PDA

View Full Version : 37mm in IL-2.... good times.

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Remember when you fired the P-39s, the Yaks, or the Laggs 37mm at ground targets, and you would see a red flash and see the blast wave radiate away from the hit.

That is one thing that I miss about IL-2, that alown was reason enough to vultch.... <sigh>

Anyone remember if the M108 shells had the same effect?

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Remember when you fired the P-39s, the Yaks, or the Laggs 37mm at ground targets, and you would see a red flash and see the blast wave radiate away from the hit.

That is one thing that I miss about IL-2, that alown was reason enough to vultch.... <sigh>

Anyone remember if the M108 shells had the same effect?

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:26 PM
I don't know about the other planes, but w/ the 39 the shells are now HE, instead of AP. That may be the difference.

<center> http://www.4yourfuture.net/handshake.gif

"Altitude, speed, maneuver, fire!"-The "formula of Terror" of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, Three times awarded the rank of Hero of the Soviet Union

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:27 PM
With the 30mm in IL-2 when you shot a plane in the air, it would be like normal bullets but beefy, unless you hit a critical area of the plane then, you see a black smoke puff and unless they are darn luckey its a one hit kill. With the exceptions of La5's, its just luck if its a 1 hit kill with the 30mm with them.

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:28 PM
I really miss seeing a 37 hit a wing, and keep going through then, snap the wing flys off after going through it. Just snapped right off I loved that.

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:53 PM
I agree with you guys about the air to air hits, and I am sure that will be fixed,

But I was mostly just thinking about the FX that the big shells had when they hit the ground.

In Forgotten battles only ground hits from the Ju-87G-1's 37mm cannons have that explosion eye-candy linked to the ground strikes. It used to be on all the big guns, and I think the 30mm shells also.

It isn't a bug. Just a nice visual touch that I miss. But nothing that would keep me from playing.