PDA

View Full Version : I'm New+Need Help w/Newly Acquired CH Pro Throttle

mcgonegle
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
~S~ To One and All- Am fairly new to IL-2.Picked up CH ProThrottle off amazon.Know nxt to nothing about it:
(1) Set "throttle" in HOTAS. In game, full stick shows WEP of about 115%(P-40 plane)But it's minimum position still shows 14% throttle setting. XP ControlPanel-GamingDevices shows no method to "zero it out". Do i need to download something from CH website?
(2) What are your rec'mnded assignments for the 3 toggle and 5 hat buttons.
Thx In Advance.
-Matt

mcgonegle
08-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Ooops-w.r.t. (2) above and setting the buttons/hat switches-I already have TrackIR 5,so i don't need to map any eyesight direction(Pan/Snap) cmnds.
-Matt

blairgowrie
08-26-2010, 05:02 AM
Yes, you need to download the software for the CH Control Manager from the CH website. It has a calibration option included in it but it is fairly complicated to set up and you should visit the CH Forum and read some of their FAQ's.

I use my CH Throttle in conjuction with a Sidewinder MSFFB joystick so my settings wouldn't be of much help to you.

Good luck. It is a fine device.

x6BL_Brando
08-26-2010, 07:33 AM
As above, calibration using the CH software is the very best way to go. Even more useful is the fact that you can program the software to give you up to (approx) 5 times as many command options for the throttle's buttons and hats, using the mode switch (3x) and a shift key (2x). While that may not seem important at first, you will find the ability to be "hands on" with the many commands IL-2 offers is a great advantage when you also need to be using the throttle simultaneously - like when taking off, or landing, or flying close formation, et cetera.

Go to the ch-hangar (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/forum.php) for assistance getting set up. You will always get friendly and expert help there, where CH owners rub shoulders with the tech staff, and you can even get help from the chief software programmer.
B

Sillius_Sodus
08-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I had the same problem and solved t with the CH software. As x6BL_Brando said, you should really use it to program all the functions on your gear, programming directly from the game is faster, but if you disconnect the throttle, the game may not recognize it properly when you reconnect it and then you'll have to go through it over again which is a real pain.

USN_Saw
08-26-2010, 11:55 PM
+1 use the software. I tried programming in the game and it was a disaster.