PDA

View Full Version : CLEARLY STUNNED HIM

cwoad
05-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Ok I know someones about to kill me, so im pressing stun loads of times - the stun animation goes on, THEN SOMEHOW HE COUNTERS IT AND KILLS ME

When im doing the killing, I attack the guy (longer range), the kill animation goes on, THEN HE STUNS ME????

I have a really good connection but i have no idea why this is happening :S

StarScream391
05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
CLEARLY HE PROBABLY LAGGED! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

monkeyuncle8
05-16-2011, 04:38 PM
you may have a really good connection, but they might have a very bad one

lane42
05-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Are you stopping them with a smoke bomb or a mute first? Naked stuns are really, really hard by design.

daddychinn
05-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Well I got one better. Last night in wanted, I did stun the guy. He fell down, I got the points for it and everything. But the fed arrow never left his head and the red dot never left my pursuers box. And he then got up and got a 100 point kill on me. This ever happen to anyone else?

thornebrook
05-16-2011, 07:43 PM
@daddychinn, something similar happened to me a few weeks back, except after I stunned someone and got the points for it, the kill animation proceeds before he could even fall down. Went by pretty fast.

@OP, I experienced the same thing just a few hours ago. I climbed up the side of a building, then spammed kill when I reached the top where the target was. The kill animation proceeds, but afterwards, the game announces that I've been stunned. No points awarded for me, and target's very much not dead and running away. Pretty sure it was due to lag, but was still kind of funny.

Definitely not a common occurrence for me, though. Hopefully, you've just been getting matches with people on the other side of the world, causing high ping somewhere?

nightpriestess
05-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by daddychinn:
Well I got one better. Last night in wanted, I did stun the guy. He fell down, I got the points for it and everything. But the fed arrow never left his head and the red dot never left my pursuers box. And he then got up and got a 100 point kill on me. This ever happen to anyone else?

This has happened to me twice and both times, they initiated a chase. The first time, he did get up and kill me but the second time, his pursuer came and killed him before he could get up.

They happened in two different games BTW, wasn't the same person either.

Ripe Claw
05-16-2011, 11:27 PM

Yes, only I was on the edge of a roof and stunned the guy, he started to fall off the roof, but before he hit the ground he warped back up to me and killed me and got the points too. We both scored off of the exchange. It all happened in the blink of an eye pretty much.

T0xicLotus
05-17-2011, 01:29 AM

Yup, this happened to me in Assassinate, Stunned my pursuer, he fell down, Red arrow still above his head and I couldn't kill him, he gets up I stun him again, still the Red arrow is there and I still cant kill him, he gets up once again and mutes me to stop me stunning him, then he proceeds to kill me, I was like WTF? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

persiateddy95
05-17-2011, 01:51 AM
I remember stunning a friend of mine yesterday, but I couldn't kill him so I stunned him again, and then I could kill him. Weird stuff.

obliviondoll
05-17-2011, 01:58 AM
I've had that from the other side.

I got stunned, got the "contract lost" notification, but still had my target, and still had a chase meter. I got up, ran over and killed him for 100 points. He'd done some pretty ridiculous stuff to me earlier in the game, so I didn't think it was too unfair.

lane42
05-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I got stunned, got the "contract lost" notification, but still had my target, and still had a chase meter. I got up, ran over and killed him for 100 points. ...

I've had similar things happen, but it never occured to me to try to do anything with the old contract. Hmm, something to try next time it happens.

There's a new glitch that's been haunting me the last couple of days. I'll smoke a suspected persuer and catch them, and then proceed to spam the stun button. Nothing happens, so I figure I got an NPC. I move off only to have the "NPC" run up and kill me when the smoke clears. WTF? If this is lag, then where's this guy playing from? Mars?

Since PSN came back online, the PS3 seems awfully glitchy and laggy compared to the PC. Hopefully it's all load related and will calm down over the next few days. (crosses fingers)

TheLeoCrow
05-17-2011, 11:35 AM

I had the same thing with only one difference: I stunned the same person a second time. I guess that even though they lost the contract, the game gave them me as a contract imediatelly a second time. It was fun. I stayed for a third one but unfortunatelly they got another contract

A much funnier story however happened in manhunt. I was blended in the same crowd as my target. Suddenly i see a red fist above his head and i hit the stun button. Surprisingly i stunned him even though he was my target! after that ofcourse i killed him but it must have been a huge shock for him

m4tt3198
05-17-2011, 11:55 AM
I think I had something similar to daddychinn's example happen to me last night; the priest fast walks up to me so I mute/stun him then rejoin my blend group. He gets up and fast walks after me again, I'm hearing whispers so, smoke/stun. Then he gets up, dashes over and kills me for 100 pts. I wasn't paying that much attention to my pursuers box, but I presume he lost the contract each time.

Kytr
05-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I had a weird experience like that yesterday. I stunned my pursuer (the event was anounce and the bonus information went up and everything). Just as I regain control, she jumps up and kills me. No warning or opportunity to do anything.

m4tt3198
05-19-2011, 10:57 AM
New twist on this bug; last night in assassinate I'm the bieber and the prowler locks onto me. It's the beginning of the match and I have all of my abilities, so I smoke/stun/focus/poison him. He's got the poison symbol over his head and I can hear the poison sound going, so I break my lock and start walking/looking around to see if anyone is dashing our way. Just then, he stabs me in back of the neck and I get the message that I've been killed for 400 pts. I fall down and just lay there. I can still hear the poison sound going and while I'm laying there I start seeing my kill and bonus points being tallied.

I never respawn, I have no radar, and I'm just laying there face down, eating dirt. I was hoping someone would come along and put me out of my misery, but I gave up after a couple of minutes and quit out.