PDA

View Full Version : actually finishing a training mission

jhorne125
06-28-2007, 10:59 AM
ok, so i can take off, navigate, and even land on the island! comming to a full and complete stop is even a challenge i can beat!

so how do i cause the mission to end? its much to dangerous for me to try to get my plane moving again (hehe)

thanks,

Crash_Moses
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Welcome!

Just hit ESC and then QUIT MISSION. If you're in a campaign and you've met the conditions for success hit APPLY. If you're on-line then hit REFLY.

S!

Zeus-cat
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Download and install my Straight From the Farm campaign. I tell you how to handle the basics of landings, takeoffs and what functions you need to map to play the game. I even tell you how to end missions and that kind of stuff. Complete installation instructions are included. Just follow the link below.

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by jhorne125:
ok, so i can take off, navigate, and even land on the island! comming to a full and complete stop is even a challenge i can beat!

so how do i cause the mission to end? its much to dangerous for me to try to get my plane moving again (hehe)

thanks,

What's the campaign?

jhorne125
07-04-2007, 07:57 AM
not even a compaign yet, i really only flied US carrier take off, and US carrier landing. i can finally take off in the F4U fairly well, i was finally able to dial in the perfect elevator pitch for me.

so what is supposed to happen when you get the plane on the ground? "congrates, mission completed" or something like that?

and i must have done 100 carrier landing runs last night, ive been comming in too hot at like 170-180 knots, and i keep banging up my props, but i did make several landings i could have walked away from (not that i wouldnt have to do some explaining about why the props were shaped like the cowl). heh, but i also crashed about 80 times too tho. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Crash_Moses
07-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Practice makes perfect! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

In some missions you'll get a 'mission accomplished' message. Sometimes it's when you land and sometimes it's when you complete certain objectives...it's up to whoever made the mission.

Regardless, hitting ESC, end mission, and apply (if that option is available...usually in a campaign) is the only way to end the mission. You won't see a special message.

Zeus-cat
07-04-2007, 09:03 AM
170-180 knots is way too hot. TRy my training campaign "Straight From the Farm". I show you how to land at slower speeds.

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by jhorne125:

so what is supposed to happen when you get the plane on the ground? "congrates, mission completed" or something like that?

the most you'll get is "Mission Complete", if the Primary Goal of the mission is met (that requires one to have been set in the first place, which isn;t always the case, it is not a mission building requirement)

You may also see "Secondary" and "Hidden" "target complete" messages

The sim is set up to not shut down and automatically end a mission, so that you may continue to fly and fight after the Primary Goal is met. The only way a mission ends is if:

1 You are "killed" in combat
2 You crash badly enough to "die"
3 You press the "Escape" key