PDA

View Full Version : Wow! SETI Signal

Agentbarto
10-26-2011, 05:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

Saw this on "Through The Wormhole." Have they referenced this? Hope they do in some way... very odd that it lasted 72 seconds exactly. Could make for a compelling detail to the Sci-Fi plot.

Discuss

rileypoole1234
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
I recall seeing this a while ago. Interesting that it lasted for 72 seconds. It's never been referenced in AC I think. It'd be interesting if in AC they made it something from Those who came before. Like remnants of communication with another race that came before.

xx-pyro
10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
It's pretty cool but they could find any coincidence that involves the number 72 and spin things around it. The number really isn't important post-ACB, all it is was the password to the vault, it really holds no relevance past that.

Agentbarto
10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
The number really isn't important post-ACB, all it is was the password to the vault, it really holds no relevance past that.

Fair point. never mind.

dxsxhxcx
10-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
It's pretty cool but they could find any coincidence that involves the number 72 and spin things around it. The number really isn't important post-ACB, all it is was the password to the vault, it really holds no relevance past that.

[SPOILERS - ACB]

I wouldn't say this so fast, Juno says something about the number 72 while she speaks with Desmond at the end of ACB:

Juno: On the 72nd day before the moment of awakening

and there is also this...
SPOILERS - ACR/EMBERS (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Shao_Jun)

more here:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/72#Trivia

SteelCity999
10-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Weren't the other numbers on the door 1420, 1419 and another 14-- number? These are referenced in this subject as being the frequency that the signal was received on and all terrestial communications are banned from using. Interesting that it includes 72 and 1420.

Jexx21
10-26-2011, 08:30 PM
The code to finding out the password of 72 to the vault is interesting. It's based off of passages in the bible. Exodus 14, 19-21. In Ezio's day, the reading of the Bible was outlawed except for the leaders of the church.

Ezio must of stolen a Bible sometime in his life. Why would he steal a Bible for no reason, unless he was a Christian?

Agentbarto
10-26-2011, 08:51 PM
The family I believe was raised Catholic, this however means little as Ezio would have had to have memorized all of those passages. Maybe he did, or maybe since he was part of the upper class he at some point got a hold of a copy. Typically the upper classes had more access to this information than the lower classes.

LightRey
10-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

[SPOILERS - ACB]

I wouldn't say this so fast, Juno says something about the number 72 while she speaks with Desmond at the end of ACB:

Juno: On the 72nd day before the moment of awakening

and there is also this...
SPOILERS - ACR/EMBERS (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Shao_Jun)

more here:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/72#Trivia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it's safe to assume at this point that the end of ACB is the 72nd day before the moment of awakening.

There could very well be more significance to that number of course, but this is no solid clue that there is.

Jexx21
10-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
The family I believe was raised Catholic, this however means little as Ezio would have had to have memorized all of those passages. Maybe he did, or maybe since he was part of the upper class he at some point got a hold of a copy. Typically the upper classes had more access to this information than the lower classes.

No, back then, only the officials of the church could have a bible. The people going to church weren't allowed one back then. Ezio had to of stolen a bible to of known those verses.

LightRey
10-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:

No, back then, only the officials of the church could have a bible. The people going to church weren't allowed one back then. Ezio had to of stolen a bible to of known those verses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's actually not entirely true. That was mostly a propaganda stunt created by the protestants. In truth it wasn't forbidden. It was just uncommon for people to have (the means to become in possession of) a bible.

AlphaAltair
10-27-2011, 09:08 AM
The code to finding out the password of 72 to the vault is interesting. It's based off of passages in the bible. Exodus 14, 19-21. In Ezio's day, the reading of the Bible was outlawed except for the leaders of the church.

Ezio must of stolen a Bible sometime in his life. Why would he steal a Bible for no reason, unless he was a Christian?

Maybe he stole it off of one of the cardinals he assassinated (in a very christian-like way, of course).

LightRey
10-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Maybe he stole it off of one of the cardinals he assassinated (in a very christian-like way, of course). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ezio very likely learned from the bible as a noble. The nobility at that time, aside from going to church, had relatively easy access to bibles. There's also the fact that as a noble, Ezio would've learned Latin (which is reinforced by the fact that he could read the texts Brutus had left behind and many other official papers, which were often written in Latin) and Latin was and still is quite often learned from translating biblical texts.

jmk1999
10-27-2011, 09:58 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/158/329/9189283.jpg

AlphaAltair
10-27-2011, 10:01 AM
I think he may have needed hebrew for that one!

LightRey
10-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by dom1999:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/158/329/9189283.jpg
Ugh, I hate that guy. Great pic though. xD

RzaRecta357
10-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Well, since it actually has to do with TOWCB and not the bible...since we all know Jesus was a sham in this universe.

Since the 72nd day is important to dem alienz maybe the apple just told him what to put as a key.

I always just thought the apple told him. You can think it stuff like Desmond did before he touched it.

LightRey
10-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Well, since it actually has to do with TOWCB and not the bible...since we all know Jesus was a sham in this universe.

Since the 72nd day is important to dem alienz maybe the apple just told him what to put as a key.

I always just thought the apple told him. You can think it stuff like Desmond did before he touched it.
Well we don't know he was a sham, just that at least some of his "powers" came from PoE's.

RzaRecta357
10-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Doesn't Al Muahlim pretty much confirm he was a fake using the P.O.E though? He names a bunch of people and mentions the water to wine thing. I took that as meaning every story we know as being "Magical" has a P.O.E backing it.

Just like all the gods are just derived from Minerva and the likes just having time and legend shift the stories about and what not.

I don't know much about Religion but I love that time makes myths and legends thing. David and Goliath? Was probably really just some small guy who used a rock to knock out an Andre the Giant size guy. Which then eventually in our time is a story about a dude with a slingshot rock knocking out a giant or something.

LightRey
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Doesn't Al Muahlim pretty much confirm he was a fake using the P.O.E though? He names a bunch of people and mentions the water to wine thing. I took that as meaning every story we know as being "Magical" has a P.O.E backing it.

Just like all the gods are just derived from Minerva and the likes just having time and legend shift the stories about and what not.

I don't know much about Religion but I love that time makes myths and legends thing. David and Goliath? Was probably really just some small guy who used a rock to knock out an Andre the Giant size guy. Which then eventually in our time is a story about a dude with a slingshot rock knocking out a giant or something.
Those are likely only his conclusions based on what he's seen the apple can do. It's quite probable that Jesus used the PoE's, especially since he had so many of them, but there's still a possibility that the rest of his story holds at the very least some truth.

Agentbarto
10-27-2011, 08:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:

No, back then, only the officials of the church could have a bible. The people going to church weren't allowed one back then. Ezio had to of stolen a bible to of known those verses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh that's right it was one of the main issues fueling the Reformation... ma baaad.

Agentbarto
10-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Those are likely only his conclusions based on what he's seen the apple can do. It's quite probable that Jesus used the PoE's, especially since he had so many of them, but there's still a possibility that the rest of his story holds at the very least some truth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We must also remember that proper use of the apple is possible only for those who can control the influx of information (those who lack the neurotransmitters) which was a genetic trait that some Assassins and Templars inherited directly from the ancestors of The First Civilization.

LightRey
10-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Those are likely only his conclusions based on what he's seen the apple can do. It's quite probable that Jesus used the PoE's, especially since he had so many of them, but there's still a possibility that the rest of his story holds at the very least some truth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We must also remember that proper use of the apple is possible only for those who can control the influx of information (those who lack the neurotransmitters) which was a genetic trait that some Assassins and Templars inherited directly from the ancestors of The First Civilization. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very true. Jesus was at the very least a special guy.