PDA

View Full Version : AC2 VS ACB STORY (Spoilers)

Assassin8me
02-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Hey guys, played both games, loved em, but cant help but ask... which game do you think has the better story?

Ultimate_Night
02-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Assassin's Creed II. Brotherhood was just a quick cash-in on Ezio's success.

dchil279
02-13-2011, 01:07 PM
present-day story wise i think they're about tied, but ACBs Ezio story left much to be desired. not very polished

iN3krO
02-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
present-day story wise i think they're about tied, but ACBs Ezio story left much to be desired. not very polished

Altair is more assassin than Ezio, cuz Altair do it for a good reason, Ezio just do it for revenge (AC1 is better than 2 and B)

Assassin_Mitch
02-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I would say AC2 had the better story inside the Animus, but ACB was better outside of the Animus and overal gameplay

beatledude210
02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:

Altair is more assassin than Ezio, cuz Altair do it for a good reason, Ezio just do it for revenge (AC1 is better than 2 and B) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Well Ezio starts out in the thirst for revenge, but then realizes that he has to forget about that and stop the Templar's. So Ezio does it for a good reason too, it just takes him awhile to choose to do so.

Ass4ssin8me
02-13-2011, 11:54 PM
AC2 for sure. Real-world story was better in ACB, but in the Animus ( which is obvoiusly a majority of the game ) ACB just felt like a, cash grab. I would be extremely disapointed, if it wasn't for Desmonds parts.

I did, love the way they delved deeper into the teams personality.

Noble6
02-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Its funny how these games make people think that there are good reasons to assasinate other people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif.

I would say AC2 had better story.

eagleforlife1
02-14-2011, 12:38 AM
AC2 was better by a country mile.

Ru1986
02-14-2011, 04:02 AM
I think seeing as they are all part of the same story they are tied.

ArtisticSecret
02-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:

Altair is more assassin than Ezio, cuz Altair do it for a good reason, Ezio just do it for revenge (AC1 is better than 2 and B) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair, Different Century, Different Assassin, Different Motive. You shouldn't really be saying who is 'More Assassin' because the lifestyle of the Assassins order weren't the same.

woowu
02-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ArtisticSecret:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Altair is more assassin than Ezio, cuz Altair do it for a good reason, Ezio just do it for revenge (AC1 is better than 2 and B) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair, Different Century, Different Assassin, Different Motive. You shouldn't really be saying who is 'More Assassin' because the lifestyle of the Assassins order weren't the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, if you think about it, he is right. Ezio is living in an evolved time period which grants access to more advanced weapons and "gadgets" which Altair didn't have. He only relied on basics and himself (mostly) while Ezio on the other hand has courtesans, thiefs, mercs, assassins. Altair had the citizens which he helped and the order in Masyaf...

almostmorning
04-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Story: AC2 (Played the story part at least 3 times, doing my 4th round at the moment)
Soundtrack: AC2 (more harmonic)
Fighting: ACB ('cause counter attacks suck)
Weapons: ACB (faster aiming, more diversity)
Best achievable Armor: Altairs Armor AC2 (seriously, romulus' armor just looks ridiculous)
Coolest (but useless) armor: Drachen armor
Places: AC2 (more totally different places, Romes' size can't come up to that diversity)
Free running: AC2 (a lot easier to get from A to B by roof-running because rooftops were all about the same level, had the feeling to move about a lot faster)
Memorable Features: AC2 short movies of the main victims (really missed those in ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) best feature in acb were the pulleys (speedy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )
Controls (PC): AC2 (they totally messed up the menu navigation in ACB)

All in all I prefer AC2, ACB was a nice extension

itsamea-mario
04-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Storywise out of the two, AC2.
But i preferred the modern day parts in ACB.

almostmorning
04-07-2011, 08:03 AM
But i preferred the modern day parts in ACB.

totally agree there, in ACB you finally had the feeling that what you're doing in the animus isn't for fun, but aims to a greater goal... looking forward to ac3. i am quite curious what's going to happen to desmond now...

Geinref
04-07-2011, 08:07 AM
I thought both AC2 and Brotherhood are tied as well. AC2 you see ezio slowly become an assassin and finally understand that revenge isnt going to make the pain go away. Then in brotherhood he's already past the whole revenge thing and understands that hes an assassin and needs to get rid of the templars. Also he knows his role in helping Desmond out.

Brotherhood to me didnt feel like in cash in since i found the side missions, dungeons, present time and other extra goodies to b more in depth and fun. AC2 had some of these side missions but felt like they were just thrown in. (example, go beat up my cheating husband, and deliever this letter to my two girls).

Story wise AC2 was long but thats understandable cause we have to know about ezio and his motives. In brotherhood, he just puts everything he learned into good use and is the last chapter for the borgias pretty much.

Razrback16
04-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Assassin8me:
Hey guys, played both games, loved em, but cant help but ask... which game do you think has the better story?

AC2, but just by a very slight bit. ACB was great, especially with the DaVinci Disappearance added in. That added a very nice sequence IMO.

ThaWhistle
04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
as barebones and simple as the original was, I still think it was the best of this series so far.

when it comes to AC2 and ACB, my vote is for AC2. I thought ACB was good, but it was kind of short, and the ending just sort of happened, it didn't feel like it had the same smoothness to the progression as AC2 did.

Ureh
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
AC2 story developement was better. But everything about it was pretty straight forward and predictable. Only the ending left us wondering and not in the good way. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But I like AC1 story the best. A lot of the characters spoke in a way that I'm not used to and actually made me try to understand what they were saying (ex: Altair and Al Mualim debating about freedom, illusion, and the Creed). There was a lot of mystery and a few surprises (Ah! Maria?!). Too bad all the investigations were exactly the same. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

phil.llllll
04-07-2011, 06:08 PM
In terms of story AC1 >>> AC2 > ACB.

I liked ACB it's just nothing really happened. The Desmond bits were the most interesting and while I did like the ending, I didn't like how (again) they left us hanging on the edge. It just sort of felt like... "well that's it"? Where as the other ones left us hanging this barely even felt like it started when it ended.

Ureh
04-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Character developement was pretty good in AC1 and 2. Especially for Altair and Ezio.

But ACB, on the other hand, was just ok. I was sorta scratching my head when they suddenly decided to make Claudia into a really skilled assassin. I felt there wasn't a proper build-up to it. And the PoE sequences felt like nothing was happening. But there were plenty of decent stuff too.

crash3
04-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
Character developement was pretty good in AC1 and 2. Especially for Altair and Ezio.

But ACB, on the other hand, was just ok. I was sorta scratching my head when they suddenly decided to make Claudia into a really skilled assassin. I felt there wasn't a proper build-up to it. And the PoE sequences felt like nothing was happening. But there were plenty of decent stuff too.

there didnt seem to be any significance in claudia becoming an assassin at all-as with the brotherood in general i mean we didnt even use them in the final climatic showdown between ezio and cesare

i hope theres another dlc showing how the brotherhood is maintained and establishes itself more around different european countries-itll therefore link ACB to AC3 so we understand why there is a brotherhood in say France

M5fifty
04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
first two were the best interms of an independent story- but acb's main purpose is to open up many windows for the next game