PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946 startup problem

Mercwolf2
01-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Hi

I loaded the game on Saturday onto my harddrive and when it boots up my keyboard and my mouse do not work. I am able to start the game after I re-insert the cd into the cd drive and run it off the menu that pops up when the cd is inserted. Any help would be appreciated. By the way I also have the older copy of the other programs and feel that this is taking up alot of space. Is there anyway of transfering the updates to the older game or my pilots from the old game to the new one?

ericson
01-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Hi I had problems with mine. I find that if I press the windows key and minmise it to the task bar then reopen from task bar by left clicking it works fine. I also found that this disk confused my DVD player so i have had to make sure that does not autoplay.

Krakkers
04-19-2007, 06:32 AM
I get this problem as well,

In addition when I click the Quit button from the main menu or the Apply button from the sounds menu it il2 1946 hangs and the only way out then is to reset my PC.

Any Ideas Welcome

Carella_768
04-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I had the same mouse and keyboard problem, I also had problem when launching the game. I turned out to be a problem with the IL2FB.EXE file (i think some incompatibility with my DVDwriter).
click right on the IL2FB.EXE shortcut and run launch analysis. it will generate a log file.
Send the log file to:
SecuROM Support Team
e-mail: support@securom.com.

you can also check the website
SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com for complete instructions.

They will reply and give you a link to download a new .exe file.
Replace the file in your system.
All problems are fixed now for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . The launch and the navigation inside the game interface are also faster.

For the other question, you can copy the folders "missions"; "PaintSchemes" and "Users" from your old IL2 programs to IL21946. Make sure you made backups of the same IL2 folders before copying though, so you can revert in case of problems.

Hope this helps