PDA

View Full Version : My small petition to Oleg: Take off in Quick Mission Builder

CapStratos
05-14-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm asking for a option that lat you take off from an airbase in Quick mission builder. Now you can select different altitudes, so why not add 0m as an altitude to let you take off?? That will make QMB more interesting, You don't like it? Dont't select it, you like it? Select it and take off.
That's my small petition

carguy_
05-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Do you know that you can always build your own QMB in Full Mission Builder?Just select a map,insert two aircraft,maybe a few waypoints on airfields and save mission.Voila!

TAGERT.
05-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by CapStratos:
I'm asking for a option that lat you take off from an airbase in Quick mission builder. Now you can select different altitudes, so why not add 0m as an altitude to let you take off?? That will make QMB more interesting, You don't like it? Dont't select it, you like it? Select it and take off.
That's my small petition So, would he have to change the name from QUICK mission builder to Sortaquick, or Kindahquick, or Quickerthanmost mission builder?

Hptm.Keule
05-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Good idea...but the quick missions would not be already "quick"...You should have to take off, and after this, You will have to search the air enemy...This is not Quick mission by this way...

Covino
05-14-2005, 09:38 AM
If you just wanna takeoff in a plane, go MP, create new game, select mission, base, plane, etc. and you're good to go.

CapStratos
05-14-2005, 09:41 AM
You don't want to take off, search the enemy... simply let the altitude different to zero, that's easy to do!! Simply is add a feature not to erase anything!! Want a most realiostic mission, take off, search the enemy..., want a quick mission, put a altitude raging from 100 to 10.000m and fly!

Retrofish
05-14-2005, 11:06 AM
I certainly would not mind an option to start on runway in the QMB. I doubt we will ever see it added though.

There are third party utillities that can do much more than the built-in QMB.

UQMG (http://www.uberdemon.com/)

LEXX_Luthor
05-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Flight sims need a Quick Trainer mission selectable in the opening game menu. This is for the Newbie to flight simming, and also assumes historically relevant Flyable Trainer aircraft.

Quick Trainer Mission (QTM) should include both Air~Start and Take~Off options, and the game menu should attract the Newbie's attention to the QTM. The Newbie can practice basic flying from Air~Start which simulates ithe instructor taking off and landin, then later can practice taking off and landing. Newbie flight simmers are best served with a QTM that allows takeoff to be selected.

When the Newbie advances to the fps shooter dogfighter planes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif he/she will not need any Quick takeoff anymore. Quick Take~Off missions are needed, but mostly for Newbies new to flight simming.

Bearcat99
05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
HELLO!!!!

UBER QUICK!!!!!

Hit the essentials link in my sig... go to the link for Uberdemon's software, hit it, download the UQMG. Full mission builder power with quick mission ease. Takes @ 3 minutes to install... @ 30 to 60 minutes to go through the readme and fool with it... depending on how well you can learn a new piece of software (simple as it is). Problem solved.

CapStratos
05-15-2005, 07:36 AM
It can make a nice service for Trining, specially in hard to take off planes like the P-40 or the 109, I always have lots of problems when trying to elevate a P-40 from the ground

VW-IceFire
05-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Is everything a petition? Do you guys even know what that word means anymore?

The FMB gives you all the control you want...it takes maybe a day to get the basics and a week to become an expert at it. Its really quite that robust and simple to use...QMB is just to provide a simple matchup.

I'm all for the adding of features and the like but I think this suggestion is a lower priority one...as there are other options available to us. If we didn't have those, I'd be all over it.

CapStratos
05-16-2005, 08:30 AM
You are tright is a low priority affair but is for sure very quick of add, I'm not asking for a full plane or carrier... Simply add another altitude to QMB!

LEXX_Luthor
05-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Ice, yes FMB is *super* but I was thinking something for the Newbie flight simmer. Learning to take off and land from a QTM (Quick Training Mission) using historically relevant Flyable Trainer aircraft. They need to put this in big splash at game menu, so the Newbie won't miss it. If the Trainer Missions are done well with Extreme immersion...including having giant "bristol bulldog" clouds that Australian Air Commodores flew loops through...even the bored bitter Old Timer Noobs would use the QTM long after they buy the sim.

IceFire::
The FMB gives you all the control you want...it takes maybe a day to get the basics and a week to become an expert at it. Its really quite that robust and simple to use...QMB is just to provide a simple matchup.

BfHeFwMe
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
A better and quicker solution might be to add a drop box menu on the QMB that allows you to select a prebuilt or saved mission and run it even if it's on a different map. Limiting the mission to the same amount of flights allows use of the QMB to adjust plane types.

Than you could build your own custom maps and action as you wish.