PDA

View Full Version : Mod Question

Lochmann1957
04-13-2006, 12:33 AM
I just started running the Grey Wolves mod and am really pretty happy with it. I would like my map contacts to be color coded again though, (I know, I am a grand wienie).

Any way to do this? I am running it through the Jones modder and it looks to be all or nothing doing it that way, with the exception of the other optional files which I have not looked into yet.

One other question, I am running SHIII Commander and have fatigue switched to none there, but my crew still seems to want to nap. This was working fine before I started using the GW mod, what am I missing?

Thanks for any thoughts

kutusov88
04-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I also would like the fatigue thing to go away. I really don't like being daddy captain sending people to bed, I just want to blow ships to pieces. So I would apretiate help in thism too. Another question: do you experience any drop in graphic performance with the GW mod? My system seams to have a hard time chewing the extra textures and harbor traffic€¦.

DarkOmen13
04-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Can't be of much help, but using the silent hunter commander mod you can turn off crew fatigue or use different fatigue models.
And i believe you can get grey wolves running faster if you do something with the sea floor graphics, but what or how i don't know.

Hope that's some help.

D.

Lochmann1957
04-13-2006, 12:15 PM
The sea floor graphic change is in one of the optional Grey Wolves files. It is in that second file you made called GW Documentation and Optional Mods. It is listed as the generic sea floor mod.

While I was looking in there for you I answered my own question about the contacts. That file is right there as well.

There are some other Fatigue Mods as well, but I am going to try to get the Commander program to handle it as I am sure that it can.

Edit:

Definately wrong about getting my color coded contacts back. The Optional contact mod was something completely different. Fatigue seems to be back on course with SH Commander though.

kutusov88
04-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi again... Lochmann1957, what about the sea floor? It€s probably not doing anything in my system. I opted to paste the data folder from GW over the original data, so I€m not using the JSGME thing. The sea floor files are indeed in the documentation and optional mods folder and this one is side by side with the data folder of the game. So it shouldn€t be going for those files, should it? Am I thinking right? My lack of performance is probably due to my aging system, as some one pointed out in another thread. I have a AMD2800xp, geforce 6600gt and about 1300 MB RAM. I know that for some games this is not enough (thinking on Battlefield 2). But it was the drastic drop in performance that startle me because the original version of the game runs very smoothly.

And Darkomen13, thanks a lot for the tips, at least they got me a starting point in researching this thing. I€ve also downloaded the commander mod and that should do the trick. A nanny for the crew€¦ Nice!

Lochmann1957
04-13-2006, 03:08 PM
No those files are files you might want to use and I assumed the Generic Sea Floor would return your sea floor to the stock version and you would not have the graphics hit...

That said I was wrong about what I thought the contact file would, (it had no readme), so I would not count on the sea floor file to do what I thought it would do either.

I am one of those people that knows just enough to be dangerous when around programs and computers. <sigh>

kutusov88
04-13-2006, 05:16 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gifWell, after your post I was really close to delete the sea floor files from the data folder€¦ then I thought: €œHei, then how's the game going to know what to put at that point where's no more sea? Uhm, better not erase anything€¦€ So you see, I€m in your club too. But having a bottomless pit ocean should have been cool€¦ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif