PDA

View Full Version : New Voice Buddy Update patch now available from E-Dimensional.

jamesdietz
03-07-2005, 10:25 AM
But let me add they have a complicated way to download it involving various codes & serial numbers so be prepared to spend a few minutes as I did. Regarding what it does - it seems to providea bigger choice og games menu, but personally I can't see it has improved FB/PF game play on my computer.I still have problems with some of the commands not appearing & others that work in the wrong way(i.e."flaps up" in Hellcat results in "wings folding" not a good thing immediately after a carrier take off! Or loud cannonfire activates the off switch in TrackIR3..also not a good thing inthe heat of combat.I'd be interested in other's experiences & if they have solutions ( I haven't tried custom hot-key settings yet..)

jamesdietz
03-07-2005, 10:25 AM
But let me add they have a complicated way to download it involving various codes & serial numbers so be prepared to spend a few minutes as I did. Regarding what it does - it seems to providea bigger choice og games menu, but personally I can't see it has improved FB/PF game play on my computer.I still have problems with some of the commands not appearing & others that work in the wrong way(i.e."flaps up" in Hellcat results in "wings folding" not a good thing immediately after a carrier take off! Or loud cannonfire activates the off switch in TrackIR3..also not a good thing inthe heat of combat.I'd be interested in other's experiences & if they have solutions ( I haven't tried custom hot-key settings yet..)

Mad_Hatter009
03-07-2005, 01:01 PM
I like to play full real/offline and I only use my VB to communicate with wingmen and the tower. The codes, I thought, weren't terribly difficult to get through and I've had hardly any problems once I took the time to train the recognition software to my voice. But maybe I'm just lucky. I suggest going throught the training program again or using the command log to check and see what commands actually activate which actions. Goo luck. ~S~

Mad_Hatter009
03-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Err...Good luck.

Yeah, that's better.

Saunders1953
03-07-2005, 03:44 PM
James, I haven't had any trouble with it except of my own making. I dld'd someone else's commands setup, and added my own commands and modifications to his. I have all the comms, flight and engine controls and even the basic views--back left through back right, up and down (until my Track IR gets here next week http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)--mapped out.

At first, none of the comms worked(!) and some others didn't either. When I went back into the VAC builder I found two things wrong. First, the dld'd version didn't have "TAB" included as a command for the comms, so the "author" must have left that key command for himself to activate by hand, maybe for better immersion? So I opened the profile folder in wordpad and added the correct command line to all the comms commands. It was a lot easier than going through all of the 100+ comms in the VAC builder one at a time.

The other problem was that I had messed up some of my own key commands--forgetting to add Command 2 to one like "crtl Z", and instead clicking on "crtl" for Command 1 of Rudder Trim Left and then clicking on "Z" without first adding a "Command 2" for it, so I ended up with the command being just "Z".

However, I haven't had any voice-related problems whatsoever with it. I took the time to go through almost the entire voice recognition training repetoire(sp?) with the MS trainer, which must have helped alot. I got some funny interpretations of the activation phrases when I spoke them though. The VAC builder didn't recognize "aileron" for example. But I just said the phrase, it showed me its interpretation, then I changed the spelling and tested the phrase. Even though it thought I was saying "their on trimmed left" I typed in "Aileron Trim Left" it all worked out.

Oh, and in the very beginning of setting the VAC up, after a long, frustrating in-game session of trying to get the thing to work at al, accompanied by increasingly louder yelling, swearing, and calling for the Wrath of Khan to plague Shift_E, Oleg, UBI Soft, Microsoft and anyone else I could think of for generations to come, I found out one more VERY important thing---make sure your microphone is turned on!

A big and heartfelt THANKS to Shift_E (hope Khan is off your trail http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) for this really fantastic feature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

jamesdietz
03-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I apparently have serious problems some of my own making so perhaps you can help.I have customized my conteol settings in the gamesometimes different hotkeys for different planes over the years I have played this game- do you suggest I go back to default settings & then go thru every plane /mission/campaign "control" setting ,do them all the same & then try to customize VB to match? Ok assuming the I can take the time to do this ...how to I edit VB? The tutorial or the little pamphlet that came with it is sadly lacking in a detailed how to set hotkeys to match commands( I can see that tab matches activate orders - the same as my control setting - so how come this doesn't work??)In fact it discourages you from fooling with this function!
Finally perhaps you can tell me something else: After the involved download of the new patch ,I have to visual indication that I have gotten it.All I have is the VB2.0 icon I've always had...no 2.05 indicator ..is this right?
Hopefully someone out there can let me know...its frustrating right now!

Saunders1953
03-08-2005, 10:41 AM
OOOOOPs. James, I had a very off day yesterday, my father (at Kwajalein and Saipan) was at the VA Hospital and received bad news, so I guess I was not paying too close attention when I was reading these boards. I saw Voice Buddy and thought VAC (Shift_E's Voice Activated Commands freeware). Sorry, my answer was for the VAC. I almost bought VB, but some on these forums were saying they had trouble with it, so I tried out the VAC and it does work great. Really sorry for the mix-up, I know how frustrating it can be when a utility with a lot of promise thoroughly messes up. I hope someone can help you out with it.

For what little it may be worth, with VAC I didn't have to go back into the game to reset my customized keys to the default ones. (Although I did have to bind some keys to certain functions that I never had used before.) I just had to make sure that when I mapped the VAC keys that they were the same ones I had them set to in the game controls. Hopefully, that is the same in VB.

If you're interested, check out the VAC--lots of help from Shift_E on his forum too.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res19wz2/VAC/index.htm http://mysite.verizon.net/res19wz2/VAC/index.htm

You may end up putting VB on EBay. Best of luck, m8.