PDA

View Full Version : Flying the AR-234 - Potential Problem?

Comrade_Sasha
05-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi- I've been trying to learn the quirks of the '234 since loading up IL1946; I've noticed ONE big glaring problem I hope someone has an answer for:

TRIM

I've tried with both loaded and unloaded planes, but with both I experience a VERY pronounced nose-down attitude. With elevator trim to neutral, full back-pressure on the stick is required just to keep it somewhat level- leaving very little wiggle room for climbing. I can dial in elvator trim, but even at full trim I'm STILL negative and have to fight the thing to keep it in the air. If I try with an unloaded ship, it's just the same- full up trim and fighting the stick for almost-level flight. Invariably I'll have to try and climb over some normally negligible terrain feature and sadly most of the time I'm screwed.

(And yes, I've made sure I was topped 100% with fuel to eliminate any possible fore-and-aft balance issues, if it's modelled that way.)

What gives? Has anyone else found this to be the case- and if so, did you find a fix for it? Or is it a 'glitch' that will require developer attention, if they can get to it?

dbillo
05-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I have only found this to be the case right after takeoff, when airspeed is still low. It was not pronounced enough to prevent a gentle climbout, and once the airspeed picks up, the trim seemed to work normally.

Are you using full throttle on takeoff, and thus getting the benefit of the RATO?

berg417448
05-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Starting in QMB I noticed it is nose heavy at lower speeds. Once the speed builds up a bit the trim seems to be much better.

flyingloon
05-01-2007, 10:03 AM
as in GD - getting off the ground fully loaded with 1000kg and 2 500kg bombs(is that right) and full load of fuel no problem, although does need a decent run up. keep it low, but not so low you hit stuff obviously, and level whilst you build up speed before climbing.

KG26_Oranje
05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Dont know waht u do.

Buht i have n.p. , out of the box the Arado fly normal as i have used to the ahter bombers.
No trimming needed to start , clim and gaine speed , onloaded or loaded to 100%.
Its only a slow climer loaded.
On level bombing it stay`s on alt when level stabalizer is on.
And after droping bombs it dont need to adjust to heavy , its like the he111 only faster lol.
S! I/KG26_Oranje