PDA

View Full Version : Changing U-boat numbers

U-2323
05-04-2005, 05:11 PM
I am sure this has been discussed before and I am sorry for raising the topic again. I couldn't find a thread on this on the forum. Could someone please explain to me how to change my U-boat numher since i just got my new XXI and the computer is still calling it by my old VII-B's number, U-54. That is the sub i got rid of and I shouldn't still have her number. It should be U-2*** something something like that..... I know where some of the files are, but please try to be specific in your explanation. Thanks everyone!

U-2323
05-04-2005, 05:11 PM
I am sure this has been discussed before and I am sorry for raising the topic again. I couldn't find a thread on this on the forum. Could someone please explain to me how to change my U-boat numher since i just got my new XXI and the computer is still calling it by my old VII-B's number, U-54. That is the sub i got rid of and I shouldn't still have her number. It should be U-2*** something something like that..... I know where some of the files are, but please try to be specific in your explanation. Thanks everyone!

Delfin1941
05-04-2005, 05:38 PM
you go into My Documents, ShIII folder, and then into your Career folder and open all the folders that are called 'Patrol" and "Log" searching for U-54 in them and replacing that with your own number.

Do that while you are in port before a mission.
Once its saved, be sure to load the ;in port after patroll' game, and not the 'before patroll' one.
It should work.

Death_Dealer72
05-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Do you have to change the # in every log file? like log, log 2, & log 3?

quillan
05-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Beery has the instructions in a thread in the Community Creatives forum.