PDA

View Full Version : When will this game come?

Cazan.
06-13-2020, 08:57 AM
When will this game come? Its now 6 month in year 2020 and still no game.

z_law
06-13-2020, 11:45 AM
At this point it would be a good bit of fan service to at least manage our expectations.
I'm not alone in the fact i have had this pre-ordered for quite a while and the least you could do is say sorry were at least 3 months or 6 months away.
Any longer than that then frankly you should not have allowed Epic to take pre-orders.

leckig
06-13-2020, 04:14 PM
They should offer refunds.

Another example why we should not pre-order. Ever.

m_TG
06-16-2020, 07:59 PM
This is ridiculous. I bought the game almost 7 months ago and I don't even have a demo. Shame.

nandopandoh
06-23-2020, 05:18 PM
:nonchalance:

Adagio.81
06-30-2020, 01:17 PM
This is one of the reasons I never pre-order

I know it can be difficult to give an exact date, but anything is better than nothing. Are they expecting this game to be released end of summer? Near Christmas? In 2025?
The lack of communication removes any hype there is for the game. The only thing we see is those posts where they talk about a specific building. There hasn't been any new gameplay videos for a long time
My guess is it will take long time before they are ready for release

lh2203
07-01-2020, 12:50 PM
When will the game be released?
I pre-ordered it in 2018, with it being released in 2019. Then the game was postponed to 2020. And now the release date is still not set? Does this behavior seem normal to you? Any apology or compensation when I've been waiting (and paying) this long? Any beta or something?

LaBlubbAlex
07-02-2020, 11:23 PM
I actually received a refund for this game with no explanation given yesterday. I am rather disappointed since I don't know why the refund was given to me, and if this means the whole game will not be coming out any time soon? Has anybody else received a refund?

Nekfu
07-03-2020, 01:33 AM
Yes my pre-order was also refunded yesterday with no explanation. I see the Ubisoft store now lists the release as 2021 for the "Gold edition" and it no longer has a price.

leckig
07-03-2020, 06:02 AM
The strange thing is that this game was so close to release, like a month or so. And suddenly over a year of additional delay.

m_TG
07-06-2020, 05:34 PM
Yes my pre-order was also refunded yesterday with no explanation. I see the Ubisoft store now lists the release as 2021 for the "Gold edition" and it no longer has a price.

[Conversation with the Support removed]

Since the interactions with support happen on a one-on-one basis, I removed this quote.

As we can’t name a new release window and because there might be changes to some of the features of the game, we judged it was fairer to cancel preorders made on the Ubisoft Store and we advised our partners to do the same.

Cheers,
Ubi-Thorlof

Ove_Haithabu
07-06-2020, 09:27 PM
The strange thing is that this game was so close to release, like a month or so. And suddenly over a year of additional delay.

Maybe Ubisoft had so many preorders that they decided they can put the price up by another EUR 10 or so. That would also explain why everyone got their money back and no new price displayed for now rather than just a delay like the last time. Just point out something in the game, declare it "a new feature which is really like a DLC" and justify the new price with that.

Horus1964
07-09-2020, 11:02 AM
Ich habe mein Geld noch nicht zurück erhalten , Es ist schade das so ein Spiel noch nicht auf dem Markt ist. Ich hatte mir schon ein Loch in den Bauch gefreut, das ich es bald spielen kann. Also meine Frage wann kann ich mit der Rückerstattung rechnen.

Ove_Haithabu
07-09-2020, 10:13 PM
Good that I did not per-purchase. To buy games I use the rewards VISA gift cards we get at work for tax free bonus payments. If I would get a refund there I would no longer have the card a year later, or it's expired and then I can no longer use it anyway.

OlaHaldor
07-23-2020, 08:03 AM
This is only speculation, and I can only guess why the game is delayed further.

It could be the result of COVID-19 and everyone working from home. Things go slower that way.

It could also be a result of the closed test round they have had. Testers may have found so many glaring issues, requirements or wishes that the team have no choice but to take a few steps back in order to push for a better game and meet expectations of the players.

It starts to remind me of the previous Settlers title at this point; it was eventually not branded as a Settlers game but as Heroes of.. something. Forgot the full name.

I was ready to order at launch date despite my thoughts about the price point (as mentioned in a different post). Just gotta wait and see if it’s still a game I’d like to play.

Edit
Actually says so in their latest announcement
“ over the last few months, while performing playtests and diary studies, one thing became clear: while we are on the right path to deliver a great game, we really want to deliver an exceptional gaming experience.”

So the testers have indeed required or wished for change! Which in my interpretation is a good thing; the developers are listening.