PDA

View Full Version : Is there any pattern to the way players spawn in?

sukebeboy
03-02-2007, 08:48 AM
I was playing on Warclouds earlier tonight and I was killed 3 times in a row and got my lovely deathkick due to being ploughed into as soon as I spawned in. I can't really understand how the game allocates which spot someone will spawn into. It's not as though I was at a busy airfield. There were only 3 players in total based at the airfield I was using.

JtD
03-02-2007, 09:50 AM
The pattern is specific to each airfield. The spawning points closest to the base symbol will be occupied first, later joiners will start more outward. So if you join, your safest bet is to go away from the base centre since most likely you were the last to join at that base.

However, you may have joined after an early one left and thus occupy a spot close to the centre...

Basically there is no general way to navigate safely on the ground. You'd need to learn every single airfield.

BSS_AIJO
03-02-2007, 09:58 AM
yes there is a pattern.

You will always span in front of the guy who is rolling..

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

At least that seems to be the rule.

BSS_AIJO

SithSpeeder
03-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Four possible workaround solutions.

Three in your control is to notify your team before you spawn in. Like you can "can" a message that says: "Sukeboy about to spawn in--is the spawnpad clear?" and send it right before hitting Fly. A second is to pick a different airfield--in WC they are usually not too far separated. A third is to quit out and re-join as you will typically get assigned a different spawn point.

The fourth solution is educate your mates. Spawn locations are setup as a grid, from best I can tell. I have learned that right after starting my engine(s), I immediately turn off "the grid" at 30 or 60 degrees so as to not cross any grid vertex (i.e., spawn points). If everyone did the same, then the problem would not occur.

Were you and your teammates on comms?

BTW, I agree that the implementation could have been made a bit better, probably with not too much more effort (like spawning folks in so they are not all facing the same direction but at 30 degree offsets in heading).

* _54th_Speeder *

sukebeboy
03-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SithSpeeder:

Were you and your teammates on comms?

* _54th_Speeder *

Some of us were but the times when I play usually see pretty healthy mix of Aussies, Kiwis, Japanese, Korean and European players so language is often a factor.