PDA

View Full Version : [Keys/Codes] Anno 2070 Key Already in Use

AtreidesKnight
11-05-2020, 12:56 AM
I opened a support ticket about this already, but there has been no activity on that case so I am coming to the forums for help.

I purchased Anno 2070 when I built my old desktop ages ago. I recently built a new PC and am trying to run the game on it. However, when prompted to activate the key, I am told that the key is already in use by another user. My Ubisoft account has not changed--I am the user who activated the key and I am on the same account. I can see the game on the Ubisoft Connect app, but not on the website.

What can be done to remedy this issue? It's unacceptable that I'm unable to access something that I've already paid for.

Ubi-TheBerry
11-14-2020, 10:47 PM
I opened a support ticket about this already, but there has been no activity on that case so I am coming to the forums for help.

I purchased Anno 2070 when I built my old desktop ages ago. I recently built a new PC and am trying to run the game on it. However, when prompted to activate the key, I am told that the key is already in use by another user. My Ubisoft account has not changed--I am the user who activated the key and I am on the same account. I can see the game on the Ubisoft Connect app, but not on the website.

What can be done to remedy this issue? It's unacceptable that I'm unable to access something that I've already paid for.

Hello there AtreidesKnight,

Welcome to the Forums, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Please be aware our direct Support Channel are experiencing higher than normal contacts at the moment, so their is a delay in a response.

However to try and resolve this, please give the below steps a try;

Please, navigate to the Ubisoft Game Launcher cache folder, by default located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache

Open the cache folder and move the "ownership" folder to a safe location.

Once you have backed up that folder, delete the "cache" folder.

After deleting the cache folder, please verify the game files within Steam:

- Open Steam
- Right-click the affected game in your Steam library and select Properties from the drop-down
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button
- Steam will verify the game's files. This process may take several minutes
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit

If an issue is found, you will be given the option to Repair, click Repair. After repairing the issue, please verify the game again until no issues are found.

When this has been completed, try launching the game again.

Let us know how you get on, thank you

STARKILLER527
01-08-2021, 11:13 PM
it didn't work someone else on my computer is using my key

JustWhiskeyMan
01-10-2021, 08:00 PM
Could you please take us through step by step as I found the instructions very confusing. Why do you suggest going to Steam when the game is on Ubisoft Connect? Sorry if I'm being dumb, I'm just so confused.

Ubi-TheBerry
01-18-2021, 05:38 PM
Hey guys!

STARKILLER527, I've responded to your query on your other thread.

For the rest of you still having issues - if you are unable to activate the game via Ubisoft Connect, it is also possible that the game was activated on a previous account when you played originally, meaning the key cannot be used again.

For us to be able to assist with this please contact us directly via our Support Site (https://ubi.li/AHIgv) or you can also reach us on Facebook (https://ubi.li/zAHHx) and Twitter (https://ubi.li/eG4wY)

Thank you!