PDA

View Full Version : gun sight

J.M.LLOYD
07-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Can someone explain how to gain an advantage when using that small floating circle that can be seen on some aircraft gun sights,is it there as a prodicter to help in deflection shooting,if so, how does one use it?..Cheers

J.M.LLOYD
07-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Can someone explain how to gain an advantage when using that small floating circle that can be seen on some aircraft gun sights,is it there as a prodicter to help in deflection shooting,if so, how does one use it?..Cheers

Akronnick
07-18-2007, 01:02 AM
If your are in no cockpit mode, what you are describing is a flight path marker, and is not related to the gunsight.

DKoor
07-18-2007, 02:45 AM
Yeah.....get rid of that pos that interferes yer aim.
Press CTRL+F1 again until you get that nice clean gunsite.

tigertalon
07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J.M.LLOYD:
Can someone explain how to gain an advantage when using that small floating circle that can be seen on some aircraft gun sights,is it there as a prodicter to help in deflection shooting,if so, how does one use it?..Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from what Akronnick and DKoor mentioned, are you by any chance speaking about K-14, american gyro gunsight, installed on P-51D and P-80?

If yes, than yes, this is a predictor which should help you aiming. You need to assign keys for a bombsight control (don't know which out of my head), and then, during the attack, firstly adjust the wingspan of attacked plane, and next adjust the size of the circle so the wingtips of enemy plane touch the circle. You have the correct lead then.

I have no better shot of it than this one, hope it helps (please disregard red and yellow text, check how the reticle and target plane match):

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s307/TigerTalon/K-14.jpg

Instruction on how to use K-14 here (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=369).