PDA

View Full Version : Where do you play Pacific Fighters online?

William_66th
11-02-2004, 06:30 PM
I bought the PF game a few nights ago i think it is pretty good its reminds me of cfs2 but much better in many ways. My main problem is that i cant find anywhere to play the game online. UBI site doesn't even support the game as of yet so where are people playing it from. Anyone that could help me that would be great.

Have a great night and hopefully sometime see you in the air.

BILL

William_66th
11-02-2004, 06:30 PM
I bought the PF game a few nights ago i think it is pretty good its reminds me of cfs2 but much better in many ways. My main problem is that i cant find anywhere to play the game online. UBI site doesn't even support the game as of yet so where are people playing it from. Anyone that could help me that would be great.

Have a great night and hopefully sometime see you in the air.

BILL

N9493K
11-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I know what you mean.

I installed hyperlobby and It keeps looking for an exe for the other series.

Anyone know of a work around?

Can't get any info of the UBI Soft site.

I didn't get any Ubi-soft software with the game

N9493K
11-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Got it figured out.

One thing I can say nothing is easy with this game so far. Alot of "figure it outs". Need to work on that. Some of us have not been playing for years.

Go to Ubi-Soft (click play online on front page)

Click forgotten battles, Why? who knows. It will ask you to load software. Load it

There are standalone PF servers in there.

I am going in to get waxed.

good luck.

Maple_Tiger
11-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Yes, HyperLobby is thye place to be.

N9493K
11-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Has anyone been able to use Hyperlobby with a standalone install od PF?

I tried and I didn't see an option for PF.

I tried the other series but it (Hyperlobby) looks for the exe. of FB and IL2 and locks me out.

Thank you in advance

GT182
11-03-2004, 03:34 PM
You could also fly IP-to-IP with your friends. Start PF and select "Create Server" in the main menu.

I don't believe Jiri has included PF in HyperLobby yet. At least it wasn't there yet lastnight.

Quint1974
11-03-2004, 03:41 PM
What about XFIRE?
(Check my signature out)
Anyone use it?

I love it.
It is absolutely the best way to find your friends online, when they're playing games.

Apparently IL-2 is supported by XFIRE, but not a lot of people use it for that. Mainly FPS's.

But still, again..I love my XFIRE. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Q~

gates123
11-03-2004, 03:49 PM
I use all-seeing-eye and it lists most online servers. When you look at the server setup box it will tell you what version its running (i.e. 3.0) Very easy

strelnik_Sipi
11-03-2004, 03:51 PM
It is possible to play PF standalone in hyperlobby. Just rename pf.exe to il2fb.exe. You can still connect just to PF standalone servers though.

TAW_BlueDevil
11-03-2004, 05:45 PM
also be sure to enter the pathname so that HL knows where to look for the exe on the login page hold control and shift then click connect. It will bring up the pathname screen select search. Once you see the pathname (remember to have renamed the exe already) type it in exactly howw its shown. I have tried copy paste but that has not worked yet.

Also keep in mind that Jiri will probably be updating HL very soon to provide for PF or PF+aep rooms. When this happens and the update is intalled, you will possibly need to rename the exe and respecify the pathname.