PDA

View Full Version : How many planes can be placed on a carrier?

KarayaEine
11-21-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm building some missions in FMB and when I try to place several flights of 4 aircraft on the deck of a carrier it won't work. The most I can get is five aircraft total. When I go to start the mission the plane I've chosen is on the deck along with 4 others but the remainder are in the air already any flying over head. And to top it off the group I'm supposed to be leading is the one already in the air.

Is there a limitation as to how many active flights/aircraft that can be placed on the deck?

Extra info:
These are coop missions and all a/c start at the same time (I realize I could alter the start times and have them spawn later but I wanted to have more a/c available to choose from at the start)

Johann

KarayaEine
11-21-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm building some missions in FMB and when I try to place several flights of 4 aircraft on the deck of a carrier it won't work. The most I can get is five aircraft total. When I go to start the mission the plane I've chosen is on the deck along with 4 others but the remainder are in the air already any flying over head. And to top it off the group I'm supposed to be leading is the one already in the air.

Is there a limitation as to how many active flights/aircraft that can be placed on the deck?

Extra info:
These are coop missions and all a/c start at the same time (I realize I could alter the start times and have them spawn later but I wanted to have more a/c available to choose from at the start)

Johann

Tully__
11-21-2004, 07:43 AM
There is a limit. It varies with carrier size and may also vary with the size of the aircraft. The test runways for example (which work like carriers as far as full mission builder is concerned) will take about 18 P-38's before you have some airstarts. I've seen 8-10 aircraft on the big American carrier decks.

VW-IceFire
11-21-2004, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KarayaEine:

Extra info:

Johann <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Depends on the plane. I think you can squeeze 8 or maybe 12 Wildcats on the Saratoga's deck. But you can only put 6 Avengers.