PDA

View Full Version : Latest Patch Problems

skubidoobie
06-23-2007, 11:37 PM
So I downloaded the latest R6V patch and now I can't play the game. Most of the time I can't even get past the first screen, it won't fully load (text stays greyed out and doesn't always show up). Anyone else having this issue? If I can get it to load the game play is horribly laggy even with settings turned down.
My setup is s939 X2 4800+ @2.71Ghz 2X evga 7950GT KO Superclocked in SLI (driver version 93.71), XP Pro x64, 2GB OCZ Platinum XTC, Thermaltake ToughPower 850W psu, 4X 320GB SATA2 WD drives in RAID5. Absolutely annoying!

Trashman_DDS
06-23-2007, 11:56 PM
I can only suggest to re install the game and let the game download the patch.

Nice machine!

T

skubidoobie
06-24-2007, 12:31 AM
This is the second time having to uninstall and reinstall the game, first time was because of a hdd failure in my RAID5 setup, game had issues after rebuilding the array.
So no luck there, just as bad as before. When trying to join a multiplayer match, I can get into it, but then it pretty much locks up the game, I can't even get my mouse pointer on ready it's so laggy. The game stops utilizing my cpu there, it's weird. Just can't figure it out.

skubidoobie
06-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Ok, had to uninstall my nvidia drivers and reinstall them. Everything is back to normal again thankfully. Realized it was a problem with drivers when I tried to go to my nvidia control panel from my taskbar icon and it shut off my pc lol. Don't know why that patch fudged my drivers. Better get used to it because the new rig I'm building is gonna run Vista. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif