PDA

View Full Version : The notepad stopwatch

Twelvefield
05-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I am trying out Wazzoo's full-realism tutorial, and he gives a really cool method for calculating a target's speed through charting. He claims it works better than using the notepad stopwatch, and I can't argue, because I can't get the notepad stopwatch to work at all.

I am talking about the orange stopwatch icon on the speed page of the periscope notepad, with the picture of the two battleships and the eyeball under the triangle. I press the orange icon and the stopwatch starts, I press it again and the stopwatch stops, but I can't figure out how to enter the speed value in the chart -- I click on the area for speed, and nothing happens.

con20or
05-07-2005, 01:09 PM
you have to have the ship that you are trying to find the speed for locked on in your periscope view, and u have to have the range and AOB found prior to the speed. then you have to leave the stopwatch go for at least 10 seconds and it will give u the speed.

Ps. You cant be turning either while you are doing that or else it will tell you the target is going 5000Knotts etc.