PDA

View Full Version : AEP Installation Problem

Tokkelosh
11-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Can anyone please help.
I can for the life of me not get my Ace Expansion Pack to regognise my IFB folder to install !
I have uninstalled, and re-installed numerous times to no effect.
Thanks,
Martin

Tokkelosh
11-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Can anyone please help.
I can for the life of me not get my Ace Expansion Pack to regognise my IFB folder to install !
I have uninstalled, and re-installed numerous times to no effect.
Thanks,
Martin

B16Enk
11-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Hi and welcome to the community http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So when the CD auto-runs it only gives you an option to do the stand-alone install?

You state that you have un-installed and re-installed - is this PF only or have you also tried re-installing FB+AEP as recommended in this forum?

You are aware that it will only merge when the Aces Expansion Pack is installed, and you do have that?

SlickStick
11-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Hiya B16Enk, I think he's only trying to install AEP over FB, from his initial post.

Martin, here is an excerpt from the Community FAQ located here: http://www.airwarfare.com/sturmovik_101/faq_index.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Installation of FB1.0 + the Aces Expansion Pack ; and the error "IL2 Forgotten Battes not installed

Regarding Installation of FB1.0 + the Aces Expansion Pack ; and the error "IL2 Forgotten Battes not installed":

Make sure when you load FB1.0 *no need to add the patches by the way!*, that you utilize its AUTORUN function. This will set the appropriate "language" key in your FB1.0 installation. If you have AUTORUN capabilities turned off (either by choice or error) then just browse your cdrom drive in using your windows explorer and click on the cdrom drive. That should start the AUTORUN procedure.

Barring that, you may manually edit your registry to include the correct language by following this thread:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=007823#000000

You run regedit at your own risk. Try the process of using autorun off your fb 1.0 disk for starters to let it set the language appropriately to start with.

Once you've confirmed the language key is present and set appropriatly, your AEP install will work properly. Your AEP should autorun appropriately based upon your language key being set properly now. Barring that, setup.exe will work now without the error as long as the key is properly set.

NOTE: The instructions linked above are for the US_ENGLISH version of FB1.0 and AEP. You will have to get with a co-located owner of FB1.0 and AEP to understand the registry entries for your language install!!

MurdockSC <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, don't forget to apply Patch V2.01, then V2.04 to make all planes available.

Tokkelosh
11-17-2004, 02:40 AM
Gents, Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.
Thank you also for the generous manner in which
you guys were prepared to so readily assist with the above problem.
The string posted On SimHQ by Murdock ( creating the language value )did the trick.
I now have PF+FB+AEP, including latest patches installed and running smoothly !
Thank you all once more.
Regards,
Martin van den Berg
Pretoria
South Africa