PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 crash!!!!!!!!

Horsegypsy
12-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I loaded Avatar and the downloaded the updates and the my computer froze....haven't got to play yet !!

bstoops50
12-14-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm having the same problem, When I start the game it freezes up and tells me the game has stopped working. I downloaded the patch didn't help. I have windows 7 64 bit.

Azuron
12-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Hello,

It seems that I have the same problem as you guys. I wish someone would be kind enough to suggest a way to solve this problem. After all it's very annoying when you buy a game and it crash as soon as you try to open it. I'm also working with Windows 7 64 bit. My graphic card's the Geforce 295. My drivers and directx are at the last version that came out. I'm using the auzentech prelude 7.1 as for my sound card.

So far ever single time I try to open the game, the patch runs. It displays the game logo while it loads then when the game window show up, the game crash and I'm forced to close the game. I also tried to run it as an admin, no results.

I hope someone will find out how to fixe this bug soon.

Best regards,
Azuron

bstoops50
12-15-2009, 07:49 PM
I removed the 195.55 drivers and installed the 195.39 nivdia drivers and the game works fine.So go back one set of drivers and it should work

Azuron
12-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I tried 4-5 different version of the driver, no results =/

GeneralBANG
12-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Make sure that in your audio properties no device is set to something greater than 48kHz (you can access it via the advanced properties of each audio device in your sound settings)

bmxjumperc
04-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I've tried this changeing the format of the audio but I have read that most people who fixed this problem by changing the audio format couldn't even start the game, I can play for quite a little bit until it crashes but it ultimately does crash.