PDA

View Full Version : for what it is...

xcoldzerox
12-09-2010, 07:53 AM
AC has always been a pretty cool single player experience though i never did finish AC2. Didnt really expect AC to have anything at all worth while trying as a multiplayer BUT i was wrong.

It is actually pretty good, it's not a top notch multiplayer experience but i dont think they focused that hard on the multiplayer side, if this was to sell as a multiplayer i recon it could be even better >.<

Few annoying things would be:

* the people that sprint everywhere just to get kills

* hunted players that sprint round n round the edge of the map on buildings rather than being sneaky n earning points for the team.

* the distance assassinations can be pulled off at with X, also if you jump to the floor in a chase the 'target' has to recover from the roll or stumble but the hunter can just press X n insta recover and kill.

anyway they are some of the small annoying things that could easily be patched up! i havent found anything game breakingly bad!

well yeah just thought i'd say that i am pretty impressed! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DarkicoN14
12-09-2010, 07:55 AM
trust me these are everyones complaints (exept the runners) i dont care if somebody payed 60 $ for a game play it the way its supposed to be played...

xcoldzerox
12-09-2010, 08:01 AM
i thought most people might have a similar feeling towards some of those listed above.

tbh thats more the people playing than the game i guess =\ but getting a kill is a little bit too easy, i know it takes bit more patience and skill to get a good kill but some are still pretty easy to do.

Trie215
12-09-2010, 08:07 AM
The people running and or roofing will never stop, its just how some people play. I've seen people do really well with a smart style of running and roofing, but more often then not, they wind up being killed or limiting their points earned.

That being said, I think the MP was a pretty strong if not the main selling point for this game. All the ads and cover art are of the MP characters.

There are certain aspects of the MP that leave me a little curious too, but i can only imagine the difficulties in its development. No one has ever done something like this before, and it really shows how much they did put into it. The balancing of this game must be hard to pull off, and I do think its pretty balanced.

I love the MP and was floored on my first matches, and honestly havn't even gotten passed the first Desmond sequence in the SP!

Although I love the MP in ACB, i do sometimes feel like its just this HUGE beta for the AC3 MP, assuming they include MP. And that, will be truly spectacular.

xcoldzerox
12-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Although I love the MP in ACB, i do sometimes feel like its just this HUGE beta for the AC3 MP, assuming they include MP. And that, will be truly spectacular.

That is what i was thinking. If AC3 has mp it's bound to be an improvement with the feedback they get from this one!

xcoldzerox
12-09-2010, 09:27 AM
i have just noticed if you are being chased when the game ends, the ticking noise from escape counter keeps going in the lobby.

not sure what happened just now either...i was in a game and my compas said the target was near me but it wasnt bright so they werent in sight? there was only 1 person near by that looked like the target then suddenly smoke came out from that person....no animation throw it, they also stunned me exactly the same time and vanished.

so why were they not in sight even though they were? how did he smoke stun and vanishc all in one? he did it several times through the few games i played with him.

Trie215
12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Hmm, could they maybe have been hiding in a haystack? If they are, they wont appear to be in line of sight, and they can still throw smoke bombs while in a haystack.

Otherwise it could just be glitchy.

papartusedmcrsk
12-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Trie215

Your sig pic is amazing.

Trie215
12-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:
Trie215

Your sig pic is amazing.

Thanks man!

I made it yesterday.

Lithos2009
12-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by xcoldzerox:
i have just noticed if you are being chased when the game ends, the ticking noise from escape counter keeps going in the lobby.

not sure what happened just now either...i was in a game and my compas said the target was near me but it wasnt bright so they werent in sight? there was only 1 person near by that looked like the target then suddenly smoke came out from that person....no animation throw it, they also stunned me exactly the same time and vanished.

so why were they not in sight even though they were? how did he smoke stun and vanishc all in one? he did it several times through the few games i played with him.

Yeah, I noticed the noise. ANNOYING!

About the other thing: I'd blame it on lag. Your target was probably behind a wall or something like that, and came all the way up to you before the server updated you on their position.

Trie215, kudos for the sig. It is indeed amazing. I get a Bioshock vibe from it... Is it the font or am I high?

Trie215
12-09-2010, 11:07 AM
No, there is def a bioshock vibe. Im a bit of a bioshock fanboy. It is the font/advertisement feel/glowing syringe.

So, no, you're not high, just highly observant :P

On Topic: I have been noticing more glitches since the update, not to mention i dont win nearly as often now im placed in matches with all higher levels.

BluePanda559
12-09-2010, 11:55 AM
there are literally no issues with the game that desparately need patching, although the black hole is still huge.

Only real issue I have had is people lag-switch dodging assassinations, the same guy dodged my assassination then stunned me twice, the second time he dodged three times in a row http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Also I got stuck in a wall once on castel gandolfo, but that's another story..

Trie215
12-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Are lag switches used that often?

I'm not doubting you, I just heard about them a couple of months ago and i just dont get it.

I mean i get how its used, but it just seems so silly, so do people actually use them more than i may think?

TheRighteousOne
12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately you can make a great game but it is ultimately limited by those who play it. One thing I'll add to the OP's list of annoying things is people who steal poison kills. Particularly if they start a chase or use a gun to do so. Since your complaints are mostly geared towards the players, find a group of friends who will play smart and always have one or two of them on your team.

papartusedmcrsk
12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I must be sadly uneducated.

Every time I see the phrase lag switches my eyes just kinda glaze over that sentence til I read something I actually understand.

MilsurpShooter
12-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Put it this way. What a lag switch does is interrupt your connection in a way that you can control. Look at it this way. You're chasing down a target. Suddenly on your screen he's disappearing, reappearing in random places and then suddenly he's behind you and you're stunned.

On your screen, what you saw as unpredictable jumping and lagging, on his screen, what he saw was you slow to a stop while he walked up to you, stunned and started walking away.

Pretty much it allows your game machine to run normally and do actions that will hold in the machine until the switch is flipped. Once that switch get's put back to normal, all the stuff that he did on his screen gets sent

papartusedmcrsk
12-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by MilsurpShooter:
Put it this way. What a lag switch does is interrupt your connection in a way that you can control. Look at it this way. You're chasing down a target. Suddenly on your screen he's disappearing, reappearing in random places and then suddenly he's behind you and you're stunned.

On your screen, what you saw as unpredictable jumping and lagging, on his screen, what he saw was you slow to a stop while he walked up to you, stunned and started walking away.

Pretty much it allows your game machine to run normally and do actions that will hold in the machine until the switch is flipped. Once that switch get's put back to normal, all the stuff that he did on his screen gets sent

And people can do this on command to mess with you? That is the impression I was getting when I was reading about people "using lag switches."

MilsurpShooter
12-10-2010, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:
And people can do this on command to mess with you? That is the impression I was getting when I was reading about people "using lag switches."

Yep, many ways to do it, super simple mechanical switches to not so simple installable programs. But some of the most effective ones are in the form of a simple toggle switch. On when they want to gain the upper hand, off while they laugh in the microphone and stun/kill you because they suddenly got behind you lol

obliviondoll
12-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by MilsurpShooter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:

Yep, many ways to do it, super simple mechanical switches to not so simple installable programs. But some of the most effective ones are in the form of a simple toggle switch. On when they want to gain the upper hand, off while they laugh in the microphone and stun/kill you because they suddenly got behind you lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But Lag Switches mess with your router/console, depending on what kind you use, and also in ACB, they make it hard for you to keep track of what's happening in the game, so it'll backfire on a player as often as it helps.

Rainie
12-10-2010, 06:37 AM
So that's what that is, there have been a couple times where I've seen my target jump around weirdly, I was like wtf you can't travel that fast by rooftop...