PDA

View Full Version : 1701 crash

rosie99cookie
10-12-2020, 11:46 PM
Was working fine yesterday..now it crashes yo desktop after opening scene

dmdilks
10-13-2020, 12:50 AM
Which one are you running the old one or new one? Plus what are running it on a computer or Laptop and what OS?

If you are running the old one on windows 10 try to run in one of the compatibility mode.

Ubi-Raziel
10-17-2020, 03:39 PM
Hello!

Thank you dmdilks for your help, it is always much appreciated.

While we wait for rosie99cookie to get back to us, I would also like to offer our general troubleshooting support article: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025947/

All the best!

CatfreakyMara
11-24-2020, 01:48 PM
I have the exact same problem. Played the game yesterday and today it crashes after the opening scene. No windows update that I know of.
(I have the history edition)

Overspeed99
12-23-2020, 07:45 PM
This is happening for me as of today. Played fine yesterday and since the giveaway, woke up today and crashes after the opening scene. PC reboot, driver update etc does not solve. Game is DOA now.

pantelas2002
12-26-2020, 09:52 PM
exactly the same happening with me. Is there a way to backup my save games and try a reinstall?

BruceHarper74
12-27-2020, 12:22 AM
exactly the same happening to me, The game crashes to desktop after opening scene. Was everything ok till yersterday! it is no coincidence that it also happens to others after 7 days from the free download.There isn't possibility to reduce graphics solution in the game folder. no possibility to jump the opening scene.Thanks Ubi-Raziel but the general troubleshooting support article suggest to upgrade or disinstall it. Why i play the same game yeasterday an not today?
Thanks for your support

P1XE1Zz
12-27-2020, 02:32 PM
It's good to know i'm not the only one with this problem. Was playing the game fine the past 5 days, even played it this morning for half an hour. After lunch i wanted to play it again but it doesn't want to work. It crashes every time after the opening scene.

Full game name: Anno 1701 history edition. Playing on 64bit Windows 10 Pro edition, graphic drivers up to date. I tried verifying the files, no luck

Ubi-Raziel
12-29-2020, 08:39 PM
Hello everyone!

I appreciate this crashing has only started to occur after the giveaway. Currently, I'm unable to see any changes that could have caused this however I'm sure it's not a coincidence.

To help our team investigate, we will need a bit more information from you all please if the above troubleshooting did not help -

- System specifications
- On what date specifically you noticed the crashing
- MsInfo: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000078753
- DxDiag: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000078583

The 2 files can either be added to a support case, or you can provide a link for me to access.

@pantelas2002 You can find the save location in the following support article: https://support.ubi.com/Article/000081183

Thank you!

cb.scruffykid
12-30-2020, 04:26 AM
Having the same issue as everyone else. Stopped working one day with no changes on my end. Did Ubi kill the servers after releasing the game for free? Maybe it was actually a timed demo instead of the full game :confused::confused:

cb.scruffykid
12-30-2020, 04:31 AM
I also noticed I don't have the Savegame folder here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Anno 1701 - History Edition\Savegames

dmdilks
12-30-2020, 02:40 PM
The save game folder is in your Documents fold. Anno games no matter which you play the save games are in the Documents folder.

x.fuse
12-30-2020, 07:18 PM
I am having the same issue. Yesterday around 9:30 PM I was playing the game and I was in offline mode, I closed it and then when opened again it will show the UBI soft logo and then starts with the intro, when clicking or pressing any key to skip the intro the game crashes to desktop. I tried going online and I got the same thing. I was playing for many days normally before.

Just to note that I have verified the files, re-installed, rebooted, deleted the game settings ini file and nothing works.

dmdilks
12-31-2020, 02:48 PM
I have not have that problem yet. I'm not begging but with all the Anno games. I never had all the problems people have out there. Have you tried to turn off all your antivirus programs?

Something change from the time you close the game to the time you tried to restarted it. Have you tried to go into Task manager. In there click on the startup tab and see if something is causing the problem.

To get there hold down the Ctrl & Alt keys then hit the delete key. Then click on bottom left corner more details. In there you see the start up tab.

RustyStug
01-08-2021, 10:23 PM
I have not have that problem yet. I'm not begging but with all the Anno games. I never had all the problems people have out there. Have you tried to turn off all your antivirus programs?

Something change from the time you close the game to the time you tried to restarted it. Have you tried to go into Task manager. In there click on the startup tab and see if something is causing the problem.

To get there hold down the Ctrl & Alt keys then hit the delete key. Then click on bottom left corner more details. In there you see the start up tab.

The problem is the new Uconnect patch. And why should someone drop the security shields in any circumstances? Yes are bad securities out there, some free ones but the point is you shouldn't drop your security cause a soft is badly coded or tries obfuscated modifications or can't connect the way it wants , with proxy modifications or God know what changes in DNS and TCP parameters registry.

Other games works only those from Uconnect doesn't At least on my machine. Connect to the net as well. Uconnect got traffic on my machine is definitely connected.

And why Uconnect after new patch got 7 executable files? Looks to you like a software to be so trusted that you can disable Antivirus and firewall?

What is the soft prerequisite for Uconnect ? Can't find it, any details?

RustyStug
01-08-2021, 10:25 PM
Same to me 5th day now can't start Anno 1404 HE.

Is time for refunds I think , breach of contract Ubisoft. We paid. You don't deliver.

dmdilks
01-09-2021, 04:04 AM
I just went and played both of them 1701 and 1404. Plus I run the Mod the 1404 and another computer I run just the 1404 HE without the Mod.

Like I said I have played all of their games from the 1st game 1602 came out in 1998. I have never run into any of the problems. On 1701 & 1404 I don't have any of the problems like what you guys are having.

So if I'm using the same Uplay / Ubisoft Connect like you are using than there is something else causing the problem. Mine is working fine Sorry.

ArcticAurora
01-13-2021, 12:03 PM
My Anno 1701 HE developed this exact same crash to desktop after the intro movie (without any pop-ups or errors) and the issue persisted for about the last 4 days, with no other installs/patches.updates to my system.

What ended up fixing it for me was to open the game install folder, copy/backed-up the Profiles folder and its contents, then delete the original Profiles folder. After that, I launched the game and it again resumed working. The game auto re-created the Profiles folder when I launched the game. Next, I created a default Annoholic in-game profile, then closed the game cause I wanted to get back my own profile. I went back to my copied/backup Profiles folder, and from inside that folder coped over just my Name.profile file into the newly remade Profiles folder, and then relaunched the game again. I didn't bother copying the .bindings file as any shortcuts were easy enough to redo. Booted the game up again, and it continued to work fine, changed to my old profile via Profile Management, and got on with the fun.

Hope this helps anyone stuck in the same boat. No guarantees, but worked in my case.

dmdilks
01-13-2021, 03:45 PM
What it sounds like that folder got corrupted some how. If it works for other it will be a great fix.

What ended up fixing it for me was to open the game install folder, copy/backed-up the Profiles folder and its contents, then delete the original Profiles folder.

After that, I launched the game and it again resumed working. The game auto re-created the Profiles folder when I launched the game. Next, I created a default Annoholic in-game profile,

Then closed the game cause I wanted to get back my own profile. I went back to my copied/backup Profiles folder, and from inside that folder coped over just my Name.profile file into the newly remade Profiles folder

Then relaunched the game again. I didn't bother copying the .bindings file as any shortcuts were easy enough to redo.

Booted the game up again, and it continued to work fine, changed to my old profile via Profile Management, and got on with the fun.

Hope this helps anyone stuck in the same boat. No guarantees, but worked in my case.

Ubi-Raziel
01-16-2021, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone, apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

First of all thank you very much dmdilks, you're always such a great help.

Can everyone please confirm if ArcticAurora's steps resolved the issue for you?

Thank you!

P1XE1Zz
01-25-2021, 11:11 AM
I tried ArcticAurora's fix and my game now works normally

Ubi-Raziel
02-02-2021, 08:05 PM
I tried ArcticAurora's fix and my game now works normally

Brilliant news, thank you for letting me know!

FireDrake007
04-02-2021, 11:41 PM
I just downloaded Anno 1701 History edition yesterday and it seems to work fine. I used to have the original version on GOG but now that the History edition has been updated and optimized for Windows 10 with official multiplayer support available I decided to try it out on Ubisoft Connect instead.