PDA

View Full Version : Learn a few things about the sound the dead make.

FCacGRdvWD
11-16-2020, 05:17 PM
So my internet was down since Friday so I decided to go back and play Rainbow Six Vegas (the first NON-R6 game) and it took only a few minutes for an annoyance to kick in, you kit an enemy and he would take a few seconds to die while going ouuuuu, ahhhhh, ohhhhhh, ahhhaaahhhhhhhhh.

And then there's the always welcome rambling bits about... "are these the bastards who shot Marcelo", "They killed him?, ***** owed me money".:Now, these ramblings I do like :o

El_Cuervacho
11-16-2020, 06:00 PM
I'm glad you mention it 'cause I just came in contact with some footage from AC:Valhalla that could pass as pre-Alpha footage for the uninitiated, however for those with eyes to see and ears to hear, goes a long way towards illustrating the deafening void of the beyond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd-w1XbBLuo&t=736s

I worry for you Ubisoft, I really do.

PS: For those of us who have played Dark Souls, there's a few Tarantinean "homages" (rip offs) present in this boss fight.

MikeWeeks
11-17-2020, 02:36 AM
Good Lord!! I couldn't get past the 5 minute mark!!

What does AC stand for again ???

Ageless93
11-17-2020, 12:40 PM
What does AC stand for again ???

Assassin's Creed. Gotta wonder what Valhalla has to do with that though.
Are all these games speaking books?

Stomp0nMybaIls
11-18-2020, 08:54 AM
I'm glad you mention it 'cause I just came in contact with some footage from AC:Valhalla that could pass as pre-Alpha footage for the uninitiated, however for those with eyes to see and ears to hear, goes a long way towards illustrating the deafening void of the beyond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd-w1XbBLuo&t=736s

I worry for you Ubisoft, I really do.

PS: For those of us who have played Dark Souls, there's a few Tarantinean "homages" (rip offs) present in this boss fight.

I've been watching AC Valhalla, and funny enough I've seen a few things they've "borrowed" from Sekiro,

- The red ruinic symbol for an unparrible attack (like the red kanji symbol for sweeps/mikiri counters)

- The whole posture bar/deathblow system.

- story beat of the main character accending to the divine realm.

- Some of the bosses seem extremely similar, the witches seem really close to the Shichimen Warriors, and the Bear of the Blue Waters in particular is almost a 1 for 1 of the Guardian Ape (Extremely large alpha predator with white fur, that has a sword lodged into its neck, and they even use the same exact deathblow with using the sword in its neck to cut its head off).

Not necessarily a bad thing to me since Sekiro is like one of my favorite games of all time, but interesting to say the least.