PDA

View Full Version : ps4-xbox720 ac games

lothario-da-be
12-09-2011, 08:21 AM
vote fore the futere of assassins creed!!!

persiateddy95
12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm not buying new consoles in a near future so I hope they're released on PS3, but I'm pretty sure they're releasing it on the PS4 after AC3. Unless they release it on both.

reini03
12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Since I'm probably gonna switch back to PC gaming next year, I don't really care. But I do expect the series to go on on the next gen. Just whether or not they'll develop AC3's successor for those 'new' systems remains to be seen.

YuurHeen
12-09-2011, 10:32 AM
pc

ace3001
12-09-2011, 11:54 AM
After AC3 next year, the series should take a break, and return only in the next gen. ie. Make AC3 the last current gen game.

RzaRecta357
12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah. These consoles are dinosaurs and look terrible compared to modern PC games.

Since it'll only be a year or two, yeah i'd like the next AC game after 3 to be on those.

creedalien
12-09-2011, 12:48 PM
PC is not deserve ac.. i hope ac is stop after ac3.. for years. i really enjoyed all ac but ac1 is the best for me.

SteelCity999
12-09-2011, 01:36 PM
After AC3, AC will not show up again until the next gen consoles. That timetable would make AC a launch title for at least one system if not two.

UrDeviant1
12-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I'f rumors turn out to be true and the next gen consoles release sometime In 2015, that would give a 3 year gap between AC3 and the next gens. This could give the Devs enough time to make another 'fill in game' for 2013 and then perhaps a fully fledged AC4 2 years later on the next gen consoles.

Also I doubt Microsoft will name the console 'Xbox720'. Surely that would Imply they're going round In circles? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

MaKaVeLiTL
12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
I highly doubt the next gen systems will be out in 2015. It's speculated by a lot of people that they will be out late 2013, early 2014. Look at the new Wii, that's out next year.

To answer the original question, as much as I like the Assassins Creed franchise, I think AC3 should be the final game for this generation of consoles. They should take time developing after that to see what they can bring with the new hardware.

lothario-da-be
12-10-2011, 12:00 AM
for graphics on the new consoles,but they will be too expensive and i wont buy 1 in till the price drops under 400 but when they release a special edition on it i cant buy it without having a ps4 (pc is no option)

ace3001
12-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by creedalien:
PC is not deserve ac.. Why? What's your issue with some additional people getting to play AC? Are you jealous that only PC can run AC at 1920x1080 and higher?
And if you're talking **** about a platform, at least do it in a grammatically correct manner.

reini03
12-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creedalien:
PC is not deserve ac.. Why? What's your issue with some additional people getting to play AC? Are you jealous that only PC can run AC at 1920x1080 and higher?
And if you're talking **** about a platform, at least do it in a grammatically correct manner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I totally second that.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Well at least he's in the right platform forum to trash another.
I don't care if people trash a platform as long as they aren't doing it in my platform of choice - that is rudeness.

I've always played on PC & only got my first Xbox last Christmas and I LOVE it.
My problem w/ PC was that I had to keep upgrading it to play newer games that tasked it more and I had XP/VISTA/WIN 7 OS issues where when I had to change, I lost the ability to play previous games that weren't even that old yet.

Plus, anytime I had a computer issue, I also had no game. It just hasn't been cost effective for PC in my case - for others who can afford the serious gaming rigs, GREAT. You're lucky.

ace3001
12-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I don't care if people trash a platform as long as they aren't doing it in my platform of choice - that is rudeness.

My problem w/ PC was that I had to keep upgrading it to play newer games that tasked it more and I had XP/VISTA/WIN 7 OS issues where when I had to change, I lost the ability to play previous games that weren't even that old yet.

Plus, anytime I had a computer issue, I also had no game. It just hasn't been cost effective for PC in my case - for others who can afford the serious gaming rigs, GREAT. You're lucky. Ah, but the console forum is there to discuss the game, not to bash PC, just like the PC forum is not there to bash consoles. You don't see us bashing consoles over at the PC forum, do you?
People like you who need convenience can always use consoles. Doesn't mean using a PC is somehow something beneath that. PC gaming is usually for those who have a more than average interest in technology related to gaming. I wonder whether consolites (referring mainly to the above person who said some **** about deserving, and not you) are just jealous of the fact that PC gamers are on the average more knowledgeable in terms of technology. I can't see any other reason as to why someone would want a category of people to be unable to enjoy something. That's just petty jealousy and selfishness.
/RANT

thekarlone
12-10-2011, 08:57 AM
If the new generation on consoles will be out around 2015, well, it's fine. But I don't want a new generation and new generation games in the next years, I expect a few years more of life for this generation.

I've bought my PS3 less than two years ago, and I'm not gonna to buy a new console until a few years.

Serrachio
12-10-2011, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

Plus, anytime I had a computer issue, I also had no game. It just hasn't been cost effective for PC in my case - for others who can afford the serious gaming rigs, GREAT. You're lucky. Ah, but the console forum is there to discuss the game, not to bash PC, just like the PC forum is not there to bash consoles. You don't see us bashing consoles over at the PC forum, do you?
People like you who need convenience can always use consoles. Doesn't mean using a PC is somehow something beneath that. PC gaming is usually for those who have a more than average interest in technology related to gaming. I wonder whether consolites (referring mainly to the above person who said some **** about deserving, and not you) are just jealous of the fact that PC gamers are on the average more knowledgeable in terms of technology. I can't see any other reason as to why someone would want a category of people to be unable to enjoy something. That's just petty jealousy and selfishness.
/RANT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're the one being petty. I'd say those were pretty valid concerns. Losing games through upgrades shouldn't really happen, considering you're upgrading your PC. You should still be able to run a lower spec game if you happen to have better than average requirements afterwards.

Back on topic though, I feel that unless the newer AC games actually improve on their mechanics when it comes to the releases for the PS4 and Xbox 720, instead of just tacking on new features to pacify players, then I wouldn't mind having it go to the next generation.

ace3001
12-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:

I think you're the one being petty. I'd say those were pretty valid concerns. Losing games through upgrades shouldn't really happen, considering you're upgrading your PC. You should still be able to run a lower spec game if you happen to have better than average requirements afterwards. I'll stop with this post, cause the topic is being derailed, and Mr_Shade would go mad. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Anyway, it seems you did not read my post. I said
People like you who need convenience can always use consoles. Doesn't mean using a PC is somehow something beneath that. PC gaming is usually for those who have a more than average interest in technology related to gaming. for a reason. Tech savvy people will always find a way to make it work. Eg. If an old game doesn't work when I upgrade to Windows 7, I just run XP Mode (No, not compatibility mode set to XP) or god forbid, I can even dual boot.
So such concerns are not valid concerns for those who're really interested in PC gaming. (And may I ask can you run an old Sega Megadrive game on a current gen console? Old games not working when upgraded is a similar situation, only there are workarounds on PC.) And thus, they shouldn't concern consolites who come up with grammatically incorrect phrases such as
PC is not deserve ac.. either, as they don't play on PC. By petty jealousy, I was referring to the person who said that bull****, and not ProdiGurl, like I stated in my post itself.

Now I'll stop here. Sorry for derailing the thread.

Felix1977
12-10-2011, 11:51 AM
PS3 baby

Serrachio
12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I think you're the one being petty. I'd say those were pretty valid concerns. Losing games through upgrades shouldn't really happen, considering you're upgrading your PC. You should still be able to run a lower spec game if you happen to have better than average requirements afterwards. I'll stop with this post, cause the topic is being derailed, and Mr_Shade would go mad. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Anyway, it seems you did not read my post. I said
People like you who need convenience can always use consoles. Doesn't mean using a PC is somehow something beneath that. PC gaming is usually for those who have a more than average interest in technology related to gaming. for a reason. Tech savvy people will always find a way to make it work. Eg. If an old game doesn't work when I upgrade to Windows 7, I just run XP Mode (No, not compatibility mode set to XP) or god forbid, I can even dual boot.
So such concerns are not valid concerns for those who're really interested in PC gaming. (And may I ask can you run an old Sega Megadrive game on a current gen console? Old games not working when upgraded is a similar situation, only there are workarounds on PC.) And thus, they shouldn't concern consolites who come up with grammatically incorrect phrases such as
PC is not deserve ac.. either, as they don't play on PC. By petty jealousy, I was referring to the person who said that bull****, and not ProdiGurl, like I stated in my post itself.

Now I'll stop here. Sorry for derailing the thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for adding to this, but I wasn't really referring to the games on PC when I mentioned "petty", seeing as I can't really talk from any experience.

I know workarounds exist.

I guess it was more of how you accused (not using the word to be confrontational) someone of thinking that PC was "beneath them", and then how you kept saying that they were jealous etc.

To be fair, I know that they said it wasn't deserving and all, but coming out with the sort of stuff that you did doesn't paint PC gamers in a positive light.