PDA

View Full Version : Recomended drivers for GeForce 4 Ti4200

Cmte. Carvalho
01-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Hello;

I have a Palit Daytona GeForce IV Ti4200 64 Mb. and i tried to use the latest nVidia drivers in it but i got several problems in games like Command & Conquer Generals (my armies appear always in white colour) and Lock-On (freezing after mission start). Now i'm using 45.23 driver but still have some problems... For example, in black areas during games it's common see blue squares... It happens a lot in Lomac first screen wich simulates an aircraft computer... I was playing C&C right now and suddenly the screen returned to Windows XP Pro and a message saying that some kind of several error has occured and the game must be closed... Pretty bad...

Plase, help! Thanks.

Cmte. Carvalho
01-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Hello;

I have a Palit Daytona GeForce IV Ti4200 64 Mb. and i tried to use the latest nVidia drivers in it but i got several problems in games like Command & Conquer Generals (my armies appear always in white colour) and Lock-On (freezing after mission start). Now i'm using 45.23 driver but still have some problems... For example, in black areas during games it's common see blue squares... It happens a lot in Lomac first screen wich simulates an aircraft computer... I was playing C&C right now and suddenly the screen returned to Windows XP Pro and a message saying that some kind of several error has occured and the game must be closed... Pretty bad...

Plase, help! Thanks.

ZappaTime
01-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Was 66.93 the 'latest driver' you tried? - I had an Asus Ti4200 (128mb) with these drivers - all seemed OK, try forums on www.guru3d.com, (http://www.guru3d.com,) under forceware drivers, you may find the answer quicker there.

Cmte. Carvalho
01-08-2005, 05:40 AM
Thank you very much Zappa! I'll download it, try, and then i reply to you, ok?

Bye.

Cmte. Carvalho
01-08-2005, 06:07 AM
I just tried it and then i remember that i already used it... And the C&C problem came back... Whatever army or color i select, it always appear as white... Too bad, and still needing help...

Kwiatos
01-08-2005, 06:21 AM
try 43.45 expecially omega driver. Only bug i found is darkgreen places at sea in mirror of plane. Besides these driver are the fast for GF4 and work the best for other games.

darkmage820
01-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Starstorm 44.67Q

These are modified drivers that give better performance and image quality. I haven't encountered any problems with them. Find them on www.guru3d.com (http://www.guru3d.com)

ZappaTime
01-08-2005, 11:24 AM
White textures to me implies high res textures in a game and you may have the graphics set too low - this may happen after changing drivers - something that happens with Grand prix 4 because all newer car textures are high res and the default game settings (at a lower texture res) show white. Not sure on the likes of C&C as theses will be the original game textures unlike problem in GP4 where they have been modded to hi res. My only other suggestion, if you haven't already tried, is to remove the nvidia driver from add/remove programs and restart your machine in safe mode, then run detonator destroyer or some other cleanup tool for nvidia drivers, then install one of the drivers - 66.93, or 43.45 that people know to be good. Again www.guru3d.com (http://www.guru3d.com) have guides on total removal of nvidia drivers. You are up to date on DirectX, aren't you? Frustrating stuff this, I know :-(
Z

codeseven7
01-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Hi Carvalho, the manual for PF recommends the WHQL 56.72 driver for the GeForce 4 and older cards. I take that to read, the last Nvidia driver made that was optimized for the GeForce 4 cards was the 56.72. Drivers made after the 56.72 were designed for use with cards manufactured after the GeForce 4 line. Though a newer WHQL driver's Readme will say that it's compatable for 'all' previous card versions back to say,GeForce 2, it's actually optimized for the 'newest' version of cards such as the GeForce 6800. It should read, 'this newest WHQL driver version was made and optimized for the newest Nvidia video cards (6800) but will work ok with older cards also'. I have an MSI GeForce 4 Ti4600 card, just out of curiousity I've tried the newest drivers, they work, but I've gone back to the 56.72's just as the games (PF's) developer has advised, they should know. At least, like I said, thats the way I read it.

codeseven

DuxCorvan
01-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I use 56.56 on a Ti 4200 with success. No problems until now in any game, including PF. Just a little flickering in some airfields at altitude, but I think that's a very common minor issue, so...