PDA

View Full Version : First war patrol, question:

chris455
03-29-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm in a Type II and my fuel situation is becoming critical. Went to my assigned area, did my patrol, sunk a small freighter. Have two torps left.

Question: Will I get docked renown or penalized for returning to port with eels?

I don't see that I have much choice, if I don't return now with my fuel situation I'll be calling for roadside assistance...................

chris455
03-29-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm in a Type II and my fuel situation is becoming critical. Went to my assigned area, did my patrol, sunk a small freighter. Have two torps left.

Question: Will I get docked renown or penalized for returning to port with eels?

I don't see that I have much choice, if I don't return now with my fuel situation I'll be calling for roadside assistance...................

Cheapshot
03-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Nope.

In my experience, you can even avoid your assigned grid and not get penalized for it. You may not recieve the renown bonuses, but you will not lose anything.

Bulwark_
03-29-2005, 11:51 AM
No penalty for returning with eels. Technically you should spend less time alongside replenishing them!

Edit: Ah, too slow! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheapshot
03-29-2005, 11:56 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Mongoose6T7
03-29-2005, 12:39 PM
If you want to continue along the TypeII path, I recommend you spend a measly 500 reknown on a TypeIId. It has far better range, slightly better speed, and it dives in only 25 seconds...one of the fastest divers.

Add a flack zwilling to the deck when it becomes available and you can even hold off a fighter-bomber or two.

I only chose the typeII as I thought it would be a good starter, with its small crew to manage and short patrols with only five torps. I didn't expect it to become one of my favourite subs in the game but it certainly is.

Have fun.

scootertgm
03-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Since the game doesn't model at sea re-fueling, it allows you to simply end patrol at sea and you get full credit. this "Simulates" getting refueled at sea and returning home, so you can simply exaust your fuel at sea the hit escape.

chris455
03-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys!

Il2pongo
03-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Traverse at 1/3 speed an you will have tones of fuel for any north sea patrol. Then ruturn when your out of torps.