you they add new stuff outside military scope doesn't mean is bad, keep playing indies and simulators like ARMA if you enjoy those, let them be.

This is exactly what we've been saying ... People love these games, obviously. So LEAVE TOM CLANCY BE and create a new IP instead of mutating and bastardizing existing franchises. So the people that want to play Ghost Recon, and Rainbow 6 games, can play those games still. And the people that want to play ClownterStrike 5000 can play their own game.

But it's obvious that you and Ubi don't understand the simplicity of that.

vahndaar
11-19-2020, 08:13 PM
Sales do not equal a good game unfortunately and that's partly the problem. EA Sports games like FIFA are still top bestsellers despite collectively having the lowest ever metacritic user scores of around 0.2.

The demand is there and many will part with cash based on overblown promises and marketing, get the day 1 disappointment and then stick with it in the hope it improves. Heck there are better free to play games getting rolled out than half the dreck that comes from the AAAs these days. All form and no substance. It's popcorn. And not even good popcorn at that. Marvel Avengers sold because it's Marvel Avengers and there's no alternative. It's the only dog in the race if you like the brand. The fact that it's a steaming pile of mince doesn't factor into value decisions if you want to play an Avengers game. I mean, I've seen more gameplay in a screensaver.

The real picture isn't day 1 players or sales it's the sharply dwindling player bases post launch. All you need to do is check achievements lists where hardly any players have unlocked or completed much of the content.

As long as folks are willing to pay for lacklustre products there is no incentive for AAA developers to put in any effort or innovate in any meaningful way. The innovation is coming from the Indies who are passionate and growing. Heck even FIFA has started categorically saying that there are NO technical improvements in their annual incarnations and yet folks still buy it. They're buying the exact same game that's been rolled out year on year at full price.

Eventually the AAAs will collapse in on themselves as they can't sustain their own weight and size. They're just money machines that need fed or shareholders will desert them in droves. Microsoft of all companies is actually being very shrewd in this regard and they're seeing this as an opportunity which their recent manoeuvring and player positive approach. The tide is gradually turning. EA will get litigated into oblivion over its antics and whatever talent they had left will move on. I mean what developer worth their salt would want to work on this stuff long term. Get in, learn the ropes, get out is what will be happening.

FCacGRdvWD
11-20-2020, 02:31 AM
Bring back Ubisoft the Gaming Studio & Company or just subcontract people that know what they are doing when it comes to shooters so they can make you a quality shooter instead of paying 1000 people to make you a mythical double crap cappuccino.

But I could be wrong.

FCacGRdvWD
11-20-2020, 02:51 AM
Stop making me dress up like the enemy if the enemy is going to recognize me regardless. Why do enemies spot me in their vehicles? How do they know thatís not one of them driving? Stop making me rescue civilians if they panic or degrade me right after I free them. MAKE SOMETHING MATTER!

Ha!

Even Far Cry 3 had that illusion and made you feel immersed in the game by making the player change into one of the enemy uniform and it was a first person so nobody saw the actual transformation but as long as you wouldn't raise suspicion the enemy thought you were one of them as it should be. Not here though, here they give you all the clothing you want looking like a clown or something out of a Sci-Fi movie but yet, going naked could accomplish the same result.