PDA

View Full Version : X-45 help

Cherokee_Brave
11-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi guys,

Just got the game and I love it (once i figured out the water issue.) Anyway, I have the x-45 and can't get my profile to work. It seems the game defaults to the in game control section. The pan works, the machine guns fire with the trigger and the rudder works, but nothing much else. It loads just fine in the profiler but ???. It seems I had this same problem way back with IL2. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Cherokee_Brave
11-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi guys,

Just got the game and I love it (once i figured out the water issue.) Anyway, I have the x-45 and can't get my profile to work. It seems the game defaults to the in game control section. The pan works, the machine guns fire with the trigger and the rudder works, but nothing much else. It loads just fine in the profiler but ???. It seems I had this same problem way back with IL2. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Fliger747
11-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Try just setting up the controls on the 'controls page', a bit more of a pain, but should work!

Good luck!

PapaG39
11-13-2004, 01:26 PM
I never could figure out how to profile the X45 to put the flaps on the small wheel on the throttle & the props on the larger wheel so I just use the input & assign everything from there. It works just as well & I have everything covered just the way that I want it.

-HH- Beebop
11-13-2004, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PapaG39:
I never could figure out how to profile the X45 to put the flaps on the small wheel on the throttle & the props on the larger wheel so I just use the input & assign everything from there. It works just as well & I have everything covered just the way that I want it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally I put the flaps on a switch on the throttle quadrant (the stick is full w/fire controls and views) and assigned the large wheel to prop pitch and the small wheel to elevator trim. I set those wheels in the HOTAS section of 'Controls' by clicking the function and moving the wheel. If the controls moves in the 'opposite' direction you wanted just go in and reset by turning the wheel in the opposite direction.
Alternatively you could download and install the SST drivers from Saiteks site and use adlabs6 profile:

http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/

or Tully's profile (located in his sig)

and use or modify them to suit. Both have instructions on use and modification as well as the key binds they use.

Hope this helped.

Tully__
11-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Cherokee_Brave, current X-45 drivers don't autoload the profile when you start the game. You must remember to manually load it before starting the game.

PapaG39, you don't assign axes, rotaries or sliders in the profile unless you want to assign keystrokes to them. They should be assigned directly in the HOTAS CONTROL section at the bottom of the game's controls screen. All other buttons can be assigned in profile, though you may need to make some keyboard assignments for controls with no default assignments to be able to profile those controls.

Billy_BigBoy
11-14-2004, 06:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cherokee_Brave:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds familiar to me. Had once a problem like that. After removing and re-installing the Saitek software and drivers the problem was solved.

Thebest1189
11-14-2004, 08:02 AM
Go to saitek.com and download all the new drivers and profilers then when its installed there should be a little icon in the bottom right hand corner, or in the icon tray on your start menu. right click it and click profile editer. click on a button on the joystick in the display they have there and itll take you to the spot on the right where to input your button maps. now all you have to do is write down all the buttons you wanna map.