PDA

View Full Version : Stand Alone vs. Add-On?

e2michaelb
11-09-2004, 08:27 PM
I will be installing PF as soon as I can get it ('last time I checked, my two favorite stores did not yet have it on the shelves). Since I already have FB-AEP installed, will PF install automatically as an Add-On? If I can choose the mode, given some of the complaints discussed in other threads, should I choose stand-alone or add-on?

e2michaelb
11-09-2004, 08:27 PM
I will be installing PF as soon as I can get it ('last time I checked, my two favorite stores did not yet have it on the shelves). Since I already have FB-AEP installed, will PF install automatically as an Add-On? If I can choose the mode, given some of the complaints discussed in other threads, should I choose stand-alone or add-on?

Maple_Tiger
11-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Most of us have installed it as an addon. That being said, most servers are FB+AEP+PF.

If you have the room, you could install PF as an addon and a stand alone product.

That being pointlesly said, I have not only installed AEP without issuses, but PF as well.

I would personly instal it as an addon.

lkemling
11-10-2004, 10:25 AM
At this time I have PF set as a stand alone but find most add on missions being made are for FB+AEB+PF
and will not run with the stand alone

crazyivan1970
11-10-2004, 10:57 AM
i have not seen a server yet that runs pure PF... anybody seen one?

Brain32
11-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Imagine you could install XP_SP2 separatley from your already installed XP. What would you do? It's not the same thing but it's really similar.

Bearcat99
11-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Do the add on... you wont be sorry and IMO it is indeed well worth the $70 US price tag for the FBGOLD and PF.