PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Sanctuary mission?

MrSmileyy
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I breezed through the other three like nothing. Started 4th map and took it by the reigns very quickly sending a guy over the sea with a boat to take all the resources/gold there while Irina quickly cleared mainland building my city up in record time. Took the town from demons converted and did same, I could not have built these two towns up faster than I did. Yet I am under constant attack by 2 npc's one has double my numbers, the second has literally quadruple.

Anyone done this mission? How on earth am I supposed to deal with this? I've tried holing up in my town building fortifications, everything he just has SO MANY I cant beat him, I could start over but the hell could I possibly do better? I built those cities up freakishly fast there is no reason I should be so horribly outnumbered.

shop4A98B0C7F
10-19-2011, 05:26 PM
There are TWO major things you can do to get a big lead, you can send your secondary hero into the nearest whirlpool (go into a few times intill it throws you out above the wolfs base) to the north east portion of the map to engage the units there that almost 100% join you free of charge. They love you.

And there is a quest north east of your starting base that will grab you a new base, I do not know if it counts against the quest as tears as they willingly join your faction for destroying all the demons at the lighthouse to the south, but I somehow didn't get credit for it when I finished the mission. I believe it's because I took a town the red guys took from me.

As for defense GET THE ******* WATER GLOBE!!! So usefull.... Only on your towns at the highest risk of being taken.... Everything else should have challenger building.

shop4A98B0C7F
10-19-2011, 05:45 PM
As magic, mass celestial armor works wonders for retaining troops. Water elemental is fairly good for blocking ranged.

Zhjaeve
10-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Hm, not having any troubles with this one so far. Maybe your hero spec? My Irina is almost full Light magic with some Earth and Prime. With the Phoenix summon egg from previous mission, combined with Light Elementals summon, I was clearing out every nearby hostile nonstop, using the 2nd hero you begin with to pick up all the goodies.

As soon as I could afford it (damn 3rd hero cost 13000g) I hired a guy to start sailing the waters picking up every flotsam and chest, this really helped build up the town.

Cleared most of the area around main town, passed through the border and slapped the demon hero/town there very easily. Cleared everything around that town and flagged all the mines.

Then I did as others suggested and sent my main hero through the whirlpool to the hidden northeast island. Not sure why, but not all of them would join me. Some were passive but I could only attack. I got some kappas, sharks, and the kenseis, but had to kill one stack of kenseis and the snow maidens. Ah well.

With that I was able to beat the demon army guarding the entrance to the volcanic region. It looked iffy, and I saved my game, but I caught the enemy hero as he was out picking up goodies. He rated "High" danger to me, but I could reach the town before he would and the town was "Trivial". He actually gated back but decided to walk out a few squares, so I just ran past him and conquered it, built the last fortress upgrade and used his own castle to defend against him. That fight was rough, I ran oom from 600+ mana including a few mana potions chugged. I lost most of my priestesses from their hero + ranged units but that was it - Kenseis sitting in the open gateway with stoneskin, regen, and the light retaliation ability that reflects damage on ALL enemy stacks wore down their melee units. Rest of my units behind the ramparts killed every gate he summoned.

His town had almost everything built except upgraded champion building, so it was a huge boost

After that, cake. well, I did get slaughtered in my bravado by trying to kill the breeder queen right away...but uh...reload. in fact my biggest real problem on this map is the sheer amount of recruitable creatures compared to my damn income!

ImmaGaming
10-20-2011, 12:24 AM
can you all share with me how you all got past the 3rd mission cuz i'm having a hard time with the quest to capture and convert the cities.

what i mean is, i have already captured and converted the 3 cities (necro and 2 orcs) but the quest log says 2/4 captured/converted. am i missing something? is there an order to capture/convert the cities? pls help. thx.

ShardofTruth
10-21-2011, 07:19 PM
And there is a quest north east of your starting base that will grab you a new base, I do not know if it counts against the quest as tears as they willingly join your faction for destroying all the demons at the lighthouse to the south, but I somehow didn't get credit for it when I finished the mission. I believe it's because I took a town the red guys took from me.

After completing the quest (I think it's called Beacon of Hope) the other quest with the "dont-take-ours-cities"-objective failed. Why can't I complete one tear quest without failing another tear quest? Is this a bug?

forgottenwolf
10-21-2011, 11:09 PM
there is a quest witht he lighthouse? i cleared that like the first week without picking up any quest....

ShardofTruth
10-22-2011, 03:54 AM
You can get the quest from the guy at the first city northeast of your starting position.

Gtorn
10-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Through the Sanctuary campaigns, anyone run into an Upgrade Creature bug?

The bug was I would click on the upgrade creature arrow, lose gold, and then the upgradeable stack returned to its original form.

I had to reload an earlier save, log out, restart game, then the bug went away.

Other then the bugs, I have been cruising through the campaign. I did try adding Blizzard, Ice Bolt, Water I & II because of the Water/Air affinity bonus's, but the spell damage is woefully underwhelming.

I made another post about leveling Irina up to 14 from level 13 and comparing the numbers of the spells.

Its clear that Light Magic has a greater increase in its numbers, per level and magic power, compared to Water and Earth. I still added Regen, Mass Regen. The easiest way through this campaign is clear. Light Magic, Regens, other buffs and debuffs as preferred. Its useless to get any Water Spells for damage. You spend all your time healing, regeneration, and celestial armor.

Very boring and near sighted that one way is advantageous to completing the campaign. You may try and be successful with other specialization sets, but I would be hard pressed to believe it wouldnt be a head ache to do so.

harusame-
10-22-2011, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by MrSmileyy:
I breezed through the other three like nothing. Started 4th map and took it by the reigns very quickly sending a guy over the sea with a boat to take all the resources/gold there while Irina quickly cleared mainland building my city up in record time. Took the town from demons converted and did same, I could not have built these two towns up faster than I did. Yet I am under constant attack by 2 npc's one has double my numbers, the second has literally quadruple.

Anyone done this mission? How on earth am I supposed to deal with this? I've tried holing up in my town building fortifications, everything he just has SO MANY I cant beat him, I could start over but the hell could I possibly do better? I built those cities up freakishly fast there is no reason I should be so horribly outnumbered.
hi there,

you should not conquer the demon towns in the upper and middle area of the map too fast though
finish the beacon of hope quest first, and get that haven town. Let the haven and demon fight against each other.

now the trick is do not build too many creature dwellings, you will hurt your economy by doing that. You just need to focus in some (irina is magic), and mass those creatures as fast as you can.

anyway, sanctuary is pretty much straight forward faction. Endure, endure, endure until your enemy dies. You must have adequate amount of mizukami to absorb all damage so you do not die in a turn
Then you must have enough priestess to heal your mizukami in every turn
And ofc, aura of retribution and regen. Yuki-onna is optional, for their frozen caress
It is possible to kill even much more stronger troops, since the harder they hit, the faster they will die

Now after having enough meatshield and healers, you can start by killing nebiros (the demon overlord) located on the upper map (volcano theme), then you can kill get the upper town and evetually middle town as well. You could even attack haven towns if you do not care about the secondary mission.

Now the thing is, you need to kill the breeder queen inside the volcano located in the upper map. Only then you can proceed to gerhart.

i hope it helps