PDA

View Full Version : My weapons officer is an idiot

Wolf52371
03-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Anybody ever watch a magnetic torpedo detonate under your target, and then a few seconds later one of your crew says "Torpedo missed sir." I like it when the ship goes down then i yell at my computer "You see that? Huh? You idiot..."

Wolf52371
03-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Anybody ever watch a magnetic torpedo detonate under your target, and then a few seconds later one of your crew says "Torpedo missed sir." I like it when the ship goes down then i yell at my computer "You see that? Huh? You idiot..."

vodkamike
03-30-2005, 10:06 AM
I've had the same experience. A torpedo explode right in the propellers on a merchant, and the crew yells out "Torpedo missed, Sir".

What's up with that?!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/logo_nyy_79x76.jpg

------------------------------
"IF you're not now, you never were"

jag_iv
03-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I've seen that regularly. Don't know if it's a bug or just that the fish was running slightly deep.
I love the fact that when ships are pitching in an angry sea I have to judge how much deeper to set it.

Wolf52371
03-30-2005, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jag_iv:
I've seen that regularly. Don't know if it's a bug or just that the fish was running slightly deep.
I love the fact that when ships are pitching in an angry sea I have to judge how much deeper to set it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And its really anooying for the ship to shift down in the water and swat your torpedo away...

lovecraft1969
03-30-2005, 12:41 PM
You guys must be using english voices since I am using german I can only remember 1 time them saying that a torpedo had missed and I have missed alot more than once.

gnolam
03-30-2005, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lovecraft1969:
You guys must be using english voices since I am using german I can only remember 1 time them saying that a torpedo had missed and I have missed alot more than once. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope. I play with German voices and my weapons officer is a pathological liar...