PDA

View Full Version : [Performance] FPS drops on Google Stadia

SyFi_
10-29-2020, 10:11 PM
Hello,

It seems that there is some Framerate drops at some moment of the game in Google Stadia (eg. While driving, or maybe when the game is more demanding. )

Is it a known issue ?

UbiDork
10-29-2020, 11:58 PM
SyFi_: Hi there! Thanks for coming to the forums about this! Yes, this is a known issue (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2284835-Watch-Dogs-Legion-Launch-Known-Issues) and we are working to resolve this as soon as possible!

markelzor
11-01-2020, 05:05 PM
I would just want to add that in addition to sporadic FPS drops mentioned above after a couple of hours of continuous gameplay at 4K resolution FPS drops to some unplayable values and only restarting the game would resolve this issue.

https://youtu.be/fEuxayt4R1w

Ubi-Baron
11-02-2020, 09:22 AM
Thank you for the report, markelzor

We'll pass that on to the team.

dp21g
11-12-2020, 07:30 PM
Hi,

I just paid for it on Stadia and was hoping for a min 60fps experience but its getting unplayable when driving and panning! The latest patch didn't seem to address this, do you have this planned for next patch and if so when? resisting the urge to request refund as it seems a nice game!

UbiDork
11-14-2020, 02:58 AM
dp21g: Hey there, dp21g! I'm sorry to hear you've run into that issue! Can you please tell me if you have tried any troubleshooting steps for your connection (https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9607891)?

J-Rex96
11-15-2020, 10:16 AM
This issue has been adressed 2 weeks ago... it isn't on the known issue list....
Is there any information when this issue will be resolved?

Ubi-Keo
11-16-2020, 02:46 PM
This issue has been adressed 2 weeks ago... it isn't on the known issue list....
Is there any information when this issue will be resolved?

I can confirm that this issue is still being investigated.

In the meantime please go through the troubleshooting steps in the link above to see if that helps.

champi123123
11-29-2020, 10:24 AM
After 30/60 minutes of the game it drop the performance to unplayable terms....
I followed the connection troobleshot and still having problems....
Poor optimized game....

https://stadia.google.com/capture/910d184f-8c2f-4267-969b-d9fb0b019d76

swartb
11-30-2020, 02:53 PM
Extactly the same problem here! I checked al my router settings. I have a gigabit internet connection and the chromecast ultra is directly connected to the router. After a while the framerate becomes as in your capture.

When i play on my macbook (connected through wifi-6) I have exactly the same problem.

Ubisoft fixed this or at least work together with Google to resolve this issue!

ToyBrainS
12-15-2020, 02:05 AM
It looks like the Ubisoft Connect functionality built into the game (and all Ubisoft games on Stadia) might be causing the issue.

Try this next time you get frame-rate drops.

Pause the game, and go into the Ubisoft Connect menu. Let it load (it can take a few seconds), then back out again.
Return to the game and performance should be back to normal(ish) for another hour or so.

Is anyone at Ubisoft able to investigate things from the Ubisoft Connect end? Its not just WDL this happens on. Immortals Fenyx Rising is also affected (most obvious when using the Performance GFX setting), as is WD1, and Far Cry 5 / New Dawn, though to a lesser extent.
The fix is the same every time. Go into the Ubisoft Connect menu then back out again, and the FPS will be back to normal for a while.

yuuchuu
12-28-2020, 02:14 PM
Having the same issue. Huge frame rate drops to unplayable levels.

I have went through the Stadia troubleshooting and can guarantee that the issue is with the game and not m connection to Stadia. I have never experienced this type of problem with any other game on Stadia.

recurveboy
01-09-2021, 12:05 PM
I'm having the same issue with WDL it's unplayable going down to FPS that makes the game look like a slide show. I did try the workaround suggested above but that didn't really fix the issue for me. Other games work great on Stadia. I did see this issue with FC5 after 3 hrs of play and restarted the game, but with WDL it can happen pretty quickly within an hour of play. Restarting fixes again for some time but will occur again.

doublemp
01-10-2021, 03:38 PM
I just want to say I'm experiencing the same issue.
I posted videos in another thread (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2303751-Ubisoft-Connect-causing-performance-degradation-on-all-Stadia-Ubisoft-games) (videos captures server-side and not affected by streaming).

The workaround Opening and closing Ubisoft Connect works it for me, until it inevitably happens again soon, so it's not a real fix - it's annoying having to do so all the time.

It would be nice to have this problem acknowledged on the official "known issues" page.

yuuchuu
01-12-2021, 05:59 AM
It seems the Ubisoft Connect workaround only seems to work if you experience FPS drops while playing in 1080p. If you're playing in 4k or 1440p the fps issues happen much more frequently and are much worse. The Ubisoft Connect workaround does not seem to work while playing in 4k or 1440p. There is also noticeable lag when viewing the Ubisoft Connect menu in 4k/1440p, it's not a smooth browsing experience, in 1080p it's smooth.

Right now I would say the game in actually unplayable in 4k/1440p because the lag gets so bad and happens so randomly. Here's an example I recorded of how bad and inconsistent this fps drop can get. Notice how it clears up for a couple seconds and then drops again into unplayable fps levels.

https://youtu.be/QsY11SjwFgU

Ubi-Houck
01-12-2021, 02:30 PM
Hello everyone!

Thank you for providing these reports and video.

I have added these to the report for the Watch Dog team.

Thanks!

djholland01
01-24-2021, 11:23 AM
I have problems playing watch dogs legion in stadia.
Have huge frame rate drops playing in 4k which makes playing the game quite often impossible.
Have been reading on the internet for troubleshooting and solutions.
I contacted Google stadia they point at you to resolve the problem.
Any update on this matter?

SH4K4L15
01-24-2021, 11:35 AM
Hi, I have the same problems. Especially with scenes that come along at night with many light sources. And of course when it rains in the game and the streets are wet. This game is not playable at Stadia. Do you have any information when we can enjoy the game at Stadia? I bought the Ulimate edition and I am very disappointed with the quality.

Ubi-Borealis
02-04-2021, 04:07 PM
Hello all!

Please be assured that the development team is still investigating this issue further. At this moment in time, we have no further information to share. Once we have an update to share, it will be posted within the official forums, so please keep an eye out. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and appreciate your patience at this time.

In the meantime, if you do encounter low FPS in-game, we would recommend trying the steps on this troubleshooting article (https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943) to see if this helps to resolve the issue for you. Thanks!

SH4K4L15
02-07-2021, 10:25 AM
thank you for the troubleshooting article ... but i have to inform you, that this is not a Stadia problem, every other game runs smoothly ... this fps bug happens only in Watchdog Legions

Ubi-Borealis
02-08-2021, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the update, SH4K4L15. I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting article didn't help resolve the issue for you. Please note that the development team are still investigating this issue further. At this moment in time, we have no new information to share. Once there are any new updates, these will be posted within the forums, so please keep an eye out!

Thanks!

FancyRaptor
02-13-2021, 02:42 AM
Heyo adding a +1 on the performance issues. It's not an issue specific to Legion I've had the same problem happen in The Division 2. It seems to be tied to Ubi Connect integration because opening and closing the rewards screen often fixes the issue.

thecountb
02-24-2021, 01:56 AM
Sporadic drops to around, I would guess, 5fps in Stadia, and it's the game itself running at this rate - not the Stadia streaming. Makes the spider bot and combat elements of the game totally uplayable. Sometimes leaving an area clears it... then it's back after 2-3 mins.

Ubi-Swaggins
03-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Hey folks,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with performance.

This is under investigation at this time, can you provide us with videos from your game showing the performance issues?

P3rs3lus
03-04-2021, 10:48 AM
Same here. WD Legion is actually unplayable: critical FPS drops after 10-20 mins of playing. Restart helps, but soon it starts over again... Others mentioned that experienced the same issue with other Ubi games on stadia. I played FarCry5, AC:Origins and Valhalla - without serious FPS drops. But Legion is currently disappointing.
expensive experience..

advenpurple
03-07-2021, 08:00 PM
Massive drops in framerate mere minutes into the game session, completely unplayable if it happens inside a mission and clearly is the game not the stream that is faltering. Massively disappointing experience, and an overpriced one at that.

https://stadia.google.com/capture/fa20d0da-c6dc-495a-b758-b3cf11347d39

https://stadia.google.com/capture/59b05365-dfcb-4391-9e33-b9a8d93c321c

Really would appreciate this being looked at seriously, one of these captures is 3 months old by now and nothing has changed since then.

advenpurple
03-07-2021, 08:01 PM
Massive drops in framerate mere minutes into the game session, completely unplayable if it happens inside a mission and clearly is the game not the stream that is faltering. Massively disappointing experience, and an overpriced one at that.

https://stadia.google.com/capture/fa20d0da-c6dc-495a-b758-b3cf11347d39

https://stadia.google.com/capture/59b05365-dfcb-4391-9e33-b9a8d93c321c

Really would appreciate this being looked at seriously, one of these captures is 3 months old by now and nothing has changed since then.

Ubi-Baron
03-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Thanks for providing those links, advenpurple.

I've passed those links on to the team, to help them while they look into this issue.

pnguyen0
03-12-2021, 05:23 AM
Adding on Iím seeing the same issues with frame drops in stadia/4K in watchdogs legion and division 2.

In division the character starts to walk while textures are loading. And the frame rate starts to degrade over time.

Legion it just drops randomly. Could be a min in could be 15 mins in. I rarely play past 30 due to the issue. During the frame rate drop sounds okay fine without issue.

Once i finish Valhalla Iíll probably drop Ubisoft+ if there isnít something to address the frame rate drop by then.

durandal79
03-12-2021, 06:49 AM
I have had the same issue with many ubisoft games for a while now.

I can say with somewhat confidence that this has started ever since Ubi shoehorned the Ubisoft Connect overlay into their games.

The Crew 2 gets laggy and crashes eventually. This is easily replicated if you spin through different menus, go to the summit and back etc.
The Division 2 gets very laggy after playing for a while. This happens virtually every session and happens at different times to everyone i play with on Stadia. Usually after around an hour or so of play.
Watchdogs Legion turns into a slide show for no reason as well.

J-Rex96
03-12-2021, 10:03 PM
I've posted on this thread a few days after the launch. This issue still isn't resolved, tried al the troubleshooting tips n tricks but this is just a bug, not an issue on the user side. Please fix this other developers manage to make their games run perfectly fine, all the ubi games have this issue....

Ubi-Litten
03-14-2021, 05:25 PM
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing low fps issues whilst playing Watch Dogs Legion on Stadia. While I understand you may have already completed some of these steps could you please check the Stadia website and work through their troubleshooting (https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943) steps.

If the issue continues to persist could you also confirm which device you are playing the game on (Chromecast, web browser or mobile app) and also try playing the game on a different device and confirm if the issue still persists.

In the meantime we will be sure to forward any feedback for further review, but any additional information will assist in getting this resolved.

DrT-2307
04-18-2021, 09:33 AM
I'm having the same issue as everyone else and was told by stadia helpdesk (after they found no issues with my connection) to contact ubisoft.

After a random period of time (between 10 and 1 hour after playing) the frame rate of this game drops and isn't playable. It then just stays at this low frame rate until I switch it off.

Some other people have said to go into ubisoft connect and exit again and it resolves - but it doesn't for me.

I also read that hacking into a cctv camera and out again helps, which I tried and it did help a bit, but the issue comes back soon after.

I play on chromecast ultra with ethernet connection and 600 mbps connection. I emphasise to you that it is not my connection or stadia generally, every other game I have works perfectly, including other ubisoft titles (asassins creed, the crew2). I have tried your troubleshooting steps you always post to others in this thread.

Once again, it is not stadia or my hardware, it is an issue specific to this game (and possibly unisoft connect integration as others have this same issue with other ubisoft games too).

Please can you acknowledge that this is a game specific issue and address it please? I love the game but it's impossible to play.

J-Rex96
04-21-2021, 09:03 AM
If tried al those things many times now. Its not an stadia issue because games from other developers are working perfectly. It seems te be an issue with all the ubisoft games. A restart of the game or opening ubisoft connect solves the issue for a while but it then returns. This has been mentioned many times but its seems that you guys just dont care.. people already made an send clips of the issue.

iluminatethesky
04-24-2021, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm experiencing this exact same issue.

https://streamable.com/amp_player/680vms?__twitter_impression=true

I've also spoken with the Stadia Team, and they're looking into it as well.

This is clearly an issue with the game itself, not Stadia as a platform.

I have other Ubi titles such as Division 2, Far Cry 5, Fenyx Rising, GR Wildlands, etc and do not have this issue. They all run Flawlessly.

So, this game is very poorly optimized for Stadia, and needs to be addressed.

Thank you.

Ubi-Redbeard
05-05-2021, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the updates on this, folks.

This issue is still under investigation.

Regretfully, we have no further information to share at present.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

HyraxT
05-07-2021, 09:07 PM
I'm having the same problem. Here's a server-side capture, so can't be caused by connection problems.

https://stadia.google.com/capture/49075e6b-bfc6-4528-914a-a3e0eaaa575e

Ubi-Swaggins
05-08-2021, 12:25 PM
Hey HyraxT,

Thanks for providing this.

Can you answer the following questions?

- Do you encounter this in Campaign and Online?

- Are there any specific actions that will trigger this?

- What Connection speeds do you play on?

HyraxT
05-19-2021, 04:28 PM
I haven't tried online yet, so this happens in the campaign for me. I can't identify specific situations when this happens, but it consistently occurs after playing for a bit and for me the only solution is restarting the game.

I play on 400Mbps fiber with wired Ethernet and watch dogs legion is the only game where this happens. Also, like I stated before, stadia video captures are directly captured on the server, not on my side. This isn't a laggy connection, it's the speed the game runs on the google server.

Ubi-Redbeard
05-21-2021, 01:32 PM
Thanks for getting back to us, HyraxT.

I will pass this on to the team :)

iluminatethesky
05-31-2021, 02:22 AM
Hello again,

It looks like this issue is getting progressively worse, I'm playing in 4K:

https://streamable.com/4fis3a

I have a wired connection, with 200mbps up and down.

This game is literally unplayable at the moment, and it's kinda frustrating. I think in the meantime, it should be taken down from the Stadia Store until this issue is resolved.

Anyone who plays in 4K most likely has this issue, and shouldn't be forced to play in 1080p, despite it not being that much better.

iluminatethesky
06-03-2021, 08:35 AM
Is this issue still being looked into?

A response about whether this is going to be fixed or not would be nice, thanks

Flabeo
06-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Here I am with 1.5gbit fibre to my home, playing in 4K on a Chromecast Ultra (wired). However I have the same problem playing on PC at 1080 or on my phone (S10 Plus).

I can assure you the problem is with the game, not my connection (I'm a network/cloud admin). Cyberpunk, Valhalla, Red Dead Redemption 2 all run like butter.

https://stadia.google.com/capture/56cfd304-a679-44ec-8dae-50b29184948f

DerThei
06-03-2021, 09:40 PM
I have the exact same problem! The game runs really bad, it's unplayable, and no it's not because of the internet or anything else. My Chromecst is connected to ethernet, my 100MBit Connection runs flawlessly with all other Stadia games. Please fix it.

Mr.Warthog
06-03-2021, 09:44 PM
Same problem here as well, the game is basically unplayable with all the fps drops.

Erlacher
06-04-2021, 06:40 PM
Same story hereÖ please fix this stuff Ubisoft, exact same problem with Far Cry new Dawn but with no other stadia games (cyberpunk, doom)

iluminatethesky
06-05-2021, 01:34 AM
Hey @Ubi-Redbeard,

Any update regarding this issue? Apparently it's just being overlooked. It's an issue with the game, not our connections.

This same stuff happened at Launch, as I played it on PC, and they were able to address the issue.

So what's the difference here?

Ubi-Redbeard
06-07-2021, 08:59 AM
Thanks for getting back to us, iluminatethesky.

While this is under investigation by the team, regretfully, we have no further information to share at present.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

iluminatethesky
06-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Hey Ubi-Redbeard,

I had to refund the game back to Stadia, since unfortunately this has been happening for months now, and no progress has been made toward this issue. Multiple updates have been pushed out, however none of them have made improvements towards this issue.

It's really a shame, considering I really like this game, but the Studio(s) aren't doing much about this. Obviously this issue is impacting everyone in this Thread, and is rendering the game unplayable. Until this issue gets resolved, I recommend having it removed from the Stadia Store, so people dont buy it, and experience this exact same issue.

Ubi-Redbeard
06-08-2021, 10:55 AM
Thanks for getting back to me, iluminatethesky.

I will forward your suggestion to the Watch Dogs Legion team.

iluminatethesky
06-08-2021, 07:28 PM
Hi Ubi-Redbeard,

Thanks for forwarding on this information. Hopefully they will address this issue properly, and the game will be playable again.

Like I said before, I really like the game, and it's a shame I had to refund it. I would like to play it again in the future once this issue is taken care of.

BradyBunch8269
06-08-2021, 08:13 PM
After 4 days of an infuriating back and fourth with ubisoft support, I was told that it is still a known issue and it is being investigated apparently but we will have absolutely zero Indication of any success or progress until it is officially updated. I'm pretty much limited to online as even 1080p still sees frame drops in story mode (although this can be corrected by quickly opening and closing ubisoft connect, try it with their other games to) but for now, online at 1080p 30fps is the only decently playable experience for this game on stadia (for me)

Ubi-Swaggins
06-09-2021, 01:23 PM
Hey BradyBunch8269,

I am sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with this issue. Regrettably, what you've been told by our Support team is correct, the issue is being investigated but we aren't able to provide any updates on this. All information shared will be done so via patch notes.

I can certainly appreciate your passion for this issue being fixed and I've passed on your feedback to the team.

iluminatethesky
06-13-2021, 12:42 AM
Can we at least get some sort of confirmation from the Team that they're working on resolving this?

They've been pushing out update after update after update, but none of them has addressed this issue we're experiencing. Now, they're releasing Bloodline sometime next month, and we won't be able to play it due to this issue.

So, can we get this issue resolved? It feels like you guys are saying the "Team is aware", but in reality, it's been Months since anything has been done. This thread dates all the way back to November / December 2020...

iluminatethesky
06-16-2021, 07:01 PM
Is this issue going to be resolved before Bloodline comes out, so we can actually play it?

Would be nice if we heard some updates about this, instead of leaving us in the dark for 6 months :)

iluminatethesky
06-21-2021, 04:40 PM
Hey @Ubi-Redbeard,

Can we get an update on when this is going to be addressed? Or has the Studio just given up on trying to fix this? Same thing happened on PC at Launch, and they fixed it in a few days.

This has been happening since December, and NOTHING has been done :)

Thanks.

iluminatethesky
06-23-2021, 07:17 PM
Can we get an update about this issue?

I would like to play Bloodline when it comes out next Month, without this Stuttering / Frame Drop issue.

They're fixing minor problems on Stadia, but they haven't fixed this issue since December...

Ubi-WheelyDuck
06-26-2021, 12:14 AM
Can we get an update about this issue?

I would like to play Bloodline when it comes out next Month, without this Stuttering / Frame Drop issue.

They're fixing minor problems on Stadia, but they haven't fixed this issue since December...

Hey there,

I am unable to confirm an estimated time of completion as this is under investigation.

Once we are able to resolve this we will be sure to let players know via patch notes.

Thank you for your patience

iluminatethesky
06-28-2021, 11:15 PM
Hey there,

I am unable to confirm an estimated time of completion as this is under investigation.

Once we are able to resolve this we will be sure to let players know via patch notes.

Thank you for your patience

Hey Ubi-WheelyDuck,

This is literally a game-breaking issue. I don't understand how this is not a high priority for the Studio to get this resolved. I've read the current Patch Notes, and they fixed two small minor issues on Stadia, but not this. People spent their hard earned money on this Game to play on Stadia, and yet they're unable to play it, including myself. I'm not trying to be rude, but this is a little ridiculous that we cannot play the game that we paid for.

iluminatethesky
07-02-2021, 11:38 PM
Can we get an Update on this issue?

Bloodline comes out in what, 2 - 3 days and this issue is still present?

How can you continue to sell this game on the Stadia Store, when it's basically unplayable?

https://streamable.com/4fis3a

It runs like absolute garbage...such a shame since this is one of my favorite games, but you guys don't seem to care about game breaking issues like this.

BlazePhx
07-03-2021, 08:34 PM
Why am I paying for a game if it's still gonna have this problem half a year since it's release

Ubi-Swaggins
07-07-2021, 09:06 AM
Hey folks,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on this issue.

Regrettably, at this time we don't have any further information to share on this issue. The team are still looking into this and once we receive an update on the status of this bug, it will be shared with you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

iluminatethesky
07-11-2021, 06:04 AM
Hey @Ubi-Swaggins,

Are they at least making any progress on this issue? Or what's happening here? Like I said before, this has been happening since November / December, and nothing has been done to address the issue.

So, are you just saying that they're "still looking into it" to give us some sort of comfort? Or are they actually working on a Fix that will get rid of these performance issues we've been experiencing for months? Cause every time you guys reply to our Posts, it's always "they're looking into it", and never anything new.

iluminatethesky
07-14-2021, 10:09 PM
Any Updates on this issue?

Or are we being left in the dark?

iluminatethesky
07-19-2021, 07:12 PM
Hello?

Any update regarding these issues? Does the Support Team not care?

iluminatethesky
07-21-2021, 10:08 PM
Has this issue been resolved at all?

Seems like Support doesn't care anymore since they're not answering us...

UbiKoreanBBQ
07-21-2021, 10:30 PM
I am incredibly sorry, iluminatethesky, about the feeling of being in the dark, however the Support team simply does not have further public information to share for the investigation. At this time, progress made is internal so we are unable to share these innerworkings. Once we have information to be shared, it will be added to the patch notes.

iluminatethesky
07-24-2021, 12:24 AM
I am incredibly sorry, iluminatethesky, about the feeling of being in the dark, however the Support team simply does not have further public information to share for the investigation. At this time, progress made is internal so we are unable to share these innerworkings. Once we have information to be shared, it will be added to the patch notes.

I like your name, by the way.

Anyways, this has still been unplayable, and frame drops still occur. It's a shame, cause I want to enjoy this game, and play the new DLC, but I can't.

We haven't heard any news about this being resolved, and this Thread goes all the way back to December. To me, it seems they just don't care about this Port.

Ubi-Redbeard
07-27-2021, 01:58 PM
@ iluminatethesky - I apologise that there has been no further information on this issue.

The team are still looking into this, unfortunately.

iluminatethesky
07-29-2021, 12:46 AM
@ iluminatethesky - I apologise that there has been no further information on this issue.

The team are still looking into this, unfortunately.

Hey there,

I hope this gets resolved soon...its been ongoing since December, and still has not been addressed.

Do they just not care about the Stadia Port?

They keep releasing new Content, but can't fix these frame drop issues? The same thing happened with PC at release, and they fixed it in a couple days....so what's the difference with the Stadia Port?