PDA

View Full Version : Anno 1503 "culture/race selector"

HUNlevi1990
06-12-2020, 10:20 PM
Dear developers!

Thank you for remastering Anno 1503 and it's expansion. I have some questions:

1.) Can you please add "culture selector" to the game? I mean, in Age of empires I-II for example, the player can select what culture want to start with. In anno 1503 we can only play with Europeans,however there are other races such as: red skins, pirates, eskimo, mongols, etc and each of this have their own building styles.

2.) Another question: will you remaster your game: Dark planet: Battle for natrolis? Or at least release the source code?

Sorry for bad English.

I'm looking forward to your positive response.

Krisztián

dmdilks
06-13-2020, 01:09 PM
You are lucky they remaster any thing in this game. This game is almost 20 yrs old. I can't remember which one it was1602 or 1503. But they did a update for the European game and not the USA game.

But if they do any thing for the game it will just for you to get to play it on windows 10. Sorry but that is about it too. Just take 1404 it has a memory leak, save game crashes, & some of the quest you couldn't finish. They never fix them too.

HUNlevi1990
06-13-2020, 01:49 PM
Hi there!

Anno 1503 is a 18 year old game, but I don't care how old it is. I like it best. Lot of players used to play on old, REMASTERED games such as State of war warmonger, Mafia 1(definitive editon), Age of empires I-II definitive editon, Battlerealms (remastered), Operation flashpoint: coldwar crisis (remastered), and so one.

To my mind EVERY old games must be remastered including my another favorite game from Ubisoft: dark planet battle for natrolis. Believe, lot of people will buy the remastered / remaked version.

What do you mean: "But they did a update for the European game and not the USA game."?

Here is the official website: https://www.anno-union.com/en/announcing-the-anno-history-collection/
According to this Anno 1404, 1503,1602 and 1701 will get 4K and modern OS support.

"today we are very excited to share the announcement of the upcoming Anno History Collection with you all. With this collection, we are updating the first four Anno games (1602, 1503, 1701 and 1404) to take advantage of modern PCs, while keeping the classic gameplay we all know and love. Among the more notable improvements to all four games are:

All games being ported to 64-bit to improve performance and stability (say goodbye to Anno 1404 running out of memory)
Support for new resolutions all the way up to 4k, making your empires look better than ever before
Improved multiplayer, with all games now running through Uplay, with comfort features such as quickmatch and desync recovery (as seen in Anno 1800). And yes… ANNO 1503 MULTIPLAYER IS OFFICIALLY HERE!
Full save game compatibility, so we hope you have held on to those beloved saves from years past
Of course, all games include their expansions, as well as any other official content that may have been released over the years"

After 18 years, the dream of Anno 1503 multiplayer is finally coming true We will love it!

dmdilks
06-13-2020, 06:27 PM
What do you mean: "But they did a update for the European game and not the USA game."?

Back then the USA would get their version and European would have theirs. Back then it was Sunflower that own the games. I wasn't till the Add-on for 1701 & 1404 when Ubisoft took over. 1404 still had the old format vs 2070, 2205 & 1800.

I still like 1404 the best. I play the Mod for 1404 all the time. It blows away the base game 1404 & add-on. I have been playing them since they first came out. When Ubisoft took over they started the Anno forum. That is when I jump from the old Sunflower forum to here.

http://iaam1404.projectanno.de/index.htm

Plus I have Collector Edition of 1701, 1404, 2070, 2205, & 1800.