PDA

View Full Version : First time online and few Q's

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Well I played once before online against a friend but it was at a LAN so not really online. Last night I go onto ubi and there was like 8 total people on (This is at 2 in the morning) so I'm in a server with like 3 people for a while and I score my first real online kill. Later in the night there were up to 8 people on the server for a a little 4 on 4 action and I shot down a few more people. By the time I logged off I shot down 7 people (some people more then once) and had to bail out in mid hair once cause my plane was on fire from flak and crashed into the ground once cause flak. Most the night I was a LaGG-3 or a Bf-109F-2. It was pretty awesome online I'm gunna keep coming back.

Anyway questions:

1) Do many people usually play on ubi's little thing they go going on? I went into the dogfight room as there was no one else anywhere.

2) On 2 of my kills like I shot up the other guy and he tryed to turn to sharp as we were low to the ground, and he crashed into it in a stall, is that still a kill?

3) Ping on my 56k was like 260, in the 4 on 4 it was the same, is this game very good with netcode or something? Or was it just cause it was late at night I had good ping?

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Well I played once before online against a friend but it was at a LAN so not really online. Last night I go onto ubi and there was like 8 total people on (This is at 2 in the morning) so I'm in a server with like 3 people for a while and I score my first real online kill. Later in the night there were up to 8 people on the server for a a little 4 on 4 action and I shot down a few more people. By the time I logged off I shot down 7 people (some people more then once) and had to bail out in mid hair once cause my plane was on fire from flak and crashed into the ground once cause flak. Most the night I was a LaGG-3 or a Bf-109F-2. It was pretty awesome online I'm gunna keep coming back.

Anyway questions:

1) Do many people usually play on ubi's little thing they go going on? I went into the dogfight room as there was no one else anywhere.

2) On 2 of my kills like I shot up the other guy and he tryed to turn to sharp as we were low to the ground, and he crashed into it in a stall, is that still a kill?

3) Ping on my 56k was like 260, in the 4 on 4 it was the same, is this game very good with netcode or something? Or was it just cause it was late at night I had good ping?

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Why don't you go to like Hyperlobby? There is like alot of people there.

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
Gunther Rall

<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/rall4.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Whats the hyperlobby? And I just counted a kill as when it says "enemy plane destoryed" even though I just shot him up somewhat and he crashed do to stall.

I found it works good if I fly so alt says 0, I'm good at flying really low I do it when I'm bored just offline cause its fun to barly make it over small hills and stuff, I tryed it twice last night when someone was on my six and both times they crashed.

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 09:23 PM
You must be in the original Il2 lobby. There were about 180 playing FB last night.

<center>http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetemp_both/language/www/US/TX/Dallas.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Yeah I'm going to give FB a shot online tonight, I was just doing orginal IL2.

XyZspineZyX
07-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Click on the FAQ at the top of page. It will tell you all you need to know about Hyperlobby, and online flying.

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
Gunther Rall

<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/rall4.jpg