PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Harbour Traffic for NYGM and Grey Wolves?

Kaleun1961
04-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I've noticed that there is barely any friendly harbour traffic with the NYGM mod. My home port of Wilhelmshaven is looking fairly deserted. Does anybody know if there is an add-on which will populate friendly ports with traffic?

I am also currently in the process of downloading the huge Grey Wolves mod. Does Grey Wolves have heavy harbour traffic? I know that in previous mods, heavy harbour traffic could slow down older systems. That's not really an issue for me as my system is powerful enough to handle it.

Kaleun1961
04-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I've noticed that there is barely any friendly harbour traffic with the NYGM mod. My home port of Wilhelmshaven is looking fairly deserted. Does anybody know if there is an add-on which will populate friendly ports with traffic?

I am also currently in the process of downloading the huge Grey Wolves mod. Does Grey Wolves have heavy harbour traffic? I know that in previous mods, heavy harbour traffic could slow down older systems. That's not really an issue for me as my system is powerful enough to handle it.

Rudeltaktik1963
04-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Yes - GW has loads of traffic in Wilhelmshaven, more than I used to see with RuB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kaleun1961
04-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Great, thanks for the info. I've just finished downloading GW from the European server; the American link was invalid.

lthunter
04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
yes there is plently of traffic in all ports; even in the ports east of Africa in the Atlantic you can find a cruiser, some destroyers, merchants, and losts of costal vessles

one thing though; when approaching highly populated ports i.e. Gibraltar, Scapa Flow, the frame rate drops down significantly and i have a high end computer

HW3
04-11-2006, 09:42 PM
The frame rate drop is due to the use of Tankeriv's 256MB seafloor mod. The 2 tga's responsable are sand02 and stone01. They are 4096x4096 in size. You can resize them to 1024x1024 and your frame rate should improve when near land.

Rudeltaktik1963
04-12-2006, 03:06 AM
HW3 thanks, but can you tell me how to resize these files?

I'm bit of duffer when it comes to that sort of thing - I can turn the pc on and even loads games and mods (if prompted) but tinkering with actual files is a bit out of my league http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

much appreciated!