PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited really means Limited

yingyangbears
06-04-2020, 12:13 AM
I was hoping that by "Unlimited" we would have access to ALL Just Dance songs from all past versions of Just Dance. But, no, that's not what we get. Why? Why are there so many songs missing from the Just Dance list, even when purchasing an Unlimited subscription? Wouldn't it make sense to just charge players a yearly or monthly subscription to play ALL of the Just Dance songs, create fantastic workout playlists from past songs including new songs?

Anyone else curious?

Rorro8a
06-05-2020, 04:28 AM
Ubisoft owns the choreos, not the songs. It's not like they can put the song they want even if it was released in a previous JD

greekphysics
06-06-2020, 12:56 AM
It may not have every song, but when I think about it, it actually comes pretty close. With Just Dance 2020, a Just Dance Unlimited subscription has almost every dance in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2014, and several dances from Just Dance 4. The main hole is Just Dance 2015, which has several great dances missing like Black Widow, Dark Horse, Diamonds, Get Low, Problem, What Does the Fox Say, and many others. It's also missing many dances from Just Dance 1, 2, and 3, though that doesn't bother me as much as the graphics, choreos, and scoring from that period doesn't match what the game has become. (Though it is still nice to see older dances added to Unlimited. It's like discovering a lost classic.) Of course, it's missing some DLC's and songs that are from related Just Dance games that aren't part of the main sequence (like Disney, kids, or specific singer versions).

While having almost everything from 2016 thru 2019 (if you have Just Dance 2020; for Unlimited subscriptions added to older versions of the game, you don't get songs from the most recent year(s)), it also has some great songs that you can only get through Unlimited, like Sucker, Done for Me, Woman Like Me, What Lovers Do, etc. (again, these are part of 2020's Unlimited subscription, but a few come with 2019).

I've spent as much as $60 to buy a single year's game, in which I get 40 songs and a dozen alternates. I spend about the same on an annual Unlimited subscription with 2020 as I normally spend on a single year's game, but with Unlimited I get access to over 500 songs (or is it 600 yet? it's hard to keep up). In comparison, Unlimited is an insanely good value, which is why I add it every year.

But I would love to have the missing songs added to it, especially from Just Dance 2015. (Or if they had a way to upgrade to All Access, I'd buy it.)

Happy Dancing. :-)

Guertena_
06-09-2020, 03:08 PM
I just want Applause and Bad Romance extreme :(

MrVinicius88
07-10-2020, 07:52 PM
I really wanted the "In the floor" song From Jennifer Lopez. It was at JD 4.

Unfortunatelly, it's not backward compatible with Xbox One.