PDA

View Full Version : Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

GhostAgent14
09-23-2020, 05:45 PM
Hello there, fellow Ghosts!! So, I was looking around on the Xbox store and saw this older game called Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. I'm pretty sure some of you have mentioned this game a little here and there on the forums, but it probably went right over my head then!! Lol. I found the attached YouTube video, and it does look pretty interesting. It costs $9.99 on the Xbox store, which isn't bad at all. I was just curious what others' thoughts are about this game and if you all thought it might be worth a try or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QedZtZ-XQzY&t=13s

CrockfordCK
09-24-2020, 12:57 AM
It's been some years since I've played, I had it on PC. Absolutely worth the $10 investment and the expansions are worth it as well. It's got a bit of a learning curve before you can really get good at the controls. I remember the campaign feeling fairly short, but it's worth playing through multiple times.

The downside with the console version is there is no mission editor like the PC version has.
Maybe I'll pick up the Xbox version too.

Ageless93
09-24-2020, 01:10 PM
What I can remember from the game is those plus shaped bushes that are completely solid. I'd managed to get myself stuck in a building at one time because of such a bush.
Don't drive through them either, it'll cost you your vehicle. :p

GhostAgent14
09-24-2020, 07:01 PM
It's been some years since I've played, I had it on PC. Absolutely worth the $10 investment and the expansions are worth it as well. It's got a bit of a learning curve before you can really get good at the controls. I remember the campaign feeling fairly short, but it's worth playing through multiple times.

The downside with the console version is there is no mission editor like the PC version has.
Maybe I'll pick up the Xbox version too.

Thank you so much for your input here, Crock!! I think I'm gonna go ahead and pick it up. :cool:

GhostAgent14
09-24-2020, 07:02 PM
What I can remember from the game is those plus shaped bushes that are completely solid. I'd managed to get myself stuck in a building at one time because of such a bush.
Don't drive through them either, it'll cost you your vehicle. :p
Thank you for the heads up about those bushes, Ageless93!! ;)