PDA

View Full Version : P-38 Elevator Bug? Some one look @ this who knows the P-38 well.

Copperhead310th
10-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Ok so i'm painting a new skin for the p-38 L.
i stop after a while to test it in game and make corrections. So i fire up a server and
select the skin i'm working on to see what needs to be done next.

when i notice my evevator trim looks awful funny. it's trimmed positive. I normally do fool around with the trim that much...and i had been wondering why the p-38 wanted to leap into the air and always has such poor negative elevator response. So i check my in game contols for my Elevator trim hot keys and
begin to set my trim to a more neutral
position. I start goping back ove rthe paint when i notice that the elevator...which i had just trimed neutral no more than 1 min before has moved back into the same postion it was in BEFORE i adjusted it! so i'm like WTF?! so i adjust it again. and it returns right bach to were i had adjusted it before. i repeat this many time and it always does the same dame thing. What Gives?

Is it my stick? My settings? or is this some kind of bug? has anyone else noticed this?
try it and see if it does the same thing for other ppl. i'm just wondering if it's me or if it is a bug.

see screenie below:
http://invisionfree.com/forums/310th_VFBG/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=870937

Copperhead310th
10-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Ok so i'm painting a new skin for the p-38 L.
i stop after a while to test it in game and make corrections. So i fire up a server and
select the skin i'm working on to see what needs to be done next.

when i notice my evevator trim looks awful funny. it's trimmed positive. I normally do fool around with the trim that much...and i had been wondering why the p-38 wanted to leap into the air and always has such poor negative elevator response. So i check my in game contols for my Elevator trim hot keys and
begin to set my trim to a more neutral
position. I start goping back ove rthe paint when i notice that the elevator...which i had just trimed neutral no more than 1 min before has moved back into the same postion it was in BEFORE i adjusted it! so i'm like WTF?! so i adjust it again. and it returns right bach to were i had adjusted it before. i repeat this many time and it always does the same dame thing. What Gives?

Is it my stick? My settings? or is this some kind of bug? has anyone else noticed this?
try it and see if it does the same thing for other ppl. i'm just wondering if it's me or if it is a bug.

see screenie below:
http://invisionfree.com/forums/310th_VFBG/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=870937

WhiskeyBravo
10-08-2004, 03:52 AM
Have you tried recalibrating your stick?

I had a similar problem with the P47 rudder in a recent offline campaign. Stick recalibration sorted it.

Good luck,

WB.

WWMaxGunz
10-08-2004, 05:51 AM
If you trim down, does the nose go down? If so then the glitch is only graphic.
There is also a settable button for neutral trim. if you trim with a dial or
other non-key method then set that center and hit the neutral trim to calibrate.

Neal

Copperhead310th
10-08-2004, 01:53 PM
just clibreated my stick 2 days ago.

All of my trin functions are on keys.

i'll have to check and see if the nose goes down. this was all done while sitting on the ground.

Extreme_One
10-09-2004, 04:56 AM
I bet you've got elevator trim mapped to a mouse-wheel...

It ain't a good idea if you use external views.
It seems that when you're in external view mode and you move the mouse (not the wheel) it affects the wheel-axis mapping.

I had flaps mapped to the wheel and they kept moving on their own! (or so I thought)

If you haven't got trim on your mouse wheel.... Dunno!

Atomic_Marten
10-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Mouse wheel map assignment (I assign it to elevator trim) is weird. I was flying Fw190 and wanted to look around my pit and suddenly bird is take extreme nose up like I was pulled my joystick to the max. Once I moved my mouse it seems that I have actually 'awake' mouse wheel state -- like I pressed button "elevator trim up" for over 20 times. I almost crashed, tryin' to recover from nasty low alt spin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Foo.bar
10-09-2004, 09:47 AM
i know another P-38 bug:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_files/photo_albums/1/9/4/1941004822/3741004822_DFAF19CEA1175D5AA96BF04DB630A309.jpg

TAGERT.
10-09-2004, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Foo.bar:
i know another P-38 bug:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_files/photo_albums/1/9/4/1941004822/3741004822_DFAF19CEA1175D5AA96BF04DB630A309.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Forget about those condensation trails... Someone should report those red line and yellow arrow and white line bugs!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Korolov
10-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Just tested it myself, the elevator appeared normal. At maximum positive or negative trim, the elevator moved all the way up or down, and wouldn't go any farther, nor did it jump back to neutral.

Copperhead310th
10-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Mine is STILL doing it. i don't have it maped to a mouse and i almost never fly with exteranal any more. Every time i trim it down
it goes right back up.

Extreme_One
10-10-2004, 04:05 AM
What key is mapped to elevator trim?
Are you sure your joystick software isn't interfering - ie. has a key assigned to it that you're using elsewhere?
Is your keyboard faulty?

Just throwing ideas at you now - you've probably eliminated them already but otherwise I'm stumped!

VMF513_Sandman
10-10-2004, 08:16 AM
if it's possible to put elevator trim on the mouse, how? i tried at 1 point to map it to like an axis, but it wouldnt take

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2004, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VMF513_Sandman:
if it's possible to put elevator trim on the mouse, how? i tried at 1 point to map it to like an axis, but it wouldnt take <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

in HOTAS, right down at the bottom of CONTROLS.
Need to have a mousewheel though.

One can set their flaps to the wheel/ dial or slider as well. Is it a cheat?

VMF513_Sandman
10-10-2004, 08:38 AM
i have a wheel on the mouse, but when i tried that, it wouldnt go. or is there a diff way of doing it. that probably would make it easier to dial in exact trim

Copperhead310th
10-11-2004, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Extreme_One:
What key is mapped to elevator trim?
Are you sure your joystick software isn't interfering - ie. has a key assigned to it that you're using elsewhere?
Is your keyboard faulty?

Just throwing ideas at you now - you've probably eliminated them already but otherwise I'm stumped! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep i'm posative. i ve cheched every thing 4 times.