PDA

View Full Version : What genres of music do you want a majority of in the next Driver game?

Driverman2006
02-13-2008, 12:51 PM
There are many genres of good music in the world. My question is, what majority of music do you want in the next Driver game's soundtrack? I even put examples of artists who play(ed) those kinds of tunes. You can even choose to have all genres (if you want). And if you pick "Other" please say what it is that I don't have on the poll that you also want. Don't let the examples turn you off, they're just there to give you some examples of artists in case if you never heard of that genre.

Remember, play by the rules (my rules and the forums rules). Have fun!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I would pick all of the listed genres here. I would like a diverse mix of licensed music in the next Driver game, even if there are a few songs that I don't like from one of those genres. If worse comes to worse, I could just play the songs from my XBOX 360 hard drive in the game. But I still don't encourage Ubisoft-Reflections to f**k the default soundtrack up.

Driverman2006
02-13-2008, 12:51 PM
There are many genres of good music in the world. My question is, what majority of music do you want in the next Driver game's soundtrack? I even put examples of artists who play(ed) those kinds of tunes. You can even choose to have all genres (if you want). And if you pick "Other" please say what it is that I don't have on the poll that you also want. Don't let the examples turn you off, they're just there to give you some examples of artists in case if you never heard of that genre.

Remember, play by the rules (my rules and the forums rules). Have fun!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I would pick all of the listed genres here. I would like a diverse mix of licensed music in the next Driver game, even if there are a few songs that I don't like from one of those genres. If worse comes to worse, I could just play the songs from my XBOX 360 hard drive in the game. But I still don't encourage Ubisoft-Reflections to f**k the default soundtrack up.

InsaneDriver06
02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Nice list Driverman2006. I think whatever music fits the tone and mood of each mission will be worth listening to, though honestly, I shut all music off during most games I play... Want to hear the sounds more than anything else, less distracting than music.

Driverman2006
02-14-2008, 12:34 PM
But what genre(s) would you like the most?

Oh, I made a spelling error in the poll. It's really Duke Ellington not "Ellingtion" in the Jazz section. Please forgive me on that one.

InsaneDriver06
02-14-2008, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Driverman2006:
But what genre(s) would you like the most?

Oh, I made a spelling error in the poll. It's really Duke Ellington not "Ellingtion" in the Jazz section. Please forgive me on that one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duke Ellington was an answer on the family feud just an hour ago, flipping through channels. It was "Name a famous Duke". Strange coincidence. Dukes of Hazzard was number one answer. Duke of York, Duke of Earl, etc. What is a Duke?

As far as your question, I think some jazzed up rock, exactly like the opening menu of Driver 1 would fit perfectly. But on your list, I'd pick classic rock if I had to.

Driverman2006
02-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I think they should get a former Beatle member to be in the voice cast of the next Driver game (even if he's the only "Famous" voice actor). I'd like to have either Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr do voices in the next Driver game (Paul and Ringo are the only Beatles who are still alive). If they do, then they'd probably let Ubisoft-Reflections license their music. Many people in past Driver wishlists have wanted Beatles music (as well as music from the Beatles [John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr] when they went their own ways after the Beatle days). I think it could work. I mean, Iggy Pop did voices in Driv3r and his music was licensed after that in the rest of the Driver games. So they should have many famous singers do voices in the next Driver game so that their music will be easy to license and incorparate into the game.

FutureVenturer2
07-20-2008, 08:45 PM
It's about time that we decided to revive this topic from the dead, since the soundtrack is a pretty important element of a video game, and of sound.

There have been many great Jazz songs used for movies dealing with gangsters and detectives (i.e. Bullitt, Dirty Harry, The French Connection, etc.), so I do think that this is the best music genre for the next Driver game. It might even make such a good example out of this next game that any other genre would not be needed, for with customizable soundtracks, people can listen to any other songs/genres that they wish. Too much variety can ruin the experience of a game's soundtrack. For instance, I can definitely say that Driver: You Are The Wheelman's, The Getaway's, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City's soundtracks are perhaps the greatest ones ever to appear in the crime setting of an action-adventure game. GTA:SA and the True Crime games had too much variety in their music genres, which caused them to end up being not as impressive in the end.

DriverKid
07-22-2008, 04:48 AM
I said all of the above!

smiler_16
07-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I like different tunes for different moods/situations

1 of my favorite tunes in D:PL i'm not too sure of its name but its in the cutscene at the beggining of the 70s where ray says hes just fixed you up with a shot at the big time

and the intro song for 2006 when its introducing you to NY in 2006

But I would like the option to play my personal music from my Hard Drive, for PCs and Consoles,

So that way if we didn't like the soundtrack then we could listen to our own music - I understand that on the PC you can just listen to the media player, but for the console fans I hope that they will develop this feature (I remember when I was a console fan, it was quite dissapointing to have to listen to some games rubbish soundtracks)